Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,4Pay & Benefits

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 542 reviews

Good place to gain experience

Old Mutual is a good place to work for but they seem not to care about contracted employees. I was informed on the day that my contract ended that it would not be renewed and I would be unemployed. They do not make staff permanent, it is easier for them to have contracted staff so they don’t have to provide employee benefits.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

No job security

Not so great company to work for

The company's employee policies are excellent however, they are good on paper and not in practice. Nepotism is rife. Those related or known by management seem to develop and progress. No formal inductions for some departments. Growing and developing within the business is another challenge.

Pros

Salary is paid on time.

Cons

Too much pressure. In some instances overtime is paid in vouchers.

If you can for Old mutual it depend how they value you then you will get good salary. You have to know someone for you to be endorsed to higher position

It is very fun at old mutual and the staff is very friendly

I enjoyed being part of old mutual family. It is like home to me. The environment is very good and they treat people well. Old mutual is the best company I ever worked for.

Pros

We were having free launches from the mananger

Cons

The hours were very good and reasonable

Productive and fun

Enjoyable company to work for. They car about your well being and take their employees into consideration in everything that they do. Pay is also fair

Pros

They care about you

Cons

Short breaks

An established Corporate

Old Mutual is what you would expect from a large corporation. Good management structures in place and have been for a long time. At times it may become to feel as if you're just another number and it can be tricky to work your way up to higher positions as the senior staff members have been around for a long time

good place to settle

you need to work your way up in order to actually really benefit. sometimes its about who you know that can get you that position you craving so badly.

Pros

bonus

Cons

not flexible with hours

Productive and great floor support from colleagues w.r.t on the job training

Requires an intellectual who isn't afraid of being vocal and going against the flow of the tide. Be eager. Take initiative but go about it in a manner that is withing the departmental process.

Pros

Transport home for late night overtime (also well compensated for overtime)

Check and balances

Methodical work that is characterised by many checks and balances that can not be omitted when capturing business, where if omitted will invalidate that business, To me hardest part is to make all necessary checks and advising the right product is the most enjoyable part.

Pros

Working hours

Cons

incentives

Good work

Old mutual is a good company ever since I have been there, they are really welcoming, treating customers in a good menar, also I have gained a good experience from them because I was in a learnerships.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company?

Productive and enjoyable job

I have a huge responsibility of having to allocate work on daily basis to the Employees and extracting the stats. I've learned alot in my current position but overall working for a Company like Old Mutual. I build relationships with all my Managers. I believe in having trust and understanding with my colleagues and that's why I never had bad experiences before. I don't have a hard part of my job , it's a challenge which I enjoy and I love learning new things. Learning new things , doing my work on time and coping under pressure.

Pros

Working hours

Cons

Salary

9 hour work dayI have learned toleranceProductivity and Quality importantClient focusLots of Extra time

Pros

flexible breaks

Cons

Old Mutual is like working in Aparteid times but now management is largely black. One thing that OM provides is training.

It has been a very difficult period for me because I would get managers who do not my work and they just rely on the books for ratings and promotions come to those who laugh the best and the smartest not according to your ratings by your collegues and the work that you do.

Pros

attending fuctions

Cons

not appreciated for hard work and long hours