Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Consultant

Consultant10 reviews
South Africa10 reviews
5,0
You learn alot from this company staff and management very friendly and professional. Flexi working hours and the uniform is on point. I loved everything about the company
5,0
Company polies were practise. Cultures were the main thing at old mutual,treating client in a same level.productiction were growing in a daily basis.head quarters we sharing information daily basis,teamwork were the again thing at old mutual.selling and corssaaelling were the main basic instrument to increase level of sales
4,0
I loved how we financially educated clients. It improved some lifestyle of expenditure some clients would come back and show gratitude of how we helped them.
Pros
incentive
5,0
My first day at work was very challenging
I have learned to advice client with products and do needs analysis

Management is very supportive

Work hard ,teamwork honesty and integrity

Is how to win a client

Traveling
3,0
It is the company that care for the people and it gives back to it people.It an old company that people knows about,that makes people so easy to trust
Pros
School, hospital
Cons
Eight hours
4,0
Smaller teams and very collaborative culture. typically there are great initiatives to foster an inclusive environment.

Your experience can differ based on the specific department and based on the size of the organisation, there will be entire functions that you will never engage.
Pros
staff benefits, head office has all the facilities, gym, shops etc
Cons
strong work ethic and delivery focus leading to long hours.
5,0
Its very nice work environment to work in, everyone is friendly and helpful. You get every assistant you need all the time. You can grow easy in that working environment.
Pros
Staff parties
Cons
Reasonable hours
5,0
I worked with financial advisors and brokers that always gave feedback on my performance. Negative feedback made me grow and positive feedback inspired me to do even better.
Pros
Lots of benefits and recognition programs for good performance
Cons
No flexible working hours
4,0
old mutual is a good place to gain experience in a high pressure and Professional enviroment. very fast paced and rapidly changing enviroment. i have enjoyed my time there but it is time for me to diversify my skills set and find other opportunities.
Pros
challenging and rewarding enviroment
Cons
little job security
5,0
I had a client that missed 2 premiums and Her Mother passed away. She called me crying like a baby and I had to cancel the appointments for the day and attend Her. I took her personally to our offices with her documents. When She was told that the money will be available in 48 hours in her account She couldn't believe, She was very happy and I got many clients from Her family because of the service we provided. I have learned that dealing with clients direct will always hold you accountable for the promises you give them. Management assisted to the client and co-operated that a client felt so special. the hardest part it was to deal with her emotions (crying during the process). What I enjoyed most is that She has little faith in Us and that we received more business from Her family and co-workers