Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Typical day at work is going through emails. What i have learned is to check if clients details are correct & that feedback needs to be provided weekly. Management was great. The workplace culture is diverse. The hardest part is keeping the finacial advisors clients happy with old mutuals slow staff
This is a fantastic company to work for however there is a lot of competition in the insurance industry therefore business fluctuates very often as there is no set clients.
Pros
Trading Hours
Cons
Salary & Benefits
I learn how to communicate with clients. the management is good. the employees they are flexible. I enjoy my work and the experience get at old mutual is related to my National Diploma. I enjoy working at old mutual
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Old Mutual is a stunning, giant of a company to work for. It won the award for the best company to work for 5 years in a row this year. They treat staff well and the mix of people working here is extremely knowledgeable.
Pros
We have a strong commitment to "culture fit", and the difference is noticeable during stressful times, staff "gel" very well
A typical day at work as far as administration is concerned. The management team can be helpful at times. They are not always available. I have learnt that a heart for people is at the centre of any human interactive career. I have also learnt how to be more financially savy in my own life and the importance of having a financial plan The hardest part of this job was having a client put in a death claim. Her grandchild was stillborn.. heartbreaking. Helping people is the reward of this job. Helping people to be financially free to what they need to and what they have always wanted to do.
Hardest part of this job is time management and dealing with a diverse culture. Time management is crucial because it takes time dealing with a client and capturing his/her information on the system, you cannot stay on one client long hours because there is a deadline to be met, time management skills must be aquired for this! Management is good, encouraging in someway, ethical too. I love working with my co-workers hence they are friendly, helpfull and enjoy engaging into fun actitvities over fridays just to keep the work pressure off.
Pros
working with people
Cons
long hours and hard work