Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Alberton, Gauteng

Working there is most important and you learn more duties that advance your knowledge, you get bonuses as an employee and give your opinion its supers
Pros
Own lunch
Cons
8 to 5
Day at work is a normal day and I have learn more about long term and short term insurance through training. The management is fair working culture fair as well. Difficult part of the job is paying back the commission. The good part of the job is to get to know new people.
Majority of my time spent is on the road, where i meet clients to advise them more on the products we have at Old Mutual. I learnt how to be punctual, speak to strangers in a professional manner confidently and how to close a deal. We learn to work as a team in stead of competitors. Hardest part of the career is finding my feet and growing my business, but the most enjoyable part is achieving each goal i set my mind to.
Pros
Mentoring opportunities i received
Cons
Dealing with inconsistent clients
different activities i enjoyed. Challenging and great team to work with, supportive management, income claw-backs a challenge but the nature of the job was fulfilling. I could really stretch myself
Pros
earning potential great
Cons
Very long hours sometimes
Worked as a Financial Advisor and loved the hours and days worked there. When I got there, I knew nothing about Finances but got all the training needed and skill about it and other companies. I still recommend Old Mutual even today!The manager wasn't bad at all. He just needed his work done and on target so is every manager. He gave credit where it was due. We become family with co-workers so as to help each to achieve the best. The worst was claw backs!! That made me hate being a commissioned only FA, till today!!! The best times were reaching the target, family outings and being at Gallagher Estate promoting Old Mutual.
Pros
salary
Cons
no growth, financial advisor and thats it!