Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal

They are the ones of thee best insurance company around South Africa and it is fun to work with the since they got many activities that includes the employees
Cons
Old mutual need to stick on using advisors to sell products and do claims, not OMF people to do advisors job as they are not trained to do so because that causes problems like clients not getting paid on time, or not paid at all.
Do not be fooled by the sweet talking and smooth words. There's a lot of sugar coating to convince interviewees to take the position. There's a lot of competition and the commission structure is less than appealing. The incentives were literally a chocolate bar and little bottle of coke. The training facilities are the only exciting part of working for Old Mutual.
At first the experience was very good but as soon as the manager changed to a different one, that is when I felt the pressure and started not to like it, because the new manager changed everything
Old Mutual is one on the best companies to for. The reason I would like to apply for a job in another company is that to grow myself. I have no more growth in Old Mutual.
Pros
Pension Fund
Cons
Myself development
setting up appointments, i enjoyed meetings and outings, hardest part of the job was signing up clients. the people i worked with where very helpful, management is all to themselves
Cons
I am a person who like to go extra mile,I use to commit myself at work making sure of doing marketing,making my monthly targets all times,I'm good in time management ,fast in learning and typing,listening to other people I have respect
Pros
No free lunchies but putting extra effort when it comes to business
Cons
Yes long hours if clients are still available
Its a very exciting industry, full of opportunities. It is very stressful as you constantly under pressure. Management is good at their job. hardest part of the Job is Targets and dealing with clients cancelling their policies. Most Enjoyable part of the job is Meeting new people and make peoples dreams come true.
working at old mutual is really different because you are your one boss the harder you work the better you get paid. You have a lot of freedom to do as you please plus the management is very helpful always pushing you to reach new leaves.
Pros
work your own hours
Cons
no basic salary
The only down side to my job is that very low salary, it's below the minimum wage yet I'm a recruiting admin and secretary to a Development Manager. There are also no company benefits.Hence they say we are private secretaries and not on Old Mutual's payroll but we do Old Mutual work.
Pros
Time management
Cons
Short hours
Gettin cleints to take a policy and advise the the right way. working under pressure and dealing with cancellations the work place was fun getting cleint to sign up and keeping the policy was the hardest
Pros
fun work place
Cons
commision
I had a lack of a work challenge My work ethic made for an ostracizing from co-workers whom were happy to sit on there phones all day and accumulate files on there desk to "look busy" Extra time worked and effort put into organising was not achknowledged
You work for money you'll never see, for the first two years. You better off in a fully commission job if you well off in being a financial adviser...
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Making targets to get a salary.
If you're interested in insurance in the long run, then Old Mutual is the place for you. If you're interested in getting involved in making money for yourself as you grow in the world of business, then you should consider getting involved in insurance.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Long Hours
Commission based very exciting meeting new clients everyday and guiding them thru their portfolios and helping them to reach their goals and vision. Its target orientated and could get very stressful .
Pros
working hours are flexible
Cons
commission only
learnt a lot about client services and building relatsionships. I also did lots of assessments so development was huge. Computer systems and ways of submitting business as great to learn. Time management also was vital as you were free and if not responsible can really be a disadvantage.
Pros
Attending special launces and Team Buildings.
It was not always easy to find clients. You have to be determined and focused in order to succeed in this job. Most of all believe in yourself and be patient.
Pros
free petrol
Cons
long hours were optional
It was hard sales, first thing is to report in the office for duty. Look at my daily plan and confirm appointments and then get ready to go out and make presentations if any. Presentations and to close sales Good management and teamwork is encouraged. The hardest part is when one makes a presentation and fails to close a sale. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people on a daily basis.
Pros
Bonuses and recognition
Cons
Working round the clock to make sales
It was a good opportunity for me I learned a lot of things and I achieved a lot but it was a job that you can not guarantee your future
Pros
weekl braais, weekends holidays, awards feast
Cons
standard working hour
Company was very accommodating however contract offered was unreasonable. Many opportunities to expand and work towards accreditation. Good staff environment
very friendly working environment. training was provided regarding various aspects of Life cover. Management - friendly and always assisting. Continuous coaching. co- workers always assisting, with a friendly personality. Most difficult part of job is to strive, and to ensure persistency in sales. Working in our teams. learning something new every day. Very enthusiastic, motivated always aiming to achieve.
Pros
team building, setting appointments with various organisations on a monthly basis, doing something little to make the day a memorable one for all
Cons
should you not achieve target, no basic salary