Old Mutual Life Assurance Company logo

3,7
Work-Life Balance

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 485 reviews

Fun work place

It is a very friendly environment to work in, people are friendly as well as professional. The management team is very professional and conduct themselves ethically and with integrity.

fun place to work

management are skill full progressive company lots of opportunities lots of support from management fun place to work there is no basic salary, commission only

Managerial structure oases confidence

I found a home in Old mutual and i didnt have to fit for fitting in,so i made friendship and made good business.it was so easy to work with people who know how to go about the on boarding process.

Good Start

Good place to start my career and was good but the commission split and management support not on the same level as at Nedbank. Was grateful could at least learn here

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Salary/ Commission not great

excellent place to work at fun and games

Always busy searching for something new, I've learned a lot from this company as it made me the FA I am today and looking to soar to new heights. Management is excellent no complaints Culture at work is great work ethics always on point Sales are sometimes up and down but with a great support structure, eg leads clients and encouragement could be better. Managing my own time interacting with different people on a daily basis and learning new things all the time, and also determining your income.

Pros

training only

Cons

smoke breaks only

Learning and training is excellent

Good place to learn about the industry and gain valuable knowledge. Liase with clients.Provide investment advice to clients about the many different financial products and how it can improve their live. Provide life insurance advice to clients about the many different financial products and how it can improve their lives.

Pros

Many training events

Cons

Targets to meet

Fun Place and Productive

Most times we are not in the office as we setup appointments on Friday for the whole week. I learned time management is crucial in the business and how to interact with people from different ethnicity. The hardest part of the job was having to compromise on family time to see clients after hours then you end up feeling as if youre neglecting your children's homework and the child having to sleep late you come home late everyday I enjoyed the fruits of my handwork and working with people

Pros

Managing yourself

Cons

working hours

Productive and pleasant work environment.

I'm an intelligent woman who is always dedicated on taking up her duties. I'm a strong woman who doesn't break down easily by rejections,especially with clients. I set my own goals,I don't rely on my line manager fully to tell me what I want,I believe my line manager is available to guide me not hold me by hand. In this kind of business I believe is running my own company.

Pros

Incentives

fun

My day starts by checking my emails, then attending to client queries well as reviewing there financial portfolio. to see if at retirement that they are well provided for in terms of income.

Pros

great rewards at the end of the day

Cons

hard work

holding meetings more 6 hours

I have learn to be accountable, ,go beyond boundaries ,to respect other human beings and their culture , transparent, carry my brand everywhere go , loyal and trustworthy

Pros

presntations and team buildings

Cons

work over weekends to reach my targerts

productive

productive,hectic and good busy and if you are not in to sales you wont make it

A very supportive productive fun place to be

My Day starts with prayer at my office ,greetings ,phone calls and confirmation of appointments for the day. Then client interaction.Everyday I learn something different as I meet different people everyday. Management is so supportive and eveready to help make us the best that we can be as long as we do our part.My co workers are very professional and fun loving people also very willing to share ideas on how we can do things better.The hardest part of the job is when I have to tell a client his or her policy Declined due to health reasons.The most enjoyable part is when we paying out a cliam to a client.

Pros

You work your own time and write your own cheque

Cons

You work abnormal hours and somtimes suffer major loss in income due to lapses

Job security

The job is very tough and if you don't put in you will not get much out. There is negatives and positives though. The negatives is that targets get pushed up witch means you need to go see more clients and put in more money witch is very little because the salary don't go up it stay the same while food and petrol goes up and makes life more expensive than the year before. The positives is that because your salary is so little it push and motivates you to work harder and put in more to be successful so at the end of the day with a higher target you will earn more. But other than that I have had a lot of success of my own and through the hard work I have put in I have reached goals I have thought ill never reach by putting in time and money to make myself and business grow and move forward.

Pros

own working hours

Cons

High targets

Enjoyable and a lot to learn. Good Learning environment

Contacting clients and setting up meetings is the first thing on a working day. Leave office and go see 3 clients a day. Working with targets that must be reached by Friday. On my own i have to assess the risk of any assurance taken to abreast myself for my future actuarial career. Submit all signed business to management for approval. Co workers help each other when it comes to decision on which funds to put a client's funds. So team work is major in our job. The hardest part of the job is prospecting. I have to be in many networking programs like gym, golf club, tennis club, dance club and church, This is very expensive to maintain but helps in getting business. Most Enjoyable part of my job is that there is a lot of time for me to study that time when I have no appointments to see.

Pros

Good employee benefits

Cons

No growth academic wise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,0