Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

South Africa505 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 505 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 548 reviews

Stress

Working as Financial advisor is very challenging and and stressful. You need to be prepared. Old mutual has lots of benefits and is a great company to work for.

Hard work

I would recommend working at old mutual you get challenged everyday and you grow as the are skil you learn frequently about the company, you have to know what you want and always be on the move and challenge yourself to do better than you did the day before.

Pros

Fun days to detox the work stress

Cons

Lot of tessure

Great company to work for... I would like to go back but every time I apply, no one gets back to me

Loved working at old mutualWished I never left, but at Old Mutual being a Financial Advisor you need to have 120 credits and I didn't so I had no choice but to leave

Fast pased

Working for old mutual was indeed a learning experience about things that most people are not informed about. Good place if you at the branch that strives and appreciate what you give in you would enjoy working there.

A professional work place

Working at old mutual has been very exciting, the team is united and management very hands-on. Getting to deal with so many different people on a daily basis, teaches you more and more about people skills and how to interact with them in a way that is in alignment with Old Mutuals principles.

You Get Paid For What You Worked For

I worked as financial advisor and first 6 months you get a stipend as you are working and attending training where you learn how to market your clients in the financial environment.

Pros

Flexible working time Free airtime to call clients Manager always available for queries

Cons

Working under pressure Reaching target Looking for clients

Stressful and uncertainty

This is the worst job to find yourself at after you graduated. The nature of the job sucks, very demanding and long hours of work. Pay is not guaranteed.

Productive and fun environment

Good company to work for. Great incentives with benefits when you work hard by bringing more clients. You need to achieve your target in order to get better salary

No place for mistakes, accurate and on the ball at all times. Nice work ethic and culture

Management was professional and utmost helpful. Any problems was sorted quick and efficient. Client advise based on professional knowledge. A great company to work for.

Fun

Enjoyable, challenging. A lot to explore.I liked meeting different types of people on the working fields, which educated me a lot about human various behaviour and values of life. Got to learn a lot about financial planning needs. They were lot of challenges that gave me experience which have groomed me on how to tackle them.

Management are unprofessional

This job is extremely stressful and have daily and weekly targets. Management are very unprofessional. Threats to lose your job is a daily experience

Pros

Retirement, life and medical benefits

Cons

Extremely poor management, very high targets, giving up personal morals, no sleep

Fun to work for

Great company with great incentives great working structure the job allows you to manage your own time and has much flexibility because of self managing your self

Productive and fun place to work at

I enjoy working at Old Mutual. Although it could be stressful at times in some months you are not paid which becomes frustrating. You learn as you go which is nice.

Fun and casual place to work

I'd say my experience at Old Mutual brought their culture to life! It was amazing working with people from so many backgrounds, and learning from more experienced colleagues, and the training was the best part of the job for the first 5 months, but things got real toward the end of those 3 months.

Pros

Fuel allowances on training trips

Cons

Chasing targets

The company is good and invests on its employees. Problem is Micro-management

The company provides equipment and tools to work. Company invests in employees. Management is bad you end up hating your job. Pressure us too much leading to weightloss and stress to employees.

Pros

Learning and development

Cons

Bad management, meetings every morning with manager

The company has always taken long time review and understand that change, challenge and opportunity are the onlu contraits

Great company ro work for with lots of opportunities and growth , they take care of their staff by taking them for training, there's team work , employees offers help when they need to. It teaches you to manage yourself and i learned so much and gained alot of experience to work as a professional. Working under pressure to meet the target is one of the thing I have learned. Great place to work for with the culture that is defined with high performance.

Pros

You can take a lump sum when you rerire Registered members earn point's

Cons

Old mutual corporate consultants offers employees and trustees the support of fkxused investment

It's a sales job

Great working environment, you earn by commission. Management was really great, manager was understanding, motivates and encouraged full participation.

Pros

There is teamwork, co workers were really helpful when you needed help.

Cons

Too much pressure to meet targets

Great benefits, the company contributes to your retirement fund & medical aid.

Great company to work for with lots of room for growth. They take care of their staff offering good bonuses and benefits. Extensive training so you learn alot and training is on-going for you to perform at your best in your role.

Pros

Benefits - retirement fund, medical aid and bonuses

Cons

Productive and hard working place

If you are looking for a job that that requires you to work 24hr,7day and 365 without compromise. If you are also looking for an unprofessional, uncivilized and unsupportive managers who are self absorbed and don't care about your working environment and your safety! Then old mutual is the company for you.

Pros

Free beverages and lots of colleagues

Cons

Long working hours, unsupportive and unprofessional management

It was stressful working as a financial advisor

It was stressful. It was stressful working as a financial advisor. The targets were unreachable at times. Management can be on your neck pushing you everyday.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Targets

Productive and Fund Workplace

Hard Work, Over Time and Not appreciated for your efforts from clients. Targets had to be reached in time. Applications needed to be captured before Every Friday end of business day so that your stats are reflecting the following week. Always pressure.

Pros

Commission good and Company Benefits

Cons

Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 548 reviews