Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Financial Advisor in Johannesburg, Gauteng

You we'll love working for OM I can say ppl must apply. Different experience from all the jobs that I have done before. And working with different people every day that I love. And you build Loyally between you and your client.
Working for old mutual was good career move. It was just like running my own business, signed ny own cheque. Must b willing to work hard, have discipline and be able to manage time.
I loved working there so much, even when you don't find clients you don't feel discarriaged, mangers are very helpful indeed, and benefits are worth it
is life changing experiance growth self development ,it have the culture of growing people and the is a chance of earning morethan a manager meaning u writte your own check
Worked for old mutual for a shirt period,, the culture is very professional, workers get training and they get to be equipped in a professional manner great opportunities as well for growth and development
It is one of the best company but the challenge it is its management.The hardest part is when you do not reach your target they micro manage you.It was fun working at this company especially employee benefit,
Pros
Team buildings and year end functions
Cons
Long hours and job security
I learned the insights and depth of financial planning and wealth management, enjoyed being able to assist clients in managing the wealth and also knowing how their future looked in terms of their finances.
Pros
year end functions
Cons
cold calling
Work hard and earn more with the company work as if you own the company time keeping and values of the company are the key to success work like there's no tomorrow
Pros
branch trips and competition
Its not an 8 hours working job,or Monday to Friday,you work anytime any where not always the in office but on the road talking to client about their financial needs.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
long hours, writting your own cheque
Working at Old Mutual taught me better time management skills and discipline in my daily routine, in order to maintain focused and reach goals. Open and approachable management style with a great working environment.
It's fun working for old mutual only the salary is the challenge, I love all the benefits e.g Medical aid, and provident fund, u love the flexibility of hours.
Pros
Team building
Cons
Salary
typical day at work would be on mondays if you never planed your day well,then everything will fall apart,what i have learned is that you need to plan in advance.work culture is extremely amazing and enjoyable.reaching targets sometimes can be a bit of a challenge.what i enjoy most is i knock off at any-time as long as my job for the day is done.
Pros
we get free petrol money, cell phones and airtimes
Cons
we work long hours and an extra mile
the hardest park of the job is going door to door to get clients, I have learned a lot especially working with clients and getting to know them better and understanding theirs situations and its is enjoyable and you make lot of money.it is actually like running your own business when you manage yourself and set your own targets.
Pros
telephone usage
Cons
A typical day at work should be filled with room for growth,and have challenges. Management should be willing to share information and enegetic. Working should be fun
Pros
medical aid and provident fund
Cons
long working hours
People should start applying at Old Mutual it is my ideal company. I enjoyed interacting wit people and being on field selling insurance, u get to meet with different kind of people and companies. You get to expand your knowledge in different sectors, u learn new things each and every day as get to meet with new faces everyday.
Pros
Training was also great, free lunches, buffet.
Cons
u work smart.
Excellent management team, team work is encouraged. Internal processes need to be re-evaluated and improved. Reaching targets through all odds made the job tedious. Flexible hours and servicing or advising clients on a daily basis made the job enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible working hours, field work, employee benefits
Cons
not being paid if targets are not meet.
very flexible hours great salary opportunities, management is very supportive. hardest part is finding your feet in terms of a stable client base. i find working for old mutual can open a lot of doors if you can start on a good client base
Old Mutual is a very productive company to work for, it has great incentives as well as employee development structures. Although their management structure needs to be worked on.
Pros
Salary increases
Cons
No overtime
Working hear was funny but management are something else they Will like you only the week that you reach ur target if u don't the following week they can even shout at u, no it was traumatizing and boring and they ask some of employees to spy on other not health environment at all Old Mutual RMM.
Pros
Cons
flexible
Working in Old Mutual is fun yet one learns a lot in terms of managing finances, very challenging, have very supporting managers, surrounded by friendly colleagues, hardest part would b finding new clients, most enjoyable is when we have events
Pros
Events/functions
Cons
finding new clients
Securing appiontments,overseeing sales staff under me and seeing clients and securing deals.Meeting new people everyday and own time management
Pros
Healthy environment
Cons
Clawbacks on bussiness