Old Mutual Life Assurance Company logo
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Pinelands, Western Cape

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 126 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 485 reviews

Productive and fun work place

Well, working at Old Mutual was the best thing ever for me. I really wished that I'd grow in the company and be the better person I've ever wished to be. Even though it was a working place, it was a fun place to be at. Old Mutual is a work place where every individual would really want to be part of. It does not matter which department is.The incentives were quite impressive, motivating an individual about his /her duties as and employee at Old Mutual.Financial freedom is another thing. You become fancial free. Because you set your own targets there for the amount of money you'd like to earn as an individual. You become more as a self employed person.Honestly speaking, I had a great time working there. Not even a single day I'd ever regret it waking up and going to the building in Pinelands, every day. It was awesome. The food in the canteens was also great. That I can never forget too. Safe environment to work at. Never had any system issues. Everything was of a professional experience. Salaries were always paid on time.

Pros

Reasonably working hours

Cons

Enough break intervals

Not what I expected

Try to avoid this place unless you ok with slow boring work and management who are not clued up or strategic or understand the full need. For a senior position, I sat around a lot with no clear direction

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Bad management

Great place to work for when seeking growth

Old mutual is a great company to work for, they invest in their staff and their growth. They also care about their staff's well being Very concerned and considerate management

Pros

They invest and you grow in the company

Cons

It takes time to get permanent

Very professional and yet relaxed atmosphere

I enjoyed working at Old Mutual a lot. The environment was very relaxed yet fast paced as well. Teamwork was great and management very involved and helpful. The only problem is that most positions are contract positions and becoming permanent is not easy.

productive and relaxed workplace

A company that cares about its employees. There is always time to work and a time to play. The company makes sure that the working environment is pleasant for all.

Diverse fun place to work

Large financial services company with a diverse workforce. Employment experience very pleasant and find it to be a very collaborative environment. Search for new ideas and new ways of working encouraged.

An established Corporate

Old Mutual is what you would expect from a large corporation. Good management structures in place and have been for a long time. At times it may become to feel as if you're just another number and it can be tricky to work your way up to higher positions as the senior staff members have been around for a long time

Productive and challenging

Many objective and little time to achieve. Precise planning required each day. A collaborate effectively with other staff/ departments. learning experiences about the pension fund act and the financial sector. Learnt about the new policies such as Money laundering, TCF and PPI. Management are always looking to safe cost and practice LEAN principles and exercise authority when required. The culture is generally a productive, fun and self management culture. The hard part of the job is to perform multiple tasks of other ex-employees without extra remuneration. The best part of the job is to work hard, catch up with your work and to be rewarded with a nomination and cash incentives.

awesome place to grow

great place to work with people and many more.. Management though, no job security and lack of respect for employees, and what the employees put in for them.

good place to settle

you need to work your way up in order to actually really benefit. sometimes its about who you know that can get you that position you craving so badly.

Pros

bonus

Cons

not flexible with hours

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company?

Laid back environment

Need to be self-driven individual Can be stressful Enjoyed interacting with clients (intermediaries, service consultants etc) Great relation with Mgt

Pros

Flextime

Cons

Salary not match the skill

Working with a team makes the Job easy, Management they are very understanding when it comes to the employees, they listen to employees opinion about business plans, they motivate the employees all the time. Provide us with trainings to have more understanding of what we offering clients, and give some incentives like Sparkfolio to motivate us reach our business targets

Pros

Sparkfolios

Cons

Targrts

Large Coporate environment with usual checks and balances

Major Corporate IT Organisation busy with a rebuild and refactoring. Causing some discomfort in the staff ranks. The transition will take several years but seems correctly directed. Many projects that sometimes overlap. Business-As-Usual resources are already stretched and struggle to give time to project work causing delay and further frustration

productive

I have learnt alot from the past 2 years i ahve worked for Old Mutual. I love the organisation culture and organisational climate there, it is easy ti adapt.

Good

working there was nice, you are an actual employee and not just a number. You get recognition for doing well which is what most companies fail to do.

Working as a team, fun

Always had fun with my marketing team. Customer care - making sure that customer enjoys their experience at an event. Expos - hardest part making sure all parts of project are completed

Wonderful company to work for

Would recommend old mutual to friends and family. From a personal perspective I want to grow in my career and go beyond my goals. Working hard to create my own opportunity.

Room for growth. Supportive management and good values .

Room for growth. Supportive management and good values in place. The people that are recruited are of a high callibre and professional and ethical. Standards are very high, so you are assured of working with the best in terms of personalities and educational background.

Productive and fun

From beginning to end of day there is a buzz. A hive of activity that makes one know that we are in the business of satisfying clients. I've learned a wealth of knowledge as Mutual was my first admin job. Management is of the best I've worked with. Work culture was an important aspect of being an employee as dedication, commitment, professionalism and quality was primary. Sheer volume against the targets set. Learning and growing in the RFA EB business.

productive and competitive work place

Target driven and competitive environment. Lots of team building and competitions. You are taught self control and to have patience as well as inter personal skills. You have to problem solve on a daily basis and know how to retain a client. Open communication as well as honesty will take you far, whether that be dealing with a difficult personality or understanding the systems. Every other month you are given tests on legislation and etiquette that helps conduct and regulate the insurance/ financial sector. The best part of the job is the perks and rewards you get for your hard work and meeting targets. The hardest part of the job is understanding how to navigate through all the systems and understanding your products and how they differ. The most challenging is dealing with a client on a bad day and not letting that ruin your day.

a fun working environment

it was wonderful working with the company wouldn't mind going back ..Outbound Call Center, confirming employment and pay dates. Confirming pay dates with HR, Capture the Information on the companies’ system, Reaching Daily targets, Sending and Receiving emails, Capturing information excel, calling out on Matrices Systems used Summit, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Q metrics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,0