Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Administrator

Administrator45 reviews
South Africa45 reviews
An established Corporate
Old Mutual is what you would expect from a large corporation. Good management structures in place and have been for a long time. At times it may become to feel as if you're just another number and it can be tricky to work your way up to higher positions as the senior staff members have been around for a long time
Productive and challenging
Many objective and little time to achieve. Precise planning required each day. A collaborate effectively with other staff/ departments. learning experiences about the pension fund act and the financial sector. Learnt about the new policies such as Money laundering, TCF and PPI.
Management are always looking to safe cost and practice LEAN principles and exercise authority when required. The culture is generally a productive, fun and self management culture.

The hard part of the job is to perform multiple tasks of other ex-employees without extra remuneration.

The best part of the job is to work hard, catch up with your work and to be rewarded with a nomination and cash incentives.
good place to settle
you need to work your way up in order to actually really benefit. sometimes its about who you know that can get you that position you craving so badly.
Pros
bonus
Cons
not flexible with hours
it was okay
At first the experience was very good but as soon as the manager changed to a different one, that is when I felt the pressure and started not to like it, because the new manager changed everything
Productive and organized
Great culture with fantastic people. The Pinelands building is constantly upgrading to make everything convenient and as comfortable for staff as possible.
5,0
It was amazing working for old mutual, the environment and the people.
I enjoyed working for old mutual, it was like home to me. I met the most amazing people in my team and other teams. I learned so much about my job, working with other people and myself. It was my first real job. I was on contract unfortunately so my stay was very short. Given a chance I'd go back and on a permanent basis this time.
Very volatile environment
Old mutual is a great place to work at. Crunch time is crunch time and they take the variety if cultures very seriously. The company itself looks after their employees.
Pros
Recognition of employees
Prductive working environment
One of the best insurance companies in the world and will never disappoint when coming to short-term insurance. I will recommend. It is good working with Old Mutual due to their culture and how they do things.
I would say the employees are so calm and reliable.
Lovely learning experience
I sold various long term financial products and also did Retirement Fund Administration Old Mutual.

I dealt with outbound clients and cold calling on a daily basis.
4,0
Productive and great floor support from colleagues w.r.t on the job training
Requires an intellectual who isn't afraid of being vocal and going against the flow of the tide. Be eager. Take initiative but go about it in a manner that is withing the departmental process.
Pros
Transport home for late night overtime (also well compensated for overtime)
Check and balances
Methodical work that is characterised by many checks and balances that can not be omitted when capturing business, where if omitted will invalidate that business,
To me hardest part is to make all necessary checks and advising the right product is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
incentives
4,0
Full of diversity and hard workers
START AT 8AM AND FINISH AT 5PM.

Everyday there is something new and challenging.

They have taught me so much, of which mentioning a few that stood out, everyone is equal, and we work together as team to reach the top.

Our management is well equipped for their position and plays as our mentors when need be. They supportive and goes out of their way to accommodate and satisfy everyone.

The hardest part is not being recognized because there's so much going on.

The most enjoyable is our freebies and rewards. Early leaving. Our teambuilding and staff events.]
Pros
Lunch monies, Medical aid, Wellbeing support
Cons
Recognisition
What I learned
I learned how to communicate with people from different races and religions, and that made me a better person. The most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with different types of people all over South Africa via telephone.
Pros
Free lunch vouchers on Saturday shifts
Cons
Some team leaders do not have the proper interpersonal skills
productive and target driven
Very self developing environment where alot of development is encouraged as far as the business is regarded.Its also a very fun cultured yet driven environment
5,0
fun and cultured company to work for
Its a great company with great values. It's was only an houner to be an ambassador to such a brand. Integrity and honesty are one of the values they hold up high.
Pros
shares
Great working experience.
During my 5 year tenure in the UK, I had learnt so much and also adapted to a change in culture.

Being independent, responsible and meeting and working for "foreigners' seemed like a 5 year holiday.

Exposure to work-life balance was great, especially when working in a different city. I think its the best working experience ever.
1,0
Good work
Old mutual is a good company ever since I have been there, they are really welcoming, treating customers in a good menar, also I have gained a good experience from them because I was in a learnerships.
Pros
Free lunch
4,0
Productive and fun work place
Admin Clerk

I help walk in client.

Call the head office to follow up on disinvestment and claims.

New business tracking on system.

Capturing of new business cases.

General office duties.

Very friendly culture.

The hardest part of the job is where I have to leave at the end of the day.

The most enjoyable part is helping clients and capturing of cases.
Pros
There is alot of work to make the time fly
Cons
no lunch breaks
5,0
- When there is bad log, we compromise our lunch and knock of time to give productivity
- the importance of time management and to multitask

- very reliable and they appreciate the team

- very ethical

- The target is rounded off for the whole month
5,0
Productive and Fun work place.
It was when an angry client called in regarding her debit order that didn't go off from her account that she has with us.
I was still new in the team, I apologized to client on behalf of the Company and of the consultant who assisted her and I politely asked client to please stay on the line while I had to gather all the necessary information regards her query.

I learnt that if you stay calm all the time you will never go wrong.

I asked my colleagues for assistance and I got back to the client with all the full and positive feedback and client thanked me and I could hear that she was smiling.

My colleagues are so helpful because we work as a Team.

The hardest part of my job is only when I can't get hold of the client knowing that his/her accounts will fall behind if I don't confirm the information from client.

I enjoy every moment I spent in my work place, I feel at home because we respect and accommodate any culture within the company, we live our company values at Old Mutual.
5,0
fund administrator at old mutual
I enjoyed working as fund administrator because it had a lot of responsibility and was challenging. I was being recognised by my manager because I loved my job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 1 438 reviews