Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Branch Manager

It is a very busy environment, as making targets ain't easy but i was not happy with the way management handled other situations in regards of putting company first before employees and not taking care of the employee's well being.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Work smart not hard its all about how you apply your ideas into action and how you get the ship moving most importantly you need to be people driven w
Looking for a sales management position around Eastern Cape. I have 12 year experience in sales at Old Mutual and seven years as sales manager. I am willing to relocate.
An inspiring sales and management job, tough at times but enjoyable. Enjoying working with team. Inconsiderate line manager was toughest. Competitions and conventions made job enjoyable. A company with a culture of high performance.
Line Manager was very difficult and doesn't have proper work ethic. He was rude to the entire staff and made everyone feel small and incompetent when addressing the staff
Company need to support their manager as much as they support consultants they also.need to review the way they target their branches considering the dynamics of the branch.
My personal experience was very competitive and fun. Everyone was treated equally. They have a great culture. I felt as though my talents were not matched as to my offerings.
Managing staff and sell loans to community that is not affording to pay the money back. having to sell to an area where people are not employed and un-employment rate that is very high. This put stress to my staff as sales were not easy to do.
Responsible for the day to day running of the branch to ensure that customers expectation are met at all times they visit the branch. Driving sales targets on a daily basis .
There is structure, there is rythm, The company takes pride in their image. The systems in place are very tight, thus all is detected before the company looses money due to discipline issues.
Pros
Awards and recognition
Cons
Quality is key
diverse group, different cultures.Pressurised environment.Really looking after its employees.Excellent support structure.Management fully trained, workplace very cultural.Paying for employees trainingNew business in this day where more competitors is in the market.Making a difference to many South Africans where funeral and all types of investments is offered.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Pressurised environment
Culture is very important to me. I feel that I have a good organisation I call my workspace. The remuneration structure is comprehensive and there isn't another organisation that offers what is offered here. I am very focused on growth.
Pros
Job satisfaction through achievement.
Cons
Growth
Alot of multifunctions and focused areas, conderable amount of diversity and knowledge to gained. Alot of emphisis placed on Customer Care, SLA, and maintaining NPS scores above the Company national average.
Great company to work for great growth oppertunities. Good remuneration and employee recognition. Great management and colleagues to work with on a daily basis
Pros
Good employee reconition
Cons
Non
Facilitate the skills audit process/ Identify training needs. Compile branch’s workplace skills plan and annual training report. Organise and coordinate skills programme. Mentor and train sales staff to ensure that sales targets are met. By ensuring that compliance requirements are adhered to and deals with non-compliance issues pro-actively. Manage employee health and wellness
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
A working environment that I thrive under , would be one where daily responsibilities are clearly communicated and filtered down, a place that is result orientated and has dedicated people who have a crazy work ethic.A place management has a clear and distinctive picture of what direction the a driving its staff, a environment that is developmental. I thrive best under pressure , in situations that requirement to put my thinking cap on and apply all the knowledge and experience i have gathered over the my working career. A place where we can relax take time to reward good work and give recognition.
Pros
good exposure to learning
Cons
staff resignations
Finance has a good vision, but they still have a lot to improve on. The oppertunities to do the 1st time things right, but they 1st settle for second best.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Repeating of the same thing over and over.... stats driven
Do cold calling Follow up on leads Do debt collecting Service clients with insurance enquiries or claims Do loan applications Coach and mentor Submit reports Manage administration of branch Manage HR related procedures Manage front desk Manage NPS rating Obtain sales targets Obtain banking targets Service clients with banking information Training of staff Generate new business
Pros
Basic and commission salary
Cons
14 Years working experience –including 8 years leading a sales and customer service division. Have worked across Insurance and Lending, Airline and Travel and tourism Key skills linked to customer services are coaching and interpersonal skills, having coaching sales teams to exceed their sales target. Financial acumen, having provided daily to monthly sales reports. Accountable for managing lending risks of up to a maximum of R170 000.00. Sales target increased, the moral of the branch turned out positively willingness from staff to participate in roles assigned. Decrease in reduction, reaching a target of 2M per month even exceeding in good months.
Pros
incentive plus free lunch
Cons
Fear of loosing
-Old Mutual is a best Company that brings about solid principles and growth to every employee. -Company that cares for each and everyone personal problems and family maters. -Equality in gender. -Non discriminating against race, colour , level of education and level of position. -Put both clients and employees at best.
Pros
Every achievement is beng celebrated no matter how small it may seem
Great company to work for. Good culture(values) created by the company- Ubuntu, Respect, Dignity, pushing beyond boundaries. Integrity and accountability. Friendly environment.