Old Mutual Life Assurance Company logo

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Sandton, Gauteng

3,7
Work-Life Balance

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 485 reviews

It is a good company with good work ethics

Talent management and opportunities. There are so many opportunities and good values. The management is very supportive to employees and value customers

stressful and verry competitive

its a stressful and competitive work environment as it involved gaining and satisfying customer needs. the hard part about the job is to get and retain clients. The remuneration model is bad

It was amazing working for old mutual, the environment and the people.

I enjoyed working for old mutual, it was like home to me. I met the most amazing people in my team and other teams. I learned so much about my job, working with other people and myself. It was my first real job. I was on contract unfortunately so my stay was very short. Given a chance I'd go back and on a permanent basis this time.

I learnt that what you put in is what you get out. Hard work pays off.

A day in the office for me was unpleasant the people that work there are not friendly and are more worried about looking cool than making money. I didn’t fit in nor want to fit in to the culture. The management is helpful but also rude and inconsiderate. I have my reasons for saying these things.

A Great company to work for

the culture and department atmosphere were very friendly, everyone respects and assist each other where help is needed, training i can rate it 500/100, management is also helpful, motivate junior employees and prepare them for growth

Pros

free drinks fridays only

Cons

flexible

my first big company in RSA

chalenge for me....had to go around to achive my goals...this company wasnt my best of choice but i had to start from somewhere so i took the position...

Pros

clean and classy offices

Cons

all the perks

Good and stable environment

It's a good company to work for, environment a bit formal. Workings hours can be flexible depending on the role Traditional old management style - top to bottom approach

Fun and productive workplace

Overall nice environment... The culture, their values, support structures and their management is all things that made an individual like myself look forward to bring at work in a daily basis

Best Products, Poor management

A company that listens to their staff is a company Destined for success. This is something I live by. Its the boots on the ground that has the best information not the heads in the sky. How often does a company want to take on new challenges and want to achieve new goals. Without the information from the men and woman that will make that happen. How can you achieve these goals? With that said. One of the best places to learn what to do and what not to do if you want to build a career in this industry. The best products in my opinion in the industry. Working their you feel in some way part of a family and in some way if your not a achiever un important. With a new CEO in time will tell if things will change. But knowing this CEO things can most possibly do so.

Pros

Great products

Cons

Mismanagement

Great compay to work for

very good wrt work / life balance , i worked on contract so cannot comment on a permanent position. i was treated well and engaged with senior management

Professional and productive company

Secured my life in every area, good opportunities offered, able to learn, grow and study.bright future.You get to study and apply for new positions within the company. Getting the benefit of joining insurances offered by the company.

Pros

Free lunches, free lunch meetings

Cons

Long hour but beneficial

Well the job demands a lot.

Honestly it is very tiring and it really needs a lot of work with selling skills and the ability to work odd hours. The work is rewarding if you give yourself time to get the clients and work odd hours.

Pros

Rewarding with hard work

Cons

Long hours and patience working with people

Fun Place and Productive

Most times we are not in the office as we setup appointments on Friday for the whole week. I learned time management is crucial in the business and how to interact with people from different ethnicity. The hardest part of the job was having to compromise on family time to see clients after hours then you end up feeling as if youre neglecting your children's homework and the child having to sleep late you come home late everyday I enjoyed the fruits of my handwork and working with people

Pros

Managing yourself

Cons

working hours

I have learned to manage my time well as I started working as a Financial Advisor and working under pressure making sure that I deliver to the best of my ability by pushing beyond boundaries making sure that I reach my targets. Team leading as my manager always gave us weekly tasks to assist other team members and making sure that they are meeting what is expected of them. Discipline as our job was flexible but at the same time we had to make sure that our time we spend wisely. Compliance is critical as we had to make sure clients provide necessary documents and we have to build a healthy relationship with our clients and giving proper advise disclosing every information that is relevant to the clients. Mentoring from established advisors training to make sure that we are competent in front of our clients and confident, making sure that we know our products.

Pros

Team Buildings. Training

Cons

Too many meetings.

Productive and fun working environment

Old Mutual is a good company, it allows their employees to grow and afvance. Opportunities are available and open to everyone ans any one with the company.

Pros

Rewards, benefits to full-time staff

Cons

Short breaks and legacy issues

Felxible

I have learned much and acquired many skills within the financial and insurance field. Management is always motivating staff. The Co-workers are friendly, competitive and always lending a helping hand. The hardest part is that the position is strictly sales and target driven. The biggest downfall is that the position is commission + target based, therefore if an employee doesn't reach their target, they do not get a salary, zero!

Pros

Flexible hours are always a perk.

Cons

There is no Job and Salary guarantee - Employees are disposable.

always dealing with clients. learned the importance of how to manage your financial objectives and the importance of taking care of yourself and loved ones( death, education PLAN, retirement annuity, etc.)

Great Place to work

I have loved working at Old Mutual. I have flexible hours and reporting to an amazing manager. I love working for her and with her team as well, they are a great group of people. Amazing work colleagues. Never once in the almost 2 years at OM have I dreaded going to work. The culture at OM is great. There is definitely room for improvement especially on salaries, but I have no regrets about having made the choice to leave my previous employer to join OM and leaving was one of the most difficult decision I have ever had to make. But I had a better offer (moneywise and growth wise) from other company.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No growth and though salaries are fair, they could do better

Productive, interesting people and cultures, high work ethics , a fun place

I have daily meetings which I attend at the office. The rest of my day is visiting clients or prospecting clients. we learnt about financial wellness and how we can adapt to help out clients. The management is brilliant in the sense of coaching about personal and work related topics. Management is always willing to help their staff out. Co-workers are supportive but its a target driven environment so competition is a lot. the hardest part of the job is finding clientele. the most enjoyable part is the feeling of accomplishment when you help someone achieve their financial goal/need.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

Target base salary pay

Professional and Dedicated workplace

The typical day of work would be to carry out personal tasks of my manager. I learned skills in communication, organisation and discipline in the workplace. Co-workers and management are always friendly while maintaining professionalism and a great work ethic. The most difficult part of the job for me would be time management in managing the tasks at hand and the most enjoyable part would be meeting and learning from established and accomplished figures in the business world of Johannesburg.

Pros

Lively and productive environment

Cons

Intense workload

Productive and great place

I was dealing with senior management of Bank Brokerages and with service managers of Old Mutual head office, such as underwriting and commissions. Attending monthly service feedback meetings, improving work processes and introducing into bank brokerages.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,0