Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Johannesburg, Gauteng96 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 96 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 589 reviews

Productive and friendly wworkplace.

For me everything was fine, competitive challenging and manageable. ILove challenge and I'm super productive in everything I do and I am always willing to learn more.

Productive and challenging

Very challenging and a lot of pressure. Needs you to constantly be ready to work and meet deadlines. You need to know what you want as a person but most importantly, enjoy the sales environment .

Pros

Compensation

Cons

unpredictable hours

Great Company

Great Exposure Massive Company in the industry it operates within Fun and exciting Great culture & everyone is friendly Always competitive

Pros

Lunch

Cons

N/a

Great benefits

Good company to work for, great benefits and interesting culture and management dynamics. Overall great organisation with awesome rewards and really takes care of its own.

Awesome Culture ; Busy Enviroment

Typical day at work was your normal inbound call centre Day. Dealing with unhappy and happy clients, assisting where ever we could. Pushing beyond boundaries to make sure, no matter how that call started, that the customer was happy before hat call was ended. Fun times with staff members It is such a lovely environment; only management could of done better with motivating the employees.

fun place to work

management are skill full progressive company lots of opportunities lots of support from management fun place to work there is no basic salary, commission only

a lot of changes, feel insecure with all the changes

To much changes and movements in department, management don't have any people skills to treat staff with respect and is very inpatient. Unreachable and unfair target that is expected of staff to reach each and every month. There is no time to have fun as it is just work, work, work. Micro management, extremely target driven and nothing is an excuse if you don't reach that target each and every month. Management is targeting and treating certain staff with disrespect and no patient or with correct people skills. Team Leaders humiliate you in front of everyone. Hardest part of the job is to reach the unfair targets without any assistance from some Team leaders. There is no positive motivation and support from team leaders.

Pros

nothing

Cons

long hours, work 11 hours most days without any overtime payment

Good Culture

Alot of multifunctions and focused areas, conderable amount of diversity and knowledge to gained. Alot of emphisis placed on Customer Care, SLA, and maintaining NPS scores above the Company national average.

Accountability

Awesome company to work for. Good employee wellness benefits. Great employee development structure. They encourage the culture of learning and continuous improvements.

Financial planning

I learned the insights and depth of financial planning and wealth management, enjoyed being able to assist clients in managing the wealth and also knowing how their future looked in terms of their finances.

Pros

year end functions

Cons

cold calling

Productive and fun workplace

I am motivated to work at Old Mutual Insure its a positive place to work for I learnt a lot about call Centre ant good culture for work behavior. I enjoyed working in a team

Pros

Good working enviroment

Fair Workplace

Old Mutual Insure is a free and a fair workplace. The management is also fair and very considerate. have learnt a lot including managing my time, multi tasking and working in a professional environment in general. There is diversity and it enables individuals to explore themselves more. The hardest part of the job would be probably dealing with angry clients and the most enjoyable part is doing the everyday work.

Stable Work Place

Its a stable company which has been in business for more than 200 years. Most of the staff working there have been with the company form more than 20 and 30 years. The culture is slow when it comes to adapting to any proposed culture

Productive, fast pace environment

Fast pace environment, competitive co-workers, challenging. had to be flexible and organised. good growth opportunities, great management structure. Fun co-workers and managers.

Pros

free snacks.

Cons

short breaks

productive and fun working place

Work hard and earn more with the company work as if you own the company time keeping and values of the company are the key to success work like there's no tomorrow

Pros

branch trips and competition

A good place to work at

Its not an 8 hours working job,or Monday to Friday,you work anytime any where not always the in office but on the road talking to client about their financial needs.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

long hours, writting your own cheque

Stretches your potential in a great way

Salary is not so good and recognition for salary review is non existent despite proof that you are a hard worker. I was a consultant and earned bonuses, retained policies in books for a long period and yet when time arrived to review my salary as agreed it never happened...

Pros

Good working hours

Cons

No good support structure from management

insurance industry finance.

Educating client with their finance, consolidation and loan and guide them to be debt free & i manage to set them free and educate them about spending

Pros

non

Cons

8 hours

Sales

Inbound and outbound sales for short term insurance .U learn more about different client that are always looking for a need to insure their valuables.

Pros

Incentive when target is meet

Cons

No long hours

Good start up and now an established player

The strategy to execution was clear and as an insurance company the focus on underwriting was rightly placed. I think the automated underwriting systems that we implemented turned out to be scalable and helped in straight pass cases and reduced the TAT for issuance

Fun to work here

The people are fun to work with.I enjoyed my stay at Old Mutual very much & will not mind to return there.The culture has improved.There is more here.

Pros

more people to learn from

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 589 reviews