Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Financial Advisor in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Financial Advisor35 reviews
Johannesburg, Gauteng35 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 35 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 589 reviews

Good

You we'll love working for OM I can say ppl must apply. Different experience from all the jobs that I have done before. And working with different people every day that I love. And you build Loyally between you and your client.

Stressful and unstructured

rude managers and no skills to manage people. All they wanted was sales, forced to sing, pray and clap your hands. Being punished and embarrassed Infront of others. harassment was also a factor. No room for growth. The culture is not great and you do not really have a knock off time. Always being threatend to be fired. The environment was very bad. Working there for me was not conducive.

Pros

Work Functions, you develop a tough skin for sales

Cons

No respect, no knock off time, stressful

Growth and responsibility

Working for old mutual was good career move. It was just like running my own business, signed ny own cheque. Must b willing to work hard, have discipline and be able to manage time.

The hardest part of the job is when you don't find clients

I loved working there so much, even when you don't find clients you don't feel discarriaged, mangers are very helpful indeed, and benefits are worth it

fun

is life changing experiance growth self development ,it have the culture of growing people and the is a chance of earning morethan a manager meaning u writte your own check

Good company to work for

Worked for old mutual for a shirt period,, the culture is very professional, workers get training and they get to be equipped in a professional manner great opportunities as well for growth and development

It is a fun workplace but its based on perfomance

It is one of the best company but the challenge it is its management.The hardest part is when you do not reach your target they micro manage you.It was fun working at this company especially employee benefit,

Pros

Team buildings and year end functions

Cons

Long hours and job security

Financial planning

I learned the insights and depth of financial planning and wealth management, enjoyed being able to assist clients in managing the wealth and also knowing how their future looked in terms of their finances.

Pros

year end functions

Cons

cold calling

productive and fun working place

Work hard and earn more with the company work as if you own the company time keeping and values of the company are the key to success work like there's no tomorrow

Pros

branch trips and competition

A good place to work at

Its not an 8 hours working job,or Monday to Friday,you work anytime any where not always the in office but on the road talking to client about their financial needs.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

long hours, writting your own cheque

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company?

Productive and Fun

Working at Old Mutual taught me better time management skills and discipline in my daily routine, in order to maintain focused and reach goals. Open and approachable management style with a great working environment.

Good company, And the very fun company to work for.

It's fun working for old mutual only the salary is the challenge, I love all the benefits e.g Medical aid, and provident fund, u love the flexibility of hours.

Pros

Team building

Cons

Salary

old mutual if a good company to work for.their employees are united and always support one another.whether is work related or personal

typical day at work would be on mondays if you never planed your day well,then everything will fall apart,what i have learned is that you need to plan in advance.work culture is extremely amazing and enjoyable.reaching targets sometimes can be a bit of a challenge.what i enjoy most is i knock off at any-time as long as my job for the day is done.

Pros

we get free petrol money, cell phones and airtimes

Cons

we work long hours and an extra mile

productive

the hardest park of the job is going door to door to get clients, I have learned a lot especially working with clients and getting to know them better and understanding theirs situations and its is enjoyable and you make lot of money.it is actually like running your own business when you manage yourself and set your own targets.

Pros

telephone usage

Cons

Productive and fun working enviroment

A typical day at work should be filled with room for growth,and have challenges. Management should be willing to share information and enegetic. Working should be fun

Pros

medical aid and provident fund

Cons

long working hours

It is a great company to work for.

People should start applying at Old Mutual it is my ideal company. I enjoyed interacting wit people and being on field selling insurance, u get to meet with different kind of people and companies. You get to expand your knowledge in different sectors, u learn new things each and every day as get to meet with new faces everyday.

Pros

Training was also great, free lunches, buffet.

Cons

u work smart.

Professional work environment

Excellent management team, team work is encouraged. Internal processes need to be re-evaluated and improved. Reaching targets through all odds made the job tedious. Flexible hours and servicing or advising clients on a daily basis made the job enjoyable.

Pros

Flexible working hours, field work, employee benefits

Cons

not being paid if targets are not meet.

lots of opportunities to grow

very flexible hours great salary opportunities, management is very supportive. hardest part is finding your feet in terms of a stable client base. i find working for old mutual can open a lot of doors if you can start on a good client base

Really great company to work at.

Old Mutual is a very productive company to work for, it has great incentives as well as employee development structures. Although their management structure needs to be worked on.

Pros

Salary increases

Cons

No overtime

fun but management are so cold hearts

Working hear was funny but management are something else they Will like you only the week that you reach ur target if u don't the following week they can even shout at u, no it was traumatizing and boring and they ask some of employees to spy on other not health environment at all Old Mutual RMM.

Pros

Cons

flexible

Productive and fun working place

Working in Old Mutual is fun yet one learns a lot in terms of managing finances, very challenging, have very supporting managers, surrounded by friendly colleagues, hardest part would b finding new clients, most enjoyable is when we have events

Pros

Events/functions

Cons

finding new clients