Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Durban, KwaZulu-Natal74 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 74 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 572 reviews

Okay stressing

Good working environment and incentives but there is limited growth advantage is they teach you your re5 and pay for your test when it's time to go write it

Productive, fast paced and fun environment

Fast paced environment and stressful working environment. Targets are set for you and you have to meet them. Job is commission based so you get what you put in. Management is very supportive and ensure that you are successful, they also have incentives that motivate you to achieve targets required.

Can be very stressful

Pressurized environment, you have to be thick-skinned. It’s always about sales and getting clients to take out policies…. But great employee benefits, events and year end trips

The work environment is good, however quite competitive

Working at Old mutual was a good experience, however the manner in which I had to leave work due to retrenched was distasteful. I was forced to sign resignation.

Pros

Working at your own time.

Cons

High targets

It was fine. But some managers must put personal issue aside special at work, and they must encourage education because education is the key in future. Thank You

Pros

Travel allowance, car allowance etc.

honesty and integrity

the only thing you need to do when you are working at old mutual is be honest to your clients so that you can gain their trust and sell efficiently

Pros

dress code

appearance

Oldmutual is a good company with a lots of benefit

Oldmutual is a good company with a lots of benefit, it's very easy to work at Oldmutual because it's a big company and its almost every where most of the people know about Oldmutual and they trust Oldmutual

Pros

There free lunches during the meeting and workshops

Cons

Its depend on your planning, you just need proper planning

Best insurance company

I have nothing to say, other than that this company needs​ to change some working ethics and make more possibilities for advisors to find clients, but this is the best insurance company

Cons

All I can say they'll sell you a dream only to find out that you were really dreaming

Old Mutual Managers are the most important people in the company. If you a Financial Advisor you in for the ride you will work day and night for your manager then you get nothing in return. Sometimes you don't even get your commission. Then decide to resign you will be debarred Representatives.

I love my job

Best job ever and yes it is a job with you like to recommend to the youth as it needs young and vibrant characters, my jobs needs one to push beyond boundaries.

unhappy

Bunch of Liars and thieves. They make promises that they cannot keep. Management does not know what they are doing. They do not tell the whole story. Unrealistic targets are set.

Productive but management is not up to standard

Management not up to standard , had difficulty with manager who I was working under, a lot of unnecessary pressure and backstabbing , was not a good experience

old mutual has taught me to be organised ,has made me love tge face to to face job it is very exicting to work with different people and advising them

I like the management structure and team work ,motivations and all that ibhave worked for old mutual fpr about 7 months bt tge experience i is more than that , ilike the fact that old mutual trains you before they can put you on tge field to represent the company.

You get good and bad times when you work there

Working at old mutual I can say its very stressful but pays very well because you get paid basic of about R8000 and also get paid bonuses for the work you put in.

Very good company

I worked very well in the company and got paid very well. In terms of upgrading it was 100%. Benefits were superb. Keep it up. I think the company should try give their employees better opportunities in top positions.

Great company as is very old and reliable.

Premium should grow with cover, improve cover benefits. Refund in consolation clients who contributed towards their respective cover and for some reason cannot proceed with premium contribution.

High Stress due to Target

RDR will not work for new advisors. Great Management and Mentoring Targets are beyond any individuals Academy Module doesn't work Payment on confirmed business instead of Issued does not work

Productive professional workplace

It was a very professional workplace with assistance at all times learnt alot old mutual helped me grow has there were very ethically good managements

Pros

Free lunches

Great work culture

I deal with prospecting new clients, making appointments and going out to see clients to secure new business. I am also required to service existing clients.

Great culture and very inclusive of its employees

Old Mutual Finance is a great employer I've ever worked for. It possesses a great culture, built on very strong values, very inclusive of its employees, management is very transparent and offers great benefits to its employees.

Pros

Monthly Incentive Scheme and Phantom Shares Programme

Great learnership

Old Mutual offers a great learnership programme. It consists of a 24 Month Academy which is intense but allows us to learn a lot. The downfall in my experience is that it is very difficult to earn a stable income.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 572 reviews