Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

Answer incoming calls, do amendments, work with brokers directly, learned that brokers always seemed to know everything, they use to the old ways, telling them about new processed in place always created problems, but I could work around that, excellent listening skills, always got great reviews/feedback from brokers, was nominated for emerald award for sales and service. was top performer in up selling products- short term insurance. I loved the wow moment of brokers and their delight when they received good service, always got good ratings. System was sometimes slow, new legislation and processes always take long to get use to, but we over came it. Utmost respect for each other's culture, respect and integrity. Salary was good, working hours was perfect, no stress, everyone did their part, team leader great to work with, always pushing you to your limits, always saw the good in others, always had a kind word.
my day at old mutual finance started at 07:00am, it will be a busy day especially when i am behind with my stats. it will be a productive and fun day. i have learned to multitask because of the kind of system we were using, because it required us to be on the call at all times with no interruption. the management was so supportive always checking on our well-being made sure we were well rested. workplace culture was very fantastic as i was the one who was a culture builder and i have won a Prize in 2018 for being a CULTURE BUILDER. the hardest part of the job was when you get a difficult client especially on your lowest days and you had to maintain one of the old mutual values which is "UBUNTU & INTEGRITY The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had special campaigns on our client's big salary days, you had to call the clients and make special arrangements in order to get some big incentives. i enjoyed those days.
The company does not basically fight for its people regarding customer complaints even when the client is wrong which in most casea the client is wrong. The people at the company though are fun to work with however I cannot say the same about management.
I learnt communication skills, how to be a team player. A typical day at work would consist of pushing beyond boundaries. Working in a team. Reaching target Winning incentives.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Public transport
Contact Old Mutual clients and making them aware of their policies thats is not active or maturing.If clients are not aware of it we reactivate it or if the policy matures we process the policies to pay out on it maturity date.
Pros
Working days only Monday to Friday
Cons
Need to make target at all times
I assist clients and advisors with all types of death and disability claims. I assisted with portfolio information's and changes. I have learned allot about planning for future and finance. Nothing hard as I loved a challenge. Loved my work as I love working with people.
Old Mutual is a great place to work at with vibrant people, but the culture of the group was lost due to the management that lack motivating and keeping the driving force of the department.
Pros
Rewards for achievements
Cons
Lack of management
Old Mutual has always been known for their best service and great company culture, however, now it's slowly loosing what the organisation stands for. There are no prospects of growth especially in Cape Town.
Even though it was on contract I would have loved to become permanent as they have an awesome culture.They always considered what was in my best interest and always ensured that I felt welcomed and at ease with the culture and environment I was in.
Pros
development of staff was very important to the company
Cons
it was only on contract
Early mornings and late evenings of straight up manual labour in harsh environments. Working there made me realise that I need to get some form of qualification in order to get a decent job
Old mutual finance is a company that drives growth. They are one big family that believes in 1 purpose,1 goal and 1 client. They strive to provide the best service to their customers.
Pros
prize give aways for top performers
Cons
inconsistency
Great company to work for. Benefits are excellent. Training given to do an excellent job. management style are great, they know how to deal with staff. Teamwork are great. People still have the family caring culture at Old Mutual.
Pros
Team building - Medical Aid & Pension Fund
Cons
time out
I enjoy working at old mutual because it helps me build up experience and learns me more about working in a Corporate environment. It is also good working here cause you always work with good people.
I am a hard work and fast learner and pay attention to detail.i am a dedicated person who will go extra mile and above to meet target given.i work well in a team as a team player as well as on my own.i have much experience to offer and willing to learn more and expand my horizon .
Pros
Rewards for how well done
Cons
Long hors
Target driven, very nice people to work with and everyday Is different, developed good communication skills, always willing to help the next person
Pros
incentive
Cons
non
Arrive late at work Think before you make big decisions Very professional Ready to help every step of the way calling client with achived arrears Speaking to clients in defferent languages
Pros
Incentives
Cons
n/a
A typical day at work for me would be to come to work make target and exceed it. In that way your managers are happy and you receive performance appraisal for your efforts. During my work experience I have learnt to commnicate effectively with people from all walks of life as every client is unique and needs to be approached in a different way. My co- workers are amazing. We all communicate with one another and maintain a balance between our work and social lives. We are all students and therefore have a good understanding amoungst each other. The hardest part of the job would be to try and keep everyone happy. this proves to be quite challenging at times. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the work atmosphere.There is a good balance between working as well as having a good laugh in betwen with co- workers. furthermore, high employee satisfaction and a positive work culture are excellent combinations for high productivity and growth.
Pros
many free gifts
Cons
early shifts over the weekend
1. i learn't patience & tolerance of others 2. most enjoyable part is the satisfaction of client 3. Co-workers, teammates, team work that all added to making whatever is hard easy on a daily bases
Pros
Occasional meal vouchers
Cons
working two Saturdays a month
The vibe in the service centre was energetic and buzzing. The challenge started as soon as the calls came rolling in. Different challenges arose daily. Respected and was respected all my colleagues. My most challenging part of my job i would say was handling irate clients whilst maintaining daily stats. I've learned composure under stressful conditions,listening and empathizing. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that i impacted someones day positively.
Pros
Free personal development.
Cons
Not enough oppotunities to grow
I have gained a lot of experience working at the call center. The hardest part of my job is when you make calls and people is not interested. I have learned that at times you will be rejected, but times when people accept the offer. My co-workers are great to work with as they support me really well. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to make calls to people all around Cape Town and if they accept it feels like a great achievement.