Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Centurion, Gauteng15 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 572 reviews

Stressful

Long hours, a lot of pressure from management. Work overtime including weekends, the pay is okay but not nearly worth the mental toll it takes on you. I was miserable all the time

Stress

Working as Financial advisor is very challenging and and stressful. You need to be prepared. Old mutual has lots of benefits and is a great company to work for.

Fun workplace

Working here is interesting and we receive equal respect and support . It is easy to communicate with the manager and resolution of problem is done in time .

Fun workplace

It is a nice company to work in and the people are friendly as well and they have a good team and we help one another and they have fairness in everything that they do

Pros

Free lunch

Balanced

Stressful but manageable. Flexibility, only stress is going out to the field to look for clients. Salary not guaranteed if don't meet your monthly target.

More of sales and targets than Financial advice

This is good for the first 3 months as you get paid however this should not be your long term resort unless you are great with sales, meeting targets and you have a large portfolio of people to sell products to. There are times you will deter from actual financial advice just to make a sale so that you can make target. However you will learn a lot here

Pros

Flexible hours unless there are meetings

Cons

Target based salary, you may earn no salary at all

educational

what i love with my job,is that it teaches how one should manage their finances and the importance savings and life cover. the hardest part is talking to arrogant and short tempered clients. i learned to be patient and managing money.

Pros

financial education

Productive and exciting workplace

Old Mutual is a diverse and driven group with self-driven and exciting colleagues. Old Mutual has helped me gain working experience in the months worked there.

Pros

Working hours are from 08:00 - 16:30

Cons

Non-recognition

Fun workplace

Everyone must be brave to work alone the is no babysitter You must meet a target every month No target no pay Coldcalling Make appointment Llllll mmmm

Pros

Entertainment

Cons

8hoo meeting mon-friday

informative and flexi hours

had to attend morning meetings everyday week day for about 30 min and i would call clients and secure appointments,travel to prospect for new business and meet with clients. learned a lot about financial regulations and processes. reporting to a development and sales manager who was supporting and motivating me. had a really fun relationship with my co-workers and supported each other and have lots of fun. the hardest part about the job would be meeting the targets and qualifying for the academy fee,clients not paying their premiums and policies lapsing-mainly because clients arent happy with the after sales service.not having a fixed and reliable salary every month. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing clients achieve their goals and having peace of mind.

Pros

Managing my own time.

Cons

After hours and travelling to see clients

Fun workplace,learn new things everyday

Its very nice to work at old Mutual , you learn how people think and how to manage your financial problem , and teaches about tax returns, JSE. Everyone is just loving and helpful , so you get to meet new people everyday and new friends, Learn from them.

Pros

Normal lunch

Cons

office hours

Typical day: clients prospecting, office admin, meeting clients What I learned: To work independently and very hard. Management: Don't know Co-workers: They where wonderful The hardest part: prospecting and late meetings with clients Enjoyable part: Independency and seeing different areas

Pros

Flexible environment

Cons

After hours meetings

Very productive and humoristic

Every day at work is productive but full of laughs Your learn something new every day Management are very supportive towards employees My co-workers are great to work with. Somedays we argue a bit but most of the times we laugh through the day. During month- end closing is the hardest part of the job to keep the people happy so that the job can be finalised in time but still every day is a joyfull day

Pros

Dastinction, prizegiving functions, Incentives(STI)

Cons

Month end closing pressure (1 day)

Productive and fun enviroment

Challenging which is good keeps you on your feet. Fun place to work as the comms are really good if the alot of effort is put in. Good support from overall managers.

Pros

Good medical aid

Cons

Claw blacks cancellations

Positive Work Enviroment

The fun part of the job was the sales targets and feeling of satisfaction you get when you have accomplished your goal.

Pros

Office Breakfast on a regular basis

Cons

Dealing with clients that was given incorrect advice or information

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 572 reviews