Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Johannesburg, Gauteng96 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 96 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 589 reviews

Productive and friendly wworkplace.

For me everything was fine, competitive challenging and manageable. ILove challenge and I'm super productive in everything I do and I am always willing to learn more.

The company is excellent when it comes to customer service

I had a client that missed 2 premiums and Her Mother passed away. She called me crying like a baby and I had to cancel the appointments for the day and attend Her. I took her personally to our offices with her documents. When She was told that the money will be available in 48 hours in her account She couldn't believe, She was very happy and I got many clients from Her family because of the service we provided. I have learned that dealing with clients direct will always hold you accountable for the promises you give them. Management assisted to the client and co-operated that a client felt so special. the hardest part it was to deal with her emotions (crying during the process). What I enjoyed most is that She has little faith in Us and that we received more business from Her family and co-workers

Good

Enjoyed all aspects. Had a great Team. Serviced Old Mutual Bank Branches Reported to Cape Town whilst in Johannesburg

Canvassing for new clients Hard work always pays off Lots of interaction with management Helpfull and fun co-workers People being negative is the hardest part Positive reactions is the most enjoyable part

Productivity

We start up the day with a short morning meeting to reflect on whet has happened the previous day (Both good and Bad) We then plan for the day ahed with the team. The management style and structure is ok, and I learn a lot from my team and my peers on a daily basis. Due to the fact that we share our experiences, then we get to try diffrent techniques that gives us a chance to properly develop a strategy that works for us. The hardest thing that I had to do was to dismiss a person due to non-performance. Being able to meet our targets and most importantley seeing my team members (consultants) grow and climb the cooporate ladder (also stepping into management roles)

Cons

Personal life suffers as the office is too far, I travell avaragley over 80km from home to work

Diverse

Its a relaxed environment, no pressure at all. I have learned to be more decisive and go after what I want. My colleagues are very good people. The hardest thing abot the job is trying to fit in with team itself. What I enjoy about the place is willingness to grow attitude you receive.

Pros

offers additional learning

Cons

no clear demarcation of authority

Practice Customer first and employee recognition

My jobs is exciting as its more of customer serice and I really enjoy working with people.My ability to resolve what could be the hardest or difficult situation and I have a very good attitude at work and knowing what I get paid for.

Pros

sites visits to clients

Cons

being patient with end members

productive and fun working enviroment

Is just like any other job with it's challenges. Were i must go out and look for clients to take policies. It is a very interesting job because i get to meet with different people everyday and learn more about human behaviour, when it comes to management it's not that bad at all because everyone is doing their job. It's not easy convincing people to buy products we offer because of the worlds recession, so it can get a bit challenging at times in this industry.

Pros

having to meet different people everyday, it's what i love about this job.

Cons

the increase in day to day living expenses, it's extremley challenging in this industry.

Good training from the company.

Independent Broker Sales and Marketing of Assurance, Insurance, Estate Planning, Retirement Planning,Investment Planning, Key- Man Assurance, Buy and sell Agreements. Management of own practice and processing claims.

Networking

The part I enjoy the most about working in Old Mutual is meeting new people, I get to meet at least two people everyday from different ethnical groups, cultures, industries and beliefs. This has allowed me to learn a lot on how individuals differ and also how to interact with people better. I have been able to build a solid network of professionals around me whom I respect dearly and who appreciate my advise as a Financial Advisor.

Pros

great teamwork

Cons

cold calling

Productive, exciting, challenging work space

Emails take a lot of my time, but they are an effective way of communication. As a sales manager I look after a team of 11, looking to increase it to 17. I also do financial planning for clients in the higher income / net worth space. We have a good management team and our co-workers are multi-cultural and very pleasant. The hardest part of my job is time management and prioritising my work. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with clients and my team and applying my knowledge to financial planning.

Pros

flexibility of time and working for a company with a solid brand

Cons

too much paperwork and admin.

fun enviroment to be working at

In the morning i report to the office and make appointments with clients and go see them based on their profile when i get there i advise the client on his/her finances. The hardest part of the job was only that appointments will be far apart getting to client in time. The fun part of the job is that you can work more hours and make more money

Pros

bonus

Nice Environtment

I work flexi hours.so i can be at for any amount of time, sometimes i am at the office for 12 hours straight. I make calls and talk to clients,set appointments and submit my business. There is a lot of administration to be bdone so that takes time.I have learnt to be self disciplined in such an environment. I have learnt to work hard even though you do not get much paid,but you do it because is exciting and fun. I work with freindly people. Ladies do not seem to last in this job , so i work with a lot of men. You find very serious people and you find those playful ones. The hardest part is to cold call someone you do not know, not knowing what is going to be their responce. You might put in too much time on a client that are not going to buy or are going to dissapoint you at the end after you have spent time and money trying to help and/sell to the client. It is enjoyable when you get a good business from a good client,who does not cost you too much money and time, who are honest and keep the business running.

Pros

flexible, fun and exciting when you have good clients.

Cons

bad clients who lapse thier policies, drop you when you had spent so much on them, and the business (old mutual)has to claw back the commission that they have given to you.

Productive and fun workplace

-flexibilty at work place-i have learned how to work with people and to advise them with their finances-Management highly supportive- Colleagues are very much understanding to each other.-The hardest part for this job is the clawbacks and their commission structure.-Achievements we get ,recognitions and support

Cons

flexible hrs

no growth but a lovely company to work for

The salary n benefits are great but there is no growth. Developments educationally it is available, management need to be restructured.

Pros

bonuses

Cons

working on saturdays

it was a great experience to work there

working at the company was greatas i was fairly treated but they had to take few people for a permanent job and unfortunatly i was not part of that people

Pros

good working conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 589 reviews