Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape

Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape35 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 35 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 536 reviews

No place for mistakes, accurate and on the ball at all times. Nice work ethic and culture

Management was professional and utmost helpful. Any problems was sorted quick and efficient. Client advise based on professional knowledge. A great company to work for.

Poor remuneration structure and horrible management

The remuneration structure is beyond pathetic and will leave you without money for many months. Targets rise and eventually become unattainable. Rules will be changed at a whim, even if they will negatively affect your pay. Company will also refuse to pay at every opportunity they get. Managers are under pressure to meet their own targets and will at times push you to resign for their own benefit. I would not recommend this company to anyone who cherishes their mental health

Pros

Medical aid training

Cons

Pathetic remuneration structure Poor management unpaid in certain months

Old mutual is a great stepping stone for people with no experience of sales

It's a nice environment Stressing sales You need to make sure you are good and tolerant of rude clients and management, racism is too much need be careful if you are black

good

Love working with people and meet dayly targets. With good bisnis idees stop orders deppede orders with is affordable for customers to pay on a month to month

N/a

It is a very busy environment, as making targets ain't easy but i was not happy with the way management handled other situations in regards of putting company first before employees and not taking care of the employee's well being.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

It's competitive

To me old mutual is the best company I've ever worked for, but you need to cope with pressure because it's sales, and I've learned to deal with different type of people from different background

Challanging

Old mutual was a great entrance into the sales environment for me as an individual. It was my first sales job so working towards targets was very challenging. Old mutual had enough resources for me to engage in the competitive environment.

Pros

Great Training

Cons

Challenging targets

Productive and fun

Working at old Mutual for me was a life changing experience. It was my first time working in the sales industry and you can only imagine how intense it was for me to try to reach targets and all. The great thing is that all resources were given to me so i had the opportunity to excel without any hiccups from their end.

Old mutual is a good company that empower employees that are willing to be empowered.. They have a humanity culture

Its good to work for old mutual. If they can not put tooo much pressure and treat employees to fire them And another thing they employ inexperienced advisor and pay them more salary tgan experience advisors.At client service there must be a booth number that is special for the advisors to do their claims Coz when we want to claim they treat us like clients we must stay on the Queue queue the queue

Time for family very limited as one works 6 days per week starting from 8 till 6pm.

Managing staff and sell loans to community that is not affording to pay the money back. having to sell to an area where people are not employed and un-employment rate that is very high. This put stress to my staff as sales were not easy to do.

You get out what you put in

The Financial Services Industry is a tough, competitive and selfish industry where the focus is on sales although the environment is highly regulated. Large corporations often promote from within and it is extremely difficult to move up in the company regardless of performance. If you are looking for earning potential then the insurance industry delivers but only if you are prepared to put in the long hours and years required to promote yourself and build yourself up in the industry.

Fun work place and Productive

Productive, fun and stressfull at the same time. I have learned how to work under pressure and in a team. I have learned how to manage time, learned many ways of handling challenges, and leadership skills as well. The hardest part about the job is to meet the target and keeping your thousands of clients in your books. The enjoyable part are outings, the functions and team outings.

Pros

Free Lunches and SNT

Fun

Get to office have a start up meeting, after meeting play uplifting meeting, pray and bless the day ahead then we start our day by servicing our clien

Good Experience

Recruitmment of new financil advisors for old Mutual. Conducting initial interviews, taking candidated s from start to finish in the application process. Drafting contracts, posting job adverts, etc.

Pros

Free lunch

Productive and Fun

Use of Innovation and initiative Communication Assertive Self motivated Organized Dedicated Time Management Attention to detail Customer Orientated

Pros

Free lunches

Pleasant co workers/peers

Stressful environment. Immense pressure to reach targets and made to feel incompetent if you don't. Many factors are beyond your control. The first 2 years you are given a target to reach and if you reach it you get a salary. After that the basic falls away which can leave you for months without an income as you are penalised for policies that fall off books. My peers where a pleasure to work with.

Pros

Cons

not getting paid. no basic compensation for cancelled policies

Great job , but...

Amazing place to work for, great environment for sales driven individuals . However I do believe the pay system is flawed as your salary is entirely based on if an individual pays his or her policy ( even 2 years later )

Pros

Great Benefits, Flexible hours, no cap on earning abilities

Cons

No security regarding monthly pay

Enjoyed the Job

Job dealing with disgruntled brokers and clients, sorting out discrepencies and ensuring a mutual beneficial outcome. Job satisfaction was key and thoroughly beneficial at the end of the day when we have happy clients and brokers.

Pros

The feeling of a positive outcome.

Cons

Not being able to always be able to help.

Wonderful Work Environment

I loved every moment working for Old Mutual, my Manager was amazing and the team culture and award system was amazing. I was heartbroken when we had to relocate and i was left to resign. Amazing company that I would reccommend for anyone and still activiely referring possible recruits to.

Pros

Great Team Culture, Award incentives

great opportunity for me to express my capabilities due to my challenges

My typical day woul be assisting office administator and sales manager with filling, scan,fax,email,print,service printer with toner and paper jam,assist field finance advisers with softawe system access available only at the offices to view client portfolios,call clients to improve persistency and reduce NTU of the branch , attend to walk-ins clients and assist with payment of policies update ,assist with stop the clock updates

Pros

good teamwork experienced

Cons

not enough opportunities to develop

Summary

Old Mutual is a very professional company. I just do not agree with the commission structure.They give excellent sales training and they are very proffesional.

Pros

Medical Aid

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 536 reviews