Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Culture reviews

Old Mutual helps to bring the best out of their employees with continues trainings and meetings, helping us meeting our objectives.Old Mutual is by far the best company to work for.
Pros
Fully paid trips around the world
Cons
Working on saturdays
Self driven and self motivated. More about life cover and investments. Management would create an efficient working atmosphere and obtain willing cooperation in getting the job done by adjusting one's style on the twin dimensions of task and relationship behavior. The workplace culture was more of a team effort and helping each other. The hardest part of the job was getting people to sign-up and the most enjoyable part of the job was the hours.
Pros
Knock off early on Fridays, subject to target reached.
Cons
Getting people to sign-up.
A typical day at work will start with a "bang" meeting with your manager discussing what you have planned for your day. I loved working at OM. I learned so much. I stayed in the insurance field until 2019 and would always measure the workplace culture to that of OM. I enjoyed the hard work the passion I had for the brand kept me going.
Pros
Cooooffffeeeeee
Cons
Changing rem structure
Acquired communication skills through my experience and social involvement. Work with our supervision as well as under pressure. Computer skills Microsoft office, Outlook, Sap and Microsoft PowerPoint. Good oral and written communication. I have learnt to work well with people from various cultures, norms and values. Planning, organising,. control and time keeping. Office administration- filing, diary telephone management, good client/customer orientation.
Pros
Random braais
Cons
Work on weekends
It is a very friendly environment to work in, people are friendly as well as professional. The management team is very professional and conduct themselves ethically and with integrity.
Its fun and exciting Too much pressure and stress tooLot to doGreat benefits Company looks after thr employees in many waysTarget and goal driven
I loved the benefits at Old Mutual, the company culture is great and they care about their employees in terms of their growth and development. They also have an onsite gym, mall and creche.
Pros
Employee benefits are great, competitive salaries, performance incentives, group life cover, free parking, onsite mall, creche and gym.
Cons
Specialized roles, exposure to a variety of functions can be limited.
Typical day at work is going through emails. What i have learned is to check if clients details are correct & that feedback needs to be provided weekly. Management was great. The workplace culture is diverse. The hardest part is keeping the finacial advisors clients happy with old mutuals slow staff
Old Mutual was by far the best companies to work for. The amazing support from management the enormous love from fellow colleagues made the environment so pleasant that one would never even feel they are at work.
Pros
Recognition
Cons
Weekends
Salary is too little it does not cover the expenses it does not help to uplift you, unable to pay for basic needs. You get less motivate at the end of the month pension is also growing too little. The work is okay the culture and the people you work with excellent.
High performance culture organisation that requires collaboration, self discipline, good corporate governance. It has great opportunities for career development.
To whom it may concern This is a company which prioritize its customers and employees, it is mindful of the clients and customers. Support is provided to all those necessary. Regards
Line managers are very supportive, in order to meet your targets, team working in also assist as well, but yet a very competitive field to work in. Otherwise great place.
its a stressful and competitive work environment as it involved gaining and satisfying customer needs. the hard part about the job is to get and retain clients. The remuneration model is bad
Old Mutual is a company that will allow you to build yourself, grow and lead. The company is very focused on the well-being of their staff and often rewards staff for doing
You work flexible hours, but if you didn't met the daily target you must also work after hours so that you can close the gap and meet the target. You work freely because you always on the road to meet clients. I can go back work there but in a different department(e.g IT department)
Answer incoming calls, do amendments, work with brokers directly, learned that brokers always seemed to know everything, they use to the old ways, telling them about new processed in place always created problems, but I could work around that, excellent listening skills, always got great reviews/feedback from brokers, was nominated for emerald award for sales and service. was top performer in up selling products- short term insurance. I loved the wow moment of brokers and their delight when they received good service, always got good ratings. System was sometimes slow, new legislation and processes always take long to get use to, but we over came it. Utmost respect for each other's culture, respect and integrity. Salary was good, working hours was perfect, no stress, everyone did their part, team leader great to work with, always pushing you to your limits, always saw the good in others, always had a kind word.
Its quiet a nice working environment , acknowledge something new everyday.the feeling is mutual in most cases with the colleagues,well motivated team including the management abroad.
this job needs a focused, determined, consistent, independent , prospecting person with good customer skills, telephone skills admin and computer literacy.work well with people competitive and target driven , work under pressure and honest and with good integrity.
Its a create company to work for overall, the work culture is very good, people don't just work but build networks which makes it a create environment
Old mutual must make sure that they in force their culture to the Management . I work as the financial advisor on thw field at Old mutual. I'm very hard worker, quickly to learn and develop