Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Sales Executive

Old mutual was a great entrance into the sales environment for me as an individual. It was my first sales job so working towards targets was very challenging. Old mutual had enough resources for me to engage in the competitive environment.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Challenging targets
Working at old Mutual for me was a life changing experience. It was my first time working in the sales industry and you can only imagine how intense it was for me to try to reach targets and all. The great thing is that all resources were given to me so i had the opportunity to excel without any hiccups from their end.
It was a very professional workplace with assistance at all times learnt alot old mutual helped me grow has there were very ethically good managements
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
High paced target driven environment that challenges you to the fullest. Excellent company benefits , and training. Professional workplace ethic and values .
Pros
Training job security
Cons
Time . long hours
My typical day at work will always be a busy one where I am constantly with clients trying to help them to improve their life and educating them about their financial management starting from budgeting up to doing their financial planning. In 2014 - 2015 I had an opportunity to work in management role where i was supervising sales managers and Area managers up until they get their accreditation. The most hardest part of my Job was to lead managers that have been in the role since I was born but I had to demonstrate leadership skills to ensure that the task at hand was preformed fully.
Pros
Getting rewarded for the hard work i put in place
Cons
Long Hours
Working for this company was really nice. The diversity of different cultures was great. I worked in diffrent departments Retail Mass market department was Amazing from management to fellow Co workers. Then Om finance was horrible management was racist and the salary offered was very low and employees where often treated unfairly which led to alot of resignations, then I worked in client services salary was good but no room for growth working hours leave little time to a social life. It's a case if finding a balance For the most part Old Mutual has a great culture and good values which makes the company feel like it's your family
Pros
Good company, culture and growth
Cons
long hours, stressful, unapproachable management
i learned how to deal with clients,though my manager aint a person you can work easily with. my colleagues are sweet people and its always fun working with them.the hardest part is trying to convince a client who is not interested at all. the most enjoyable part is working flexible hours.
Pros
free lunch once in 6 months
Cons
too much pressure
More work done on filed searching for new businessmeeting new people and getting to understand people's needsstressing getting new sign upssupportive if need arouse and very secretive in getting new businesswhen I was required to get in the club 51 meaning signing up 25 people in two weeksteam building it was more like distressing for me
Pros
free promtiopnal iterms
Cons
sourcing new business