Old Mutual Life Assurance Company logo

3,7
Work-Life Balance
3,8

Found 430 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 484 reviews

Training and development, discipline and intergrity are core values together with respect, accountability and discipline

Training and development journey, which is mainly people and customercentric and focused on enabling one to self actualisation and discipline, integrity as well as leadership which is characterised by example to fellow workers and subordinates. Fairly positive culture and promotion of good relationships.

Pros

Training and Development

Cons

Not being able to work in location of choice

focus and consistency

this job needs a focused, determined, consistent, independent , prospecting person with good customer skills, telephone skills admin and computer literacy.work well with people competitive and target driven , work under pressure and honest and with good integrity.

Its a create company to work for overall

Its a create company to work for overall, the work culture is very good, people don't just work but build networks which makes it a create environment

The quality of the company is not in force to the management

Old mutual must make sure that they in force their culture to the Management . I work as the financial advisor on thw field at Old mutual. I'm very hard worker, quickly to learn and develop

Productive and challenging

Many objective and little time to achieve. Precise planning required each day. A collaborate effectively with other staff/ departments. learning experiences about the pension fund act and the financial sector. Learnt about the new policies such as Money laundering, TCF and PPI. Management are always looking to safe cost and practice LEAN principles and exercise authority when required. The culture is generally a productive, fun and self management culture. The hard part of the job is to perform multiple tasks of other ex-employees without extra remuneration. The best part of the job is to work hard, catch up with your work and to be rewarded with a nomination and cash incentives.

Laid back environment

Need to be self-driven individual Can be stressful Enjoyed interacting with clients (intermediaries, service consultants etc) Great relation with Mgt

Pros

Flextime

Cons

Salary not match the skill

productive

I have learnt alot from the past 2 years i ahve worked for Old Mutual. I love the organisation culture and organisational climate there, it is easy ti adapt.

Productive and fun work

Working at old mutual was great ,but challenging because you need to have your own vehicle in order to travel to various work places . Targets are set.

Productive and fun workplace

Honesty, Respect and to protect myself working at Old mutual i have learnt to be to be honest not only with the kind of work i did but with myself as well. I have learnt that I take accountability and advanced my responsibility character. I am a cultured person guided by my own as well as organisational rules. I have confident in Old Mutual Insure.

Working as a team, fun

Always had fun with my marketing team. Customer care - making sure that customer enjoys their experience at an event. Expos - hardest part making sure all parts of project are completed

Fun work place

It is a great company to work and grow for. A great space to grow your career. It is well managed by the management style. Its a fun work place with great colleagues

Good diverse place

Old mutual is a Good company. They offer the following ,Alot of knowledge ,Friendly and helpful staff ,Good courses ,Training provided ,helpful people

Pros

gift cards, competitions

Cons

Great place to learn about finances

It was amazing place to be and the poeple at the environment are friendly, the challenges are sometimes difficult but manageable and you can do tasks.

Balanced

Stressful but manageable. Flexibility, only stress is going out to the field to look for clients. Salary not guaranteed if don't meet your monthly target.

Productive and fun

From beginning to end of day there is a buzz. A hive of activity that makes one know that we are in the business of satisfying clients. I've learned a wealth of knowledge as Mutual was my first admin job. Management is of the best I've worked with. Work culture was an important aspect of being an employee as dedication, commitment, professionalism and quality was primary. Sheer volume against the targets set. Learning and growing in the RFA EB business.

Started as an Advisor and promoted to management

An inspiring sales and management job, tough at times but enjoyable. Enjoying working with team. Inconsiderate line manager was toughest. Competitions and conventions made job enjoyable. A company with a culture of high performance.

there's good productivity

there is good management; I have learnt to work well with people, to communicate well with them and to be a hard working person and to be dedicated to my job ; there was too much work to do but there was nothing I could not handle

Challanging

Old mutual was a great entrance into the sales environment for me as an individual. It was my first sales job so working towards targets was very challenging. Old mutual had enough resources for me to engage in the competitive environment.

Pros

Great Training

Cons

Challenging targets

Fun workplace

Even though it was fun company to work for, the Job was very stressing and they had too many demands. Selling insurances everyday is not as easy as it looks as there was a lot of convincing to do whet it came to people. I was one one of the high performers, got awards for reaching my yearly target every year that i was at Old Mutual.

productive and competitive work place

Target driven and competitive environment. Lots of team building and competitions. You are taught self control and to have patience as well as inter personal skills. You have to problem solve on a daily basis and know how to retain a client. Open communication as well as honesty will take you far, whether that be dealing with a difficult personality or understanding the systems. Every other month you are given tests on legislation and etiquette that helps conduct and regulate the insurance/ financial sector. The best part of the job is the perks and rewards you get for your hard work and meeting targets. The hardest part of the job is understanding how to navigate through all the systems and understanding your products and how they differ. The most challenging is dealing with a client on a bad day and not letting that ruin your day.

3 cases per day.working with govenment employees and assisting them with their finances

when the was not enough business for the day to push harder to reach targets target driven too formal making sure I reach my daily targets if not ,I reported to the office being recognized when I did well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,0