Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Pay & Benefits reviews: Personal Assistant

Very challenging and a lot of pressure. Needs you to constantly be ready to work and meet deadlines. You need to know what you want as a person but most importantly, enjoy the sales environment .
Pros
Compensation
Cons
unpredictable hours
As a PA/Receptionist for the past several years, working in mosly the same kind of industry I have found that as a PA ,you are not realy appreciated for what you do and what you contribute to the insurance business.
Pros
working nice hours from 8:00 till 16:30
Cons
The workload doesnt correspond with the salary.
Old mutual is a good place to work and gain more experience.I learned more office skills and work.time management is very important at office work too
Pros
Free breakfast sometimes
Cons
middle hours
I enjoy my work and the workplace, the only reason I am seeking other employment is the salary is not enough. at the moment I am working for 2 advisers at Old Mutual
Pros
will give you days off to work form home
Cons
not earning enough
the job evolves around client and their financial planning,i have learned alot for the past few months and now am able to work independetly. my co-workers are so helpful,i pay attention to detail and have strong administration skills so for me the job is easy and simple.
Pros
free training lunch and birthday lunch
Cons
extended hours to meet submission date
Old Mutual is a great place to work. The employee benefits are exceptional. A typical day for me differs each day. I assist the Legal Executive and Compliance Executive of a business unit called Retail Affluent. What I do enjoy about my position is that it keeps me on my toes. I am not micromanaged which is very important to me. I know what needs to be done and I get on with it. My managers are supportive and approachable. Working in the legal area is very interesting. New legislation comes out and it is great to learn how it impacts the finance industry. My managers take an interest in my professional development. I completed a project management course which I see as a next step in my career.
Atypical day include reading and responding to the emails sent to my boss,submission of policies,typing faxing and answering the phone,
Pros
free trips
Cons
long hours and there is no specified lunch time you have lunch only when you are not busy