Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape248 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 248 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 548 reviews

Productive and fun place to work at

I enjoy working at Old Mutual. Although it could be stressful at times in some months you are not paid which becomes frustrating. You learn as you go which is nice.

Stressful and uncertainty

This is the worst job to find yourself at after you graduated. The nature of the job sucks, very demanding and long hours of work. Pay is not guaranteed.

Great benefits, the company contributes to your retirement fund & medical aid.

Great company to work for with lots of room for growth. They take care of their staff offering good bonuses and benefits. Extensive training so you learn alot and training is on-going for you to perform at your best in your role.

Pros

Benefits - retirement fund, medical aid and bonuses

Cons

fast paced and stresfull place to work

fast paced, management sucks, communication with management hard, witch-hunt mentality of managers to staff, maybe i was just in the wrong department with an incompetent manager

Pros

incentives

Cons

too much admin

Perfect balance of work and fun

Loved working at OM. Would go back any day. I was able to work reduced hours after my first child was born which was a huge plus.I felt valued and my hard work was recognised.People were all kind and friendly.

Pros

Great gifts

Cons

Interview was difficult

Comfortable place to work at

Old Mutual could be a great place if the leadership is flexible and approaching , in each business units. Career growth is largely driven by managers who are biased and not on performance of an individual. Qualifications is a none issue in most businesses and the salary is not market related, especially in the back office environment,however job security was secured during my 13 years with Old Mutual, always had great people as in team members that can actually become a family.

Pros

Constant training

Cons

Poor growth you end up being stagnant.

Professional development and Growth

Being part of Old Mutual family is a blessing from the start and a place of growth and development with all of benefits and connecting with great advice everyday

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Incentive program

If you can for Old mutual it depend how they value you then you will get good salary. You have to know someone for you to be endorsed to higher position

Training and development, discipline and intergrity are core values together with respect, accountability and discipline

Training and development journey, which is mainly people and customercentric and focused on enabling one to self actualisation and discipline, integrity as well as leadership which is characterised by example to fellow workers and subordinates. Fairly positive culture and promotion of good relationships.

Pros

Training and Development

Cons

Not being able to work in location of choice

Productive and fun

Enjoyable company to work for. They car about your well being and take their employees into consideration in everything that they do. Pay is also fair

Pros

They care about you

Cons

Short breaks

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company?

Old Mutual is a great place to work with a great employee value proposition

I loved the benefits at Old Mutual, the company culture is great and they care about their employees in terms of their growth and development. They also have an onsite gym, mall and creche.

Pros

Employee benefits are great, competitive salaries, performance incentives, group life cover, free parking, onsite mall, creche and gym.

Cons

Specialized roles, exposure to a variety of functions can be limited.

I feel like i did not get time to prove myself as a sales consultant as my manager did not fight for renewal of my contracf due to her personal reasons. Other than that Old Mutual is a great company

Always productive, always meeting targets and maintaining 100% service levels

Answer incoming calls, do amendments, work with brokers directly, learned that brokers always seemed to know everything, they use to the old ways, telling them about new processed in place always created problems, but I could work around that, excellent listening skills, always got great reviews/feedback from brokers, was nominated for emerald award for sales and service. was top performer in up selling products- short term insurance. I loved the wow moment of brokers and their delight when they received good service, always got good ratings. System was sometimes slow, new legislation and processes always take long to get use to, but we over came it. Utmost respect for each other's culture, respect and integrity. Salary was good, working hours was perfect, no stress, everyone did their part, team leader great to work with, always pushing you to your limits, always saw the good in others, always had a kind word.

Its a create company to work for overall

Its a create company to work for overall, the work culture is very good, people don't just work but build networks which makes it a create environment

Big company with a strong corporate culture

Old Mutual is a good company to work for but it is also a very big corporate that has lots of red tape. The business model is very different as they hire a lot of contract workers.

Productive Workplace

The workplace is extremely busy and formal. The management has key work deliverable's which needs to be completed and make sure the staff adheres to those deliverable's.

Good company to work for

Good company with very good benefits. Great leadership. Has a work life balance for most departments depending on what kind of work you do. Some could departments like call centers and back office could become challenging based on workload.

Fast-pased, fun environment

Challenging but secure environment. There is room for growth both personal and as an employee. Hard work- long hours and extra efforts put but with great rewards.

Pros

Career development programs

Good diverse place

Old mutual is a Good company. They offer the following ,Alot of knowledge ,Friendly and helpful staff ,Good courses ,Training provided ,helpful people

Pros

gift cards, competitions

Great actuarial job culture

I have had a great experience at Old Mutual and I've had many opportunities to learn and advance my career. I think it especially a great place to start working if it is your first actuarial job.

Old Mutual - Review

The company has a lot of work to do as far as transformation is concerned. There was a lack of willingness to adjust to new things within the company and I joined whilst it was undergoing a lot of structural changes. Management are often bullies and supported by HR.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 548 reviews