Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

South Africa39 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 39 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 587 reviews

Good enployer

TRAINING Trainings that they offer for their staff was good .CLIENT SUPPORT.Their client support is genuine and they put their client first. They pay claims

Pros

Good employer

Cons

Too much emphasis on reaching targets

Profitable and fun when we are preforming well

I have learned a lot and the most important thing is that they care about their staff.The environment is very user friendlyManagement do support and advise and inspire for all team members to succeed.It's easy to adjust to the winning culture and making more money, being successful in your personal space and at workwhen your not preforming it can be hard hey When you win with your team and your branch is meeting target and exceeding it, plus the month when you get your dividends and qualifying for sales competition and earning more money monthly.

Productive and fun workplace

Old Mutual helps to bring the best out of their employees with continues trainings and meetings, helping us meeting our objectives.Old Mutual is by far the best company to work for.

Pros

Fully paid trips around the world

Cons

Working on saturdays

N/a

It is a very busy environment, as making targets ain't easy but i was not happy with the way management handled other situations in regards of putting company first before employees and not taking care of the employee's well being.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

It pays well when you in the right place

Work smart not hard its all about how you apply your ideas into action and how you get the ship moving most importantly you need to be people driven w

I'm looking for a sales management position

Looking for a sales management position around Eastern Cape. I have 12 year experience in sales at Old Mutual and seven years as sales manager. I am willing to relocate.

Started as an Advisor and promoted to management

An inspiring sales and management job, tough at times but enjoyable. Enjoying working with team. Inconsiderate line manager was toughest. Competitions and conventions made job enjoyable. A company with a culture of high performance.

Line manager

Line Manager was very difficult and doesn't have proper work ethic. He was rude to the entire staff and made everyone feel small and incompetent when addressing the staff

Working at om finance was very stressful

Company need to support their manager as much as they support consultants they also.need to review the way they target their branches considering the dynamics of the branch.

Great leadership

My personal experience was very competitive and fun. Everyone was treated equally. They have a great culture. I felt as though my talents were not matched as to my offerings.

Time for family very limited as one works 6 days per week starting from 8 till 6pm.

Managing staff and sell loans to community that is not affording to pay the money back. having to sell to an area where people are not employed and un-employment rate that is very high. This put stress to my staff as sales were not easy to do.

Best company that you can work for

Responsible for the day to day running of the branch to ensure that customers expectation are met at all times they visit the branch. Driving sales targets on a daily basis .

Productive and Fun Workplace

There is structure, there is rythm, The company takes pride in their image. The systems in place are very tight, thus all is detected before the company looses money due to discipline issues.

Pros

Awards and recognition

Cons

Quality is key

fun place to work.

diverse group, different cultures.Pressurised environment.Really looking after its employees.Excellent support structure.Management fully trained, workplace very cultural.Paying for employees trainingNew business in this day where more competitors is in the market.Making a difference to many South Africans where funeral and all types of investments is offered.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Pressurised environment

Overall good organisation to work for.

Culture is very important to me. I feel that I have a good organisation I call my workspace. The remuneration structure is comprehensive and there isn't another organisation that offers what is offered here. I am very focused on growth.

Pros

Job satisfaction through achievement.

Cons

Growth

Good Culture

Alot of multifunctions and focused areas, conderable amount of diversity and knowledge to gained. Alot of emphisis placed on Customer Care, SLA, and maintaining NPS scores above the Company national average.

Productive company

Great company to work for great growth oppertunities. Good remuneration and employee recognition. Great management and colleagues to work with on a daily basis

Pros

Good employee reconition

Cons

Non

Compliance in a workplace

Facilitate the skills audit process/ Identify training needs. Compile branch’s workplace skills plan and annual training report. Organise and coordinate skills programme. Mentor and train sales staff to ensure that sales targets are met. By ensuring that compliance requirements are adhered to and deals with non-compliance issues pro-actively. Manage employee health and wellness

Pros

Free lunches

Highly Productive and Result Oriented

A working environment that I thrive under , would be one where daily responsibilities are clearly communicated and filtered down, a place that is result orientated and has dedicated people who have a crazy work ethic.A place management has a clear and distinctive picture of what direction the a driving its staff, a environment that is developmental. I thrive best under pressure , in situations that requirement to put my thinking cap on and apply all the knowledge and experience i have gathered over the my working career. A place where we can relax take time to reward good work and give recognition.

Pros

good exposure to learning

Cons

staff resignations

Stats driven

Finance has a good vision, but they still have a lot to improve on. The oppertunities to do the 1st time things right, but they 1st settle for second best.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Repeating of the same thing over and over.... stats driven

Sales driven

Do cold calling Follow up on leads Do debt collecting Service clients with insurance enquiries or claims Do loan applications Coach and mentor Submit reports Manage administration of branch Manage HR related procedures Manage front desk Manage NPS rating Obtain sales targets Obtain banking targets Service clients with banking information Training of staff Generate new business

Pros

Basic and commission salary

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 587 reviews