Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Johannesburg, Gauteng96 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 96 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 589 reviews

Productive and friendly wworkplace.

For me everything was fine, competitive challenging and manageable. ILove challenge and I'm super productive in everything I do and I am always willing to learn more.

Productive and fun

We always have work to do communication skills good communication with our superiors everything is managed when we have too much workload and the deadline are close by when our workload is standard

Pros

free lunch when did our work on time and when we have trainings

Cons

normal working hours

productive

morning meetings from 08H00 to 9H00 Phone and confirm appointments with clients Print quotations and go out to appointment come back to the office to process the business received on that da

Job experience is fun as you learn a lot about Marketing in a holistic view

A typical day at work as a intern. log on go thru Emails and assist in anything the Marketing and events team need assistance with, whether its helping with the TV slot burns, activation's or ordering promo items and design with BSSP in certain days there is status meetings of up-coming events and past on how they faired. The management is good The hardest part of the job is the constant travelling had having to be away from home for extended time periods

Pros

Learning about Marketing in one umbrella

Cons

extended time away from home activating for events

Productive and Fun

Working at Old Mutual taught me better time management skills and discipline in my daily routine, in order to maintain focused and reach goals. Open and approachable management style with a great working environment.

Good company, And the very fun company to work for.

It's fun working for old mutual only the salary is the challenge, I love all the benefits e.g Medical aid, and provident fund, u love the flexibility of hours.

Pros

Team building

Cons

Salary

old mutual if a good company to work for.their employees are united and always support one another.whether is work related or personal

typical day at work would be on mondays if you never planed your day well,then everything will fall apart,what i have learned is that you need to plan in advance.work culture is extremely amazing and enjoyable.reaching targets sometimes can be a bit of a challenge.what i enjoy most is i knock off at any-time as long as my job for the day is done.

Pros

we get free petrol money, cell phones and airtimes

Cons

we work long hours and an extra mile

- When there is bad log, we compromise our lunch and knock of time to give productivity - the importance of time management and to multitask - very reliable and they appreciate the team - very ethical - The target is rounded off for the whole month

productive

the hardest park of the job is going door to door to get clients, I have learned a lot especially working with clients and getting to know them better and understanding theirs situations and its is enjoyable and you make lot of money.it is actually like running your own business when you manage yourself and set your own targets.

Pros

telephone usage

Cons

productive and fun work place

people are given a chance to be themselves through the standard culture. everyone is given equal opportnuties. the targets set are reasonable and working hours are fair.

Pros

reward for job well done

Cons

growth opportunities are limited

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company?

Fun work

The company was fun to work for, the basic was nice plus we earned commission for exceeding individual target, for being part of contributing toward the region target we got rewarded with trips and being part of achievers club. Development was there for every product we had to sell it helped a lot because we sold what we were very informed of. I loved working there unfortunately the long hours and no off that i made myseld work to be the best and earn more deprived me time to raise my kids.

Pros

Free lunches, free team braais every week. Petrol money every week and airtime every month.

Cons

Long hours.

Fun work place

Old Mutual was the best Organization where I have learnt the Managerial Course and started to manage people within .I have enjoyed working there from 2005 to 2011 November.

Pros

Monthly activies for the best performers

Cons

Normal hours

Productive and fun working enviroment

A typical day at work should be filled with room for growth,and have challenges. Management should be willing to share information and enegetic. Working should be fun

Pros

medical aid and provident fund

Cons

long working hours

It is a great company to work for.

People should start applying at Old Mutual it is my ideal company. I enjoyed interacting wit people and being on field selling insurance, u get to meet with different kind of people and companies. You get to expand your knowledge in different sectors, u learn new things each and every day as get to meet with new faces everyday.

Pros

Training was also great, free lunches, buffet.

Cons

u work smart.

Professional work environment

Excellent management team, team work is encouraged. Internal processes need to be re-evaluated and improved. Reaching targets through all odds made the job tedious. Flexible hours and servicing or advising clients on a daily basis made the job enjoyable.

Pros

Flexible working hours, field work, employee benefits

Cons

not being paid if targets are not meet.

it's a fun place to work for

it's a fun place to work for and there's great opportunities and the culture is good.However there isn't enough room for growth.

lots of opportunities to grow

very flexible hours great salary opportunities, management is very supportive. hardest part is finding your feet in terms of a stable client base. i find working for old mutual can open a lot of doors if you can start on a good client base

Really great company to work at.

Old Mutual is a very productive company to work for, it has great incentives as well as employee development structures. Although their management structure needs to be worked on.

Pros

Salary increases

Cons

No overtime

productive fun and very informational

Good working environment, very energised ,funb to hang around, professional at all times, respective , the company thought me more good customer service and servicing clients on how to communicate with them professionally and dealing with work pressure especially on reaching daily targets and pushing beyond boundaries especially in making sure that clients care happy and assisted at all time ,time management and well grooming in respecting other people not only as clients ,but also as family in understanding their needs at all times and .asking sure you deliver good service.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

fun but management are so cold hearts

Working hear was funny but management are something else they Will like you only the week that you reach ur target if u don't the following week they can even shout at u, no it was traumatizing and boring and they ask some of employees to spy on other not health environment at all Old Mutual RMM.

Pros

Cons

flexible

Productive and fun working place

Working in Old Mutual is fun yet one learns a lot in terms of managing finances, very challenging, have very supporting managers, surrounded by friendly colleagues, hardest part would b finding new clients, most enjoyable is when we have events

Pros

Events/functions

Cons

finding new clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 589 reviews