Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape239 reviews
5,0
I loved the benefits at Old Mutual, the company culture is great and they care about their employees in terms of their growth and development. They also have an onsite gym, mall and creche.
Pros
Employee benefits are great, competitive salaries, performance incentives, group life cover, free parking, onsite mall, creche and gym.
Cons
Specialized roles, exposure to a variety of functions can be limited.
5,0
I feel like i did not get time to prove myself as a sales consultant as my manager did not fight for renewal of my contracf due to her personal reasons. Other than that Old Mutual is a great company
5,0
Answer incoming calls, do amendments, work with brokers directly, learned that brokers always seemed to know everything, they use to the old ways, telling them about new processed in place always created problems, but I could work around that, excellent listening skills, always got great reviews/feedback from brokers, was nominated for emerald award for sales and service. was top performer in up selling products- short term insurance. I loved the wow moment of brokers and their delight when they received good service, always got good ratings. System was sometimes slow, new legislation and processes always take long to get use to, but we over came it. Utmost respect for each other's culture, respect and integrity. Salary was good, working hours was perfect, no stress, everyone did their part, team leader great to work with, always pushing you to your limits, always saw the good in others, always had a kind word.
3,0
Its a create company to work for overall, the work culture is very good, people don't just work but build networks which makes it a create environment
3,0
Old Mutual is a good company to work for but it is also a very big corporate that has lots of red tape. The business model is very different as they hire a lot of contract workers.
3,0
The workplace is extremely busy and formal. The management has key work deliverable's which needs to be completed and make sure the staff adheres to those deliverable's.
4,0
Good company with very good benefits.
Great leadership. Has a work life balance for most departments depending on what kind of work you do. Some could departments like call centers and back office could become challenging based on workload.
4,0
Challenging but secure environment. There is room for growth both personal and as an employee. Hard work- long hours and extra efforts put but with great rewards.
Pros
Career development programs
Old mutual is a Good company. They offer the following ,Alot of knowledge
,Friendly and helpful staff

,Good courses

,Training provided

,helpful people
Pros
gift cards, competitions
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company?
4,0
I have had a great experience at Old Mutual and I've had many opportunities to learn and advance my career. I think it especially a great place to start working if it is your first actuarial job.
2,0
The company has a lot of work to do as far as transformation is concerned. There was a lack of willingness to adjust to new things within the company and I joined whilst it was undergoing a lot of structural changes. Management are often bullies and supported by HR.
4,0
Old Mutual Information Technology department is a dynamic, creative, challenging environment to work in, that drives speed as a "currency" and a customer focused delivery mindset, enabling our internal customers through the provisioning of IT Infrastructure services that underpin / enhance their ability to "do their job" and seamlessly interact with both internal teams and customers.
5,0
I would not hesitate to work for them again. Certainly the best company I have ever worked for. Very empowering to unleash innovation out of employees.
2,0
I remember when one of my colleagues sweared at me and I reported the matter to my manager who just said I must adapt and stop being so soft, this is sales. There's no professionalism at all. Target is high but the commission is little. I used to cry every morning before going to work, beause I never wanted to see my abusive manager. If you looking for depression go do sales at Oldmutual.
5,0
I am happy to work with such productive , the most the that i like is the agility part. we tackle work as a team. Working environment is perfect , relaxed.
5,0
it was a great company to work for
however i was mugged to many times on the road and therefore was forced to leave

i was a rep on the road selling policies
4,0
Great culture with fantastic people. The Pinelands building is constantly upgrading to make everything convenient and as comfortable for staff as possible.
5,0
Good company to work for it pay well. It is Monday to Friday no public holidays. It is a good call centre to work and working environments is good. I can for this company anytime.
5,0
i have learnt a lot at old mutual, i have learn so many skills such as interacting with clients. the management was nice to us. i have enjoyed working at old mutual and i have gained a lot of experience.
5,0
The culture of the company is excellent, company itself is a good company to work for, but the growth is something the company should really look into as they would loose many potential workers
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Medical aid that's compulsory and high cost
4,0
It is a greate country that accommodates everyone, the staff is good towards each other, management is always willing to hep and assist at any given time.