Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

Call Center Representative22 reviews
South Africa22 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 548 reviews

Productive and friendly wworkplace.

For me everything was fine, competitive challenging and manageable. ILove challenge and I'm super productive in everything I do and I am always willing to learn more.

Comfortable place to work at

Old Mutual could be a great place if the leadership is flexible and approaching , in each business units. Career growth is largely driven by managers who are biased and not on performance of an individual. Qualifications is a none issue in most businesses and the salary is not market related, especially in the back office environment,however job security was secured during my 13 years with Old Mutual, always had great people as in team members that can actually become a family.

Pros

Constant training

Cons

Poor growth you end up being stagnant.

Always productive, always meeting targets and maintaining 100% service levels

Answer incoming calls, do amendments, work with brokers directly, learned that brokers always seemed to know everything, they use to the old ways, telling them about new processed in place always created problems, but I could work around that, excellent listening skills, always got great reviews/feedback from brokers, was nominated for emerald award for sales and service. was top performer in up selling products- short term insurance. I loved the wow moment of brokers and their delight when they received good service, always got good ratings. System was sometimes slow, new legislation and processes always take long to get use to, but we over came it. Utmost respect for each other's culture, respect and integrity. Salary was good, working hours was perfect, no stress, everyone did their part, team leader great to work with, always pushing you to your limits, always saw the good in others, always had a kind word.

productive and fun

my day at old mutual finance started at 07:00am, it will be a busy day especially when i am behind with my stats. it will be a productive and fun day. i have learned to multitask because of the kind of system we were using, because it required us to be on the call at all times with no interruption. the management was so supportive always checking on our well-being made sure we were well rested. workplace culture was very fantastic as i was the one who was a culture builder and i have won a Prize in 2018 for being a CULTURE BUILDER. the hardest part of the job was when you get a difficult client especially on your lowest days and you had to maintain one of the old mutual values which is "UBUNTU & INTEGRITY The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had special campaigns on our client's big salary days, you had to call the clients and make special arrangements in order to get some big incentives. i enjoyed those days.

Not really a fun place to work for however, productivity was a must and that was the fun part of working for the company.

The company does not basically fight for its people regarding customer complaints even when the client is wrong which in most casea the client is wrong. The people at the company though are fun to work with however I cannot say the same about management.

I learnt communication skills, how to be a team player. A typical day at work would consist of pushing beyond boundaries. Working in a team. Reaching target Winning incentives.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Public transport

Retention Call Centre Consultant

Contact Old Mutual clients and making them aware of their policies thats is not active or maturing.If clients are not aware of it we reactivate it or if the policy matures we process the policies to pay out on it maturity date.

Pros

Working days only Monday to Friday

Cons

Need to make target at all times

Exceptional and Fun work place

I assist clients and advisors with all types of death and disability claims. I assisted with portfolio information's and changes. I have learned allot about planning for future and finance. Nothing hard as I loved a challenge. Loved my work as I love working with people.

Fun place to work at.

Old Mutual is a great place to work at with vibrant people, but the culture of the group was lost due to the management that lack motivating and keeping the driving force of the department.

Pros

Rewards for achievements

Cons

Lack of management

Challenging

Old Mutual has always been known for their best service and great company culture, however, now it's slowly loosing what the organisation stands for. There are no prospects of growth especially in Cape Town.

very happy contract worker

Even though it was on contract I would have loved to become permanent as they have an awesome culture.They always considered what was in my best interest and always ensured that I felt welcomed and at ease with the culture and environment I was in.

Pros

development of staff was very important to the company

Cons

it was only on contract

tough and rigorous workplace

Early mornings and late evenings of straight up manual labour in harsh environments. Working there made me realise that I need to get some form of qualification in order to get a decent job

ubuntu and working together as one

Old mutual finance is a company that drives growth. They are one big family that believes in 1 purpose,1 goal and 1 client. They strive to provide the best service to their customers.

Pros

prize give aways for top performers

Cons

inconsistency

workplace

Great company to work for. Benefits are excellent. Training given to do an excellent job. management style are great, they know how to deal with staff. Teamwork are great. People still have the family caring culture at Old Mutual.

Pros

Team building - Medical Aid & Pension Fund

Cons

time out

Always good colleagues to work with

I enjoy working at old mutual because it helps me build up experience and learns me more about working in a Corporate environment. It is also good working here cause you always work with good people.

Being productive and enjoying or love what you do

I am a hard work and fast learner and pay attention to detail.i am a dedicated person who will go extra mile and above to meet target given.i work well in a team as a team player as well as on my own.i have much experience to offer and willing to learn more and expand my horizon .

Pros

Rewards for how well done

Cons

Long hors

Target driven, very nice people to work with and everyday Is different, developed good communication skills, always willing to help the next person

Pros

incentive

Cons

non

Productive and fun workplace

Arrive late at work Think before you make big decisions Very professional Ready to help every step of the way calling client with achived arrears Speaking to clients in defferent languages

Pros

Incentives

Cons

n/a

awesome work culture

A typical day at work for me would be to come to work make target and exceed it. In that way your managers are happy and you receive performance appraisal for your efforts. During my work experience I have learnt to commnicate effectively with people from all walks of life as every client is unique and needs to be approached in a different way. My co- workers are amazing. We all communicate with one another and maintain a balance between our work and social lives. We are all students and therefore have a good understanding amoungst each other. The hardest part of the job would be to try and keep everyone happy. this proves to be quite challenging at times. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the work atmosphere.There is a good balance between working as well as having a good laugh in betwen with co- workers. furthermore, high employee satisfaction and a positive work culture are excellent combinations for high productivity and growth.

Pros

many free gifts

Cons

early shifts over the weekend

Great culture

1. i learn't patience & tolerance of others 2. most enjoyable part is the satisfaction of client 3. Co-workers, teammates, team work that all added to making whatever is hard easy on a daily bases

Pros

Occasional meal vouchers

Cons

working two Saturdays a month

Fun and challenging workplace

The vibe in the service centre was energetic and buzzing. The challenge started as soon as the calls came rolling in. Different challenges arose daily. Respected and was respected all my colleagues. My most challenging part of my job i would say was handling irate clients whilst maintaining daily stats. I've learned composure under stressful conditions,listening and empathizing. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that i impacted someones day positively.

Pros

Free personal development.

Cons

Not enough oppotunities to grow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 548 reviews