Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Johannesburg, Gauteng96 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 96 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 589 reviews

Productive and friendly wworkplace.

For me everything was fine, competitive challenging and manageable. ILove challenge and I'm super productive in everything I do and I am always willing to learn more.

Financial Services

One of the big financial services comapnies, under the ministry finance and responsible for pensions administration

Good environment

Securing appiontments,overseeing sales staff under me and seeing clients and securing deals.Meeting new people everyday and own time management

Pros

Healthy environment

Cons

Clawbacks on bussiness

There are no job growth structures in place

Old Mutual is an entity that operates from a disparagement portfolio, where overall processes are concentrated to an individual line manager thus reducing independence, job satisfaction and frustrating growth. There is no clear-cut job advancement and security, because the remuneration structure is purely commission based. The job culture is also unclear because of the style of management.

Pros

the training is profitable, yes.

Cons

There tends to be favouritism

productive,chalenging

the biggest South African insurance company,working for the intelligence unit was exciting and profitable for me,learn things you don't see in the university books

On a typical day at work, My colleagues and I try to have fun as much as possible while pushing our targets. Fun work environment

I personally like to grow and develop my knowledge by going an extra mile with my job, for example doing my team leaders job when they are not around just to gain more experience in my field of work.

Pros

Rewards

Cons

Long Hours

Fun workplace, but challenges in terms of income are present

Been with Old mutual for over 5 years broken service. Excellent company to work for. As a financial adviser, your monthly income is hugely dependent on whether your clients are loyal to their premiums. No amount of screening or background checks can prepare you for if and when a client suffers financially. Once their income is affected, their premiums to policies suffer. Once this happens , my income suffers. No matter how hard i push myself and no matter how hard i work at my job, my income never displays my effort. Its heart breaking and frustrating. I therefore need more stability in terms of income

Pros

Environment

Cons

Income

very fun and stressful at the same time

i need to plan my day effectively, manage my time efficiently and make appointments and meet them in time. i need to be self motivated because of the pressure that comes with the job. i have to report figures to manager everyday.The hardest part of the job is meeting your weekly budget and the most enjoyable part of the job is helping/ advising customers of what they need after doing a financial analysis.

Pros

you are not based in the office

Cons

the work is very stressful

Productive work enviroment.

-My typical work day starts at 7 and finishes at 5,with a 45 minute lunch inbetween.Its normally very busy the first 10 working days of the month.After deadlines are met its normally quiet only with queries from the CFO and other users of financial information.

Productive & Fun

Explain to individuals and groups the details of financial assistance available to college and university students, such as loans, grants, and scholarships. Guide clients in the gathering of information such as bank account records, income tax returns, life and disability insurance records, pension plan information, and wills. Recommend strategies clients can use to achieve their financial goals and objectives, including specific recommendations in such areas as cash management, insurance coverage, and investment planning Analyze financial information obtained from clients to determine strategies for meeting clients' financial objectives. Contact clients' creditors to arrange for payment adjustments so that payments are feasible for clients and agreeable to creditors.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Clawbacks

I would seek new business and rendr financial advise to clients. I ould to cold calling and make appiontments. Offer clients life cover, investment etc.

Pros

best commision

Cons

flied worker

Room for creativity

Great company to work for if one follows a Financial Planning career. Allows one to gain and polish customer relationship skills. Allows self management. The hardest part of the job is one cannot afford to take long leave (eg 30days) because of its pay structure which is a commission based one. This job allows one to study and uplift yourself academically because there is potential for lots of time availability.

Pros

Plenty of benefits

Cons

Remuneration structure does not benefit one during time of sickness or leave.

Fun and disciplined environment

My typical day: - Reports - Listen and retrieve calls - System testing - Collaborate with Managers and Team leaders - Coaching of staff members - Assisting with quality and system related queries. -Conduct adhoc audits. I have learned how to deal with different types of people, and how to manage my time. The hardest part of my job is to ensure that all tasks are completed. The most enjoyable part of my job is the transfer of knowledge that I have gained through working with different caliber of people. My management is highly supportive and my co-workers are hard working.

Pros

The fun work environment

job culture

i have learned not to give up in life and not to be discouraged to communicate well and in a respectfull manner

Pros

flexeble working hours

Cons

always on the road

A good company to work for

Old Mutual was forcing us to sell only Old Mutual products despite clients looking for something different and that was a source of my frustration with the company.

Pros

A well known company

Cons

Old generation products will always be problematic on this dynamic industry

Productive and fun.

Working for old mutual was a privilege. I learnd lot of things and I have learned how to work with different people and how to treat my customers. my co -worker we worked well as a team and do all the team task. the hardest part of my job was not getting business daily. its hard if you dont get any client. the most enjoyable part is when we all reach or achieve our target as well as branch target.

Pros

team building

stressful workplace but fun

you never had time to be at work, as long as you do submit your weekly business. You have to persevere and care for the clients. The management was somehow divided into groups, my manager was supportive in every aspect. She was not only a manager but a leader. What a team of a group we had, we were always supportive of each other and helpful of one another. The hardest part is closing a difficult deal, you have to have patient because it is difficult to crack a nut, but if you have a tool and technique then you would achieve. I enjoyed workshops and trainings and travelling to long distances to get clients. The year end functions

Pros

team lunches every fraidays

Cons

Fun and productive place to work

I was always on the road thus time management was key. working with 15 people with different personality required a lot of patience from me. In a team of 6 consultant team work is essential, we worked hard everyday sharing ideas of what works in the field.

Cons

productive and fun place to work for

This is a very good company to work for it enquires you to build your own practice within the group of Old Mutual as a financial advisor and offer alot of learning projects to better ones skills and knowledge within the industry , love working with management offer a ope door policy for personal or business matters , my hardest part was getting used to cold calling and leads sourcing to create sales but in the end i loved it and still do. most enjoyable ia meeting new people and learning new skills dailly

Pros

meeting alot of new people in different levels

Cons

commission claw backs

Excellent job for client.

IN the morning will come in start arranging client file and scanning them, then later will start with typing document that need to be typed, then fax document that need to be faxed. while I was working in old mutual I learned that good communication with your co worker or client brings good reputation to the company. my co workers made me feel welcomed at work because there were there for me when I needed them. the hardest part of my job was scanning the document of client. I enjoyed arranging the file and typing document and answering the phone

Pros

Curry rice and stew beef and if you do not eat beef then chicken

Cons

9Am to 7pm

Productive and Pressurised

The job was very varied and pressurised which I really enjoy. I learnt to acknolwedge the difference in cultures and got along with all staff and management. At Old Mutual change was happening all the time so it was a permanent learning curve.

Pros

Changing and learning enviroment

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 589 reviews