Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Consultant

The management needs to motivate the workers not push on targets only without checking on them are they coping or not. Yes the business its about target and all but some months are not the same when it comes to business.
Pros
Yes there were free lunches when you perform well.
Cons
Long hours was a big problem rep up meetings and yiu need to go to taxi rank it was quite risky.
You learn alot from this company staff and management very friendly and professional. Flexi working hours and the uniform is on point. I loved everything about the company
To much changes and movements in department, management don't have any people skills to treat staff with respect and is very inpatient. Unreachable and unfair target that is expected of staff to reach each and every month. There is no time to have fun as it is just work, work, work. Micro management, extremely target driven and nothing is an excuse if you don't reach that target each and every month. Management is targeting and treating certain staff with disrespect and no patient or with correct people skills. Team Leaders humiliate you in front of everyone. Hardest part of the job is to reach the unfair targets without any assistance from some Team leaders. There is no positive motivation and support from team leaders.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, work 11 hours most days without any overtime payment
Job dealing with disgruntled brokers and clients, sorting out discrepencies and ensuring a mutual beneficial outcome. Job satisfaction was key and thoroughly beneficial at the end of the day when we have happy clients and brokers.
Pros
The feeling of a positive outcome.
Cons
Not being able to always be able to help.
Company polies were practise. Cultures were the main thing at old mutual,treating client in a same level.productiction were growing in a daily basis.head quarters we sharing information daily basis,teamwork were the again thing at old mutual.selling and corssaaelling were the main basic instrument to increase level of sales
Cons
My typical day at work is to co-ordinate with sales department and manage all communications and I learned a lot. I interact with other people and adapt easily to different kinds of environment and culture. I enjoyed when I go an extra mile for the client
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Extra hours
I enjoyed my stay at Old Mutual, and will not mind going back there as I have mastered the art of winning at Old Mutual. Fun place to work in. Fun Fun
Pros
Free benefits
Cons
Free insurance
I loved how we financially educated clients. It improved some lifestyle of expenditure some clients would come back and show gratitude of how we helped them.
Pros
incentive
Cons
My first day at work was very challenging I have learned to advice client with products and do needs analysis Management is very supportive Work hard ,teamwork honesty and integrity Is how to win a client Traveling
It is the company that care for the people and it gives back to it people.It an old company that people knows about,that makes people so easy to trust
Pros
School, hospital
Cons
Eight hours
Smaller teams and very collaborative culture. typically there are great initiatives to foster an inclusive environment. Your experience can differ based on the specific department and based on the size of the organisation, there will be entire functions that you will never engage.
Pros
staff benefits, head office has all the facilities, gym, shops etc
Cons
strong work ethic and delivery focus leading to long hours.
Its very nice work environment to work in, everyone is friendly and helpful. You get every assistant you need all the time. You can grow easy in that working environment.
Pros
Staff parties
Cons
Reasonable hours
Very busy but the level of professionalism that the staff and customers would give, would shorten the day and make the day unfold smoothly. Appreciation and Respecting the next person. Management style was more of a vanguard leadership, where everyone pulls together towards the same direction to achieve the same goal. Hardest part would be missing a day at work as that would make you feel sick or feel like you not complete. I always enjoy team buildings and getting to know my colleagues better
Pros
Vouchers
I worked with financial advisors and brokers that always gave feedback on my performance. Negative feedback made me grow and positive feedback inspired me to do even better.
Pros
Lots of benefits and recognition programs for good performance
Cons
No flexible working hours
One would learn interacting with different people daily. I learned different cultures how to work around issues and people. Problem solving is sometimes difficult but I enjoyed to have made a client happy. Be tasked by a manager to control general office problem or complicated matters resulting from employees and clients.
Pros
entertainment
Cons
extra hours with no pay
old mutual is a good place to gain experience in a high pressure and Professional enviroment. very fast paced and rapidly changing enviroment. i have enjoyed my time there but it is time for me to diversify my skills set and find other opportunities.
Pros
challenging and rewarding enviroment
Cons
little job security
I enjoy my job due to the fact that I can interact with different kinds of people. I had no selling experience, and over time have been able to develop that skill. My co-workers and previous management continually added to my growth in this space. I am now ready for change in job, as my personal situation has changed. I am now looking for a new challenge that does not require travelling. I also would like to move into a position that does not require selling, but where I can use my skills of presentation, admin and affinity to working with systems.
Pros
Being your own boss
Cons
Travelling
I had a client that missed 2 premiums and Her Mother passed away. She called me crying like a baby and I had to cancel the appointments for the day and attend Her. I took her personally to our offices with her documents. When She was told that the money will be available in 48 hours in her account She couldn't believe, She was very happy and I got many clients from Her family because of the service we provided. I have learned that dealing with clients direct will always hold you accountable for the promises you give them. Management assisted to the client and co-operated that a client felt so special. the hardest part it was to deal with her emotions (crying during the process). What I enjoyed most is that She has little faith in Us and that we received more business from Her family and co-workers
Travelled within and outside south africa. Learned alot about other cultures and met people with diverse backgrounds. Management style the last 2 years left so much to be desired, the first 4 years had a great manager who understood the industry and took time to understand the staff members. Co-workers always willing to assist, the new managers who were not properly inducted, the job was challenging every day seemed like a new day with different challenges.
Pros
Job Satisfaction, Clear Career Paths, Clear Job descriptions
Cons
Unrealistic Managers
a typical day at work is constantly busy,i learned alot about myself and managing myself properly.management currently is good at the company and my co workers are great,the hardest part of my job was working over weekends as i was studying but other than that i loved my job.most enjoyable part was all the people i got to work with.
Cons
weekend hours