Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Johannesburg, Gauteng90 reviews
4,0
Being with company for over 15 years has allowed me to learn a lot about myself and cooperate business.

I am however grateful for each a D every stride taken and the opportunity the company has given me to grow
Pros
Always looking for innovative ways to improve
Cons
Complete a single project before jumping onto another
5,0
- When there is bad log, we compromise our lunch and knock of time to give productivity
- the importance of time management and to multitask

- very reliable and they appreciate the team

- very ethical

- The target is rounded off for the whole month
4,0
the hardest park of the job is going door to door to get clients, I have learned a lot especially working with clients and getting to know them better and understanding theirs situations and its is enjoyable and you make lot of money.it is actually like running your own business when you manage yourself and set your own targets.
Pros
telephone usage
3,0
people are given a chance to be themselves through the standard culture. everyone is given equal opportnuties. the targets set are reasonable and working hours are fair.
Pros
reward for job well done
Cons
growth opportunities are limited
5,0
The company was fun to work for, the basic was nice plus we earned commission for exceeding individual target, for being part of contributing toward the region target we got rewarded with trips and being part of achievers club. Development was there for every product we had to sell it helped a lot because we sold what we were very informed of. I loved working there unfortunately the long hours and no off that i made myseld work to be the best and earn more deprived me time to raise my kids.
Pros
Free lunches, free team braais every week. Petrol money every week and airtime every month.
Cons
Long hours.
4,0
Old Mutual was the best Organization where I have learnt the Managerial Course and started to manage people within .I have enjoyed working there from 2005 to 2011 November.
Pros
Monthly activies for the best performers
Cons
Normal hours
4,0
A typical day at work should be filled with room for growth,and have challenges. Management should be willing to share information and enegetic. Working should be fun
Pros
medical aid and provident fund
Cons
long working hours
5,0
People should start applying at Old Mutual it is my ideal company. I enjoyed interacting wit people and being on field selling insurance, u get to meet with different kind of people and companies. You get to expand your knowledge in different sectors, u learn new things each and every day as get to meet with new faces everyday.
Pros
Training was also great, free lunches, buffet.
Cons
u work smart.
4,0
Excellent management team, team work is encouraged.

Internal processes need to be re-evaluated and improved.

Reaching targets through all odds made the job tedious.

Flexible hours and servicing or advising clients on a daily basis made the job enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible working hours, field work, employee benefits
Cons
not being paid if targets are not meet.
3,0
it's a fun place to work for and there's great opportunities and the culture is good.However there isn't enough room for growth.
5,0
very flexible hours great salary opportunities, management is very supportive. hardest part is finding your feet in terms of a stable client base. i find working for old mutual can open a lot of doors if you can start on a good client base
4,0
Old Mutual is a very productive company to work for, it has great incentives as well as employee development structures. Although their management structure needs to be worked on.
Pros
Salary increases
Cons
No overtime
5,0
Good working environment, very energised ,funb to hang around, professional at all times, respective , the company thought me more good customer service and servicing clients on how to communicate with them professionally and dealing with work pressure especially on reaching daily targets and pushing beyond boundaries especially in making sure that clients care happy and assisted at all time ,time management and well grooming in respecting other people not only as clients ,but also as family in understanding their needs at all times and .asking sure you deliver good service.
Pros
free lunches
1,0
Working hear was funny but management are something else they Will like you only the week that you reach ur target if u don't the following week they can even shout at u, no it was traumatizing and boring and they ask some of employees to spy on other not health environment at all Old Mutual RMM.
Pros
Cons
flexible
5,0
Working in Old Mutual is fun yet one learns a lot in terms of managing finances, very challenging, have very supporting managers, surrounded by friendly colleagues, hardest part would b finding new clients, most enjoyable is when we have events
Pros
Events/functions
Cons
finding new clients
4,0
One of the big financial services comapnies, under the ministry finance and responsible for pensions administration
5,0
Securing appiontments,overseeing sales staff under me and seeing clients and securing deals.Meeting new people everyday and own time management
Pros
Healthy environment
Cons
Clawbacks on bussiness
5,0
Old Mutual is an entity that operates from a disparagement portfolio, where overall processes are concentrated to an individual line manager thus reducing independence, job satisfaction and frustrating growth. There is no clear-cut job advancement and security, because the remuneration structure is purely commission based. The job culture is also unclear because of the style of management.
Pros
the training is profitable, yes.
Cons
There tends to be favouritism
5,0
the biggest South African insurance company,working for the intelligence unit was exciting and profitable for me,learn things you don't see in the university books
3,0
I personally like to grow and develop my knowledge by going an extra mile with my job, for example doing my team leaders job when they are not around just to gain more experience in my field of work.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
Long Hours
3,0
Been with Old mutual for over 5 years broken service. Excellent company to work for. As a financial adviser, your monthly income is hugely dependent on whether your clients are loyal to their premiums. No amount of screening or background checks can prepare you for if and when a client suffers financially. Once their income is affected, their premiums to policies suffer. Once this happens , my income suffers. No matter how hard i push myself and no matter how hard i work at my job, my income never displays my effort. Its heart breaking and frustrating. I therefore need more stability in terms of income
Pros
Environment
Cons
Income