Old Mutual Life Assurance Company logo

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Personal Assistant

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 39 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 485 reviews

Experimental,productive and fruitful

Working at Old Mutual was a great opportunity to me I was fortunately have to work with a very successful Financial adviser here at Mtata Mr Matyala.

productive, managable working hours

friendly colleagues/enviroment, good management. place to grow and has its challenges as any company. as private persoanl assistant management could be more considerate when it comes to payment to their assistants.

Relaxed

At Old Mutual I schedule appointments, do administrative work, Do telesale and follow up meetings, marketing, Answer calls Assist in formal meetings

yes it a productive and fun working place

I personally find working with Old Mutual interesting we get to meet different people and get to learn how to talk and treat people with their different personality. the hardest part of the job to chase clients, we do lots of training every month to learn a lot about our products and how to treat clients.

Pros

when we reach our target we do get free luch

Productive and challenging

Very challenging and a lot of pressure. Needs you to constantly be ready to work and meet deadlines. You need to know what you want as a person but most importantly, enjoy the sales environment .

Pros

Compensation

Cons

unpredictable hours

Very Productive and Good environment

OldmutualPfa was the best Company, almost in every thing because it where by you tend to meet new different people each day. And it was very great job

Pros

51 Clubs everyfriday

Cons

Difficult clients sometimes

Productive and fun

The excitement of reaching the targets. Clients claims being successful. Meeting new people and making new contacts everyday. The drive to be accurate at all times.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No cons

Nice work environment

Follow up on appointments, attend to call and mails. Managing both brokers diaries. Welcoming clients and managing a filling system. Management was great, good people to associate with and learn more about the company and the people working there

Pros

Long lunch

Cons

A few out of town meetings

Great work place

I was employed at Old Mutual under one of the Development Managers. I was very junior and inexperienced when I started but I grew into it and did extremely well.

Fun environmnent

it is a very complicated workplace, but I learnt a lot more especially because I think I was willing to learn more. their management is okay especially our manager he is very friendly and makes things easier for all of us. the clients does give us hard time but it very nice meeting new people form different races and know how they live and deal with different situations.

Emplyers vs Employees

As a PA/Receptionist for the past several years, working in mosly the same kind of industry I have found that as a PA ,you are not realy appreciated for what you do and what you contribute to the insurance business.

Pros

working nice hours from 8:00 till 16:30

Cons

The workload doesnt correspond with the salary.

productivity

You need to be a hard work and honest person be able to work under pressure and be frindly and kind. Love the position you are in inorder to succeed all the time

Pros

good people to work with

Cons

pressure

Productive and challenging workplace

Old mutual is a good place to work and gain more experience.I learned more office skills and work.time management is very important at office work too

Pros

Free breakfast sometimes

Cons

middle hours

productive and enjoyable work place

I enjoy my work and the workplace, the only reason I am seeking other employment is the salary is not enough. at the moment I am working for 2 advisers at Old Mutual

Pros

will give you days off to work form home

Cons

not earning enough

Old Mutual is a productive work place. I enjoy the work and people.

Management at Old Mutual is super. I enjoy going to work daily. Typical day starts with drawing of statistics, etc. The workplace is recommended to any person,

Pros

Good environment to work in

Cons

No permanent position

fun working place

answering calls faxing do filling Typing of correspondence & general emails. Capturing of timesheets & disbursements. Generating of invoices & fee notes. Switchboard / Reception relief. General administration. Ms Word & Excel Skills.

Cons

I have learned to manage my time well as I started working as a Financial Advisor and working under pressure making sure that I deliver to the best of my ability by pushing beyond boundaries making sure that I reach my targets. Team leading as my manager always gave us weekly tasks to assist other team members and making sure that they are meeting what is expected of them. Discipline as our job was flexible but at the same time we had to make sure that our time we spend wisely. Compliance is critical as we had to make sure clients provide necessary documents and we have to build a healthy relationship with our clients and giving proper advise disclosing every information that is relevant to the clients. Mentoring from established advisors training to make sure that we are competent in front of our clients and confident, making sure that we know our products.

Pros

Team Buildings. Training

Cons

Too many meetings.

Productive enviroment

A typical day at Old Mutual was often a productive one because the environment motivates you to do better. The staff was very friendly and warm which made it easier to be more comfortable. I learned a lot about admin work as in sorting out files, how to organise the diary, set appointments, how to do your basic filling, scanning and making appointments. The management always motivated us to do better, strict but friendly too. So work was always delivered on time. My co-workers were hard working and always meeting targets. The hardest part of my Job was communicating with clients in their different languages. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different kinds of people and learning more about the company.

Pros

Team Building activities

Cons

Long Hours

great environment to work

fun,assisting clients with enquiries, building a secure environment for client to feel helped and come back. working for Pfa is very challenging and you need to have a eye for potential business and assisting clients to your outmost best

Pros

appreciation to the staff

Cons

working on weekends

always dealing with clients. learned the importance of how to manage your financial objectives and the importance of taking care of yourself and loved ones( death, education PLAN, retirement annuity, etc.)

Fun place

Welknown company. Well driven management. Good training and development courses. Good support structure. The more you put in the more you will get out. Work with minimal supervision.

Pros

flexi business hours

Cons

Commision only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,0