Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Customer Consultant

*more benefits for clients *More job opportunities *Friendly environment *Growth in your position *Friendly system to use *Easily system to apply *More trainings
I have learnt alot from the past 2 years i ahve worked for Old Mutual. I love the organisation culture and organisational climate there, it is easy ti adapt.
Target driven and competitive environment. Lots of team building and competitions. You are taught self control and to have patience as well as inter personal skills. You have to problem solve on a daily basis and know how to retain a client. Open communication as well as honesty will take you far, whether that be dealing with a difficult personality or understanding the systems. Every other month you are given tests on legislation and etiquette that helps conduct and regulate the insurance/ financial sector. The best part of the job is the perks and rewards you get for your hard work and meeting targets. The hardest part of the job is understanding how to navigate through all the systems and understanding your products and how they differ. The most challenging is dealing with a client on a bad day and not letting that ruin your day.
Working at old mutual finance head office was a wonderful experience. I had great experiences in the short while I was with the company I gained a lot of product knowledge and I have become more financially aware.
Pros
Financial growth
Cons
Product
I worked for old mutual for 11 years and was totally happy with the culture the only issue I had was salary.and due to a personnel situation i resigne
Cons
very challenging, i learnt patient and perseverance management is always available to help free lunch, business functions
Pros
competitions
Cons
no growth