Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Financial Advisor in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape

Love working with people and meet dayly targets. With good bisnis idees stop orders deppede orders with is affordable for customers to pay on a month to month
Its good to work for old mutual. If they can not put tooo much pressure and treat employees to fire them And another thing they employ inexperienced advisor and pay them more salary tgan experience advisors.At client service there must be a booth number that is special for the advisors to do their claims Coz when we want to claim they treat us like clients we must stay on the Queue queue the queue
Productive, fun and stressfull at the same time. I have learned how to work under pressure and in a team. I have learned how to manage time, learned many ways of handling challenges, and leadership skills as well. The hardest part about the job is to meet the target and keeping your thousands of clients in your books. The enjoyable part are outings, the functions and team outings.
Pros
Free Lunches and SNT
Cons
Use of Innovation and initiative Communication Assertive Self motivated Organized Dedicated Time Management Attention to detail Customer Orientated
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful environment. Immense pressure to reach targets and made to feel incompetent if you don't. Many factors are beyond your control. The first 2 years you are given a target to reach and if you reach it you get a salary. After that the basic falls away which can leave you for months without an income as you are penalised for policies that fall off books. My peers where a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Cons
not getting paid. no basic compensation for cancelled policies
Amazing place to work for, great environment for sales driven individuals . However I do believe the pay system is flawed as your salary is entirely based on if an individual pays his or her policy ( even 2 years later )
Pros
Great Benefits, Flexible hours, no cap on earning abilities
Cons
No security regarding monthly pay
I loved every moment working for Old Mutual, my Manager was amazing and the team culture and award system was amazing. I was heartbroken when we had to relocate and i was left to resign. Amazing company that I would reccommend for anyone and still activiely referring possible recruits to.
Pros
Great Team Culture, Award incentives
Old Mutual is a very professional company. I just do not agree with the commission structure.They give excellent sales training and they are very proffesional.
Pros
Medical Aid
Cons
You meet new people every day and you must try to learn what they want or not because client is always ryt so there is nothnothing more I can say besides of stressing job ever u deal with targets
Pros
free coffee, free brochures
Cons
any time
Marketing Old Mutual products and advising people with their financial problems by convincing them to save and invest money with the company this was interesting because I had to deal with different people everyday.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
travelling
The first thing I did in the in the morning was to make sure the staff cleaned the tables, floors and swept and cleaned the deck. One of the owners would be on hand to show the previous nights takings and to give them the completed cash ups.Any incidents that were written in the incidents book would be discussed. Next would be allocating waitresses to their various bays for the day. If there were any deliveries- food, non alcoholic or alcoholic, then they would be checked in.All orders were booked and usually by that stage we would get ready for the lunchtime trade where I would check that all orders were out on time, check on clients,checking the waitresses were working to high standard. After lunch around 4:30 I would cash up the waitresses and the next shift would arrive.The next shift manager would arrive and before leaving for the day, I would discuss any important bookings or any pertinent points that may have arisen. My hours were:Monday 17h00 to closing. Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday:08h30 to 17h00 Thursday : Off Weekends:08h00 to 17h00 sometimes changing to night shift.
Pros
Free meal allocation, meeting new and known people constantly.
Cons
My family suffered a bit because I worked a 6 day week.
- report to office and paying visits to clients. - I learned how to approach people - Motivating gatherings very fun leading to productiveness. - Helping each other with transport and sharing petrol. - when clients decide to ignore their obligations - Friday meetings to display the production of the week when that has gone well.
Pros
Motivating lunches
Cons
Chasing deadlines visiting even no go areas which could be very dangerous
A typical day starts with a meeting where employees are afforded an opportunity to share aspects of the job they found most challenging. Managers facilitate the process of finding solutions to those challenges.That would be followed by administration duties, such as calling clients/prospects to make appointments, and attend scheduled appointments. Management is very supportive,especially to subordinates who ask for assistance, and more importantly they work as team. My co-workers are pleasant group of professionals. Hardest part of the job is to tell a client that we cannot help him or her. I enjoy seeing clients happy because of the good service we have rendered.
Pros
Being able to design and implement an individual business plan.
Cons
Having to use one's car and fuel to attend to client's appointments, and other work related activities.
Cold calling in order to secure appointments. Own transport, petrol etc required. We were required to make 100 calls, in order to achieve 20 appointments, to make 5 sales. Appointments were mainly done in the evening. The flexabilty of the position was nice, however, when a sales was made, should the client miss a premium, this would result in a "Claw Back" on comm paid.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Unknown salary
it was a good working environment, used to work outdoors to search for clients. i have learnt a lot in dealing with people and public speaking. we worked as groups of three and i must say it was challenging. what i like most about the company was the targets we had to reach and the conditions we were working under.
Pros
target meet and greater bonuses
Cons
the more relax you are, the more you suffer