Old Mutual Life Assurance Company logo
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Administrator

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 48 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 485 reviews

If you can for Old mutual it depend how they value you then you will get good salary. You have to know someone for you to be endorsed to higher position

It is very fun at old mutual and the staff is very friendly

I enjoyed being part of old mutual family. It is like home to me. The environment is very good and they treat people well. Old mutual is the best company I ever worked for.

Pros

We were having free launches from the mananger

Cons

The hours were very good and reasonable

Productive and fun

Enjoyable company to work for. They car about your well being and take their employees into consideration in everything that they do. Pay is also fair

Pros

They care about you

Cons

Short breaks

Great place to work for when seeking growth

Old mutual is a great company to work for, they invest in their staff and their growth. They also care about their staff's well being Very concerned and considerate management

Pros

They invest and you grow in the company

Cons

It takes time to get permanent

An established Corporate

Old Mutual is what you would expect from a large corporation. Good management structures in place and have been for a long time. At times it may become to feel as if you're just another number and it can be tricky to work your way up to higher positions as the senior staff members have been around for a long time

Productive and challenging

Many objective and little time to achieve. Precise planning required each day. A collaborate effectively with other staff/ departments. learning experiences about the pension fund act and the financial sector. Learnt about the new policies such as Money laundering, TCF and PPI. Management are always looking to safe cost and practice LEAN principles and exercise authority when required. The culture is generally a productive, fun and self management culture. The hard part of the job is to perform multiple tasks of other ex-employees without extra remuneration. The best part of the job is to work hard, catch up with your work and to be rewarded with a nomination and cash incentives.

good place to settle

you need to work your way up in order to actually really benefit. sometimes its about who you know that can get you that position you craving so badly.

Pros

bonus

Cons

not flexible with hours

it was okay

At first the experience was very good but as soon as the manager changed to a different one, that is when I felt the pressure and started not to like it, because the new manager changed everything

Productive and organized

Great culture with fantastic people. The Pinelands building is constantly upgrading to make everything convenient and as comfortable for staff as possible.

It was amazing working for old mutual, the environment and the people.

I enjoyed working for old mutual, it was like home to me. I met the most amazing people in my team and other teams. I learned so much about my job, working with other people and myself. It was my first real job. I was on contract unfortunately so my stay was very short. Given a chance I'd go back and on a permanent basis this time.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company?

Very volatile environment

Old mutual is a great place to work at. Crunch time is crunch time and they take the variety if cultures very seriously. The company itself looks after their employees.

Pros

Recognition of employees

Prductive working environment

One of the best insurance companies in the world and will never disappoint when coming to short-term insurance. I will recommend. It is good working with Old Mutual due to their culture and how they do things. I would say the employees are so calm and reliable.

Lovely learning experience

I sold various long term financial products and also did Retirement Fund Administration Old Mutual. I dealt with outbound clients and cold calling on a daily basis.

Productive and great floor support from colleagues w.r.t on the job training

Requires an intellectual who isn't afraid of being vocal and going against the flow of the tide. Be eager. Take initiative but go about it in a manner that is withing the departmental process.

Pros

Transport home for late night overtime (also well compensated for overtime)

Check and balances

Methodical work that is characterised by many checks and balances that can not be omitted when capturing business, where if omitted will invalidate that business, To me hardest part is to make all necessary checks and advising the right product is the most enjoyable part.

Pros

Working hours

Cons

incentives

Full of diversity and hard workers

START AT 8AM AND FINISH AT 5PM. Everyday there is something new and challenging. They have taught me so much, of which mentioning a few that stood out, everyone is equal, and we work together as team to reach the top. Our management is well equipped for their position and plays as our mentors when need be. They supportive and goes out of their way to accommodate and satisfy everyone. The hardest part is not being recognized because there's so much going on. The most enjoyable is our freebies and rewards. Early leaving. Our teambuilding and staff events.]

Pros

Lunch monies, Medical aid, Wellbeing support

Cons

Recognisition

What I learned

I learned how to communicate with people from different races and religions, and that made me a better person. The most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with different types of people all over South Africa via telephone.

Pros

Free lunch vouchers on Saturday shifts

Cons

Some team leaders do not have the proper interpersonal skills

productive and target driven

Very self developing environment where alot of development is encouraged as far as the business is regarded.Its also a very fun cultured yet driven environment

fun and cultured company to work for

Its a great company with great values. It's was only an houner to be an ambassador to such a brand. Integrity and honesty are one of the values they hold up high.

Pros

shares

Good work

Old mutual is a good company ever since I have been there, they are really welcoming, treating customers in a good menar, also I have gained a good experience from them because I was in a learnerships.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Productive and fun work place

Admin Clerk I help walk in client. Call the head office to follow up on disinvestment and claims. New business tracking on system. Capturing of new business cases. General office duties. Very friendly culture. The hardest part of the job is where I have to leave at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part is helping clients and capturing of cases.

Pros

There is alot of work to make the time fly

Cons

no lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,0