Old Mutual Life Assurance Company logo
Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Human Resources Specialist

3,7
Work-Life Balance

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 485 reviews

Old Mutual is a great place to work with a great employee value proposition

I loved the benefits at Old Mutual, the company culture is great and they care about their employees in terms of their growth and development. They also have an onsite gym, mall and creche.

Pros

Employee benefits are great, competitive salaries, performance incentives, group life cover, free parking, onsite mall, creche and gym.

Cons

Specialized roles, exposure to a variety of functions can be limited.

Hard, long hours

I worked in payroll for 8 years. it was really hard because OM is a large corporate company and to make sure the payroll runs smoothly each month for all thousands of employees was quite stressful.

Pros

the support from my fellow colleagues

Cons

The work pressures

Very demanding

I enjoy working with people and I think that is the main highlight of my current job. Hard part is working with employees who are not fair and that favoritism lay a big role in this business.

Pros

Presenting to employees

Cons

demanding

Great Place to Work, doing great things.

Business as usual are high performance and culture oriented. great focus on development and growth. great opportunities. The one company where you can be hired to retire.

Pros

Great developmental oppertunities

Cons

Deliver on deadlines, what ever it takes

The working environment is conducive for any person

Everyone is friendly, we know how to work together, but sometimes we have disagreements on certain things. With good conflict resolution styles we manage to resolve such disagreements. I've learnt a lot at Old Mutual. I learnt about HR processes. There's no hardest part in this job, i enjoy it

Pros

We get prizes for outstanding work

Cons

I hardly go on lunch

Broadning

This position has taught me that you only know your capabilities and abilities when challenges arises, and the your attitude toward those challenges defines your competence as a worker. Most people that i have worked with that are in management have taught me so much about values and ethics in the workplace, they have been insiparitional and this one manager constantly advising me about school and the importance of education. Like any other work place, you do get co-workers that are easy to work with and you do get those that are not easy to work with however, I dont take it personally as long as I know wat I'm here for. The Hardest part of my job is having to reject candidates that were not successful in interviews and who are desperate for the job. The most enjoyable part of my job is having to let candidates know that their interviews has been a success and that they have been appointed.

Pros

Flying to Cape Town for Year End function

Cons

Having to reject desperate people that were not successful in interviews

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,0