Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Culture reviews

Training and development journey, which is mainly people and customercentric and focused on enabling one to self actualisation and discipline, integrity as well as leadership which is characterised by example to fellow workers and subordinates. Fairly positive culture and promotion of good relationships.
Pros
Training and Development
Cons
Not being able to work in location of choice
worksites management good communication friendly to our clients stop order markets honestly outings to motivate team work entertainment good management
Client requisition and presentation was very typical to me and I was young , confuse and working with very much experienced people. I learned to interact with new people Not sure of management because I spent more time with the Representative as I was training. Workplace culture, to be out in the field as always Since we did not have basic salary ,commission was the hardest part to me because I was not an experienced employee by that time I really enjoyed teamwork , I understood how to sell policies to clients,( life cover, funeral cover, education plan, investments and other) And it was actually the company that I dreamed of working for while I was still at school . I loved old mutual unfortunately I did not have the qualification to work as a full time Representative. It is difficult for me to rate the company because I worked under a Broker
Pros
Cons
Late appointments
It was a great company to work for. The Soweto branch that i worked in was the best, Great people and great management.we had flexible hours and achievable targets
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Clawbacks
Old mutual is a good company and I love the thing that the adversers always do team building to grow the company so that we can accomplish more client and business
Pros
If you meet your targets you get the opportunity to get vouchers
Cons
Going etxa miles only if you are passionate about your jo
Management and leadership are only concerned with climbing the ladder by belittling and undermining their advisors. They provide no support and in no way provide assistance and guidance for one to be successful as an Advisor.
Pros
Cons
Dreadful Leadershio
Great work culture Best employee rewards system Care about staff wellness Great benefits for staff and children Car loan benefits Great investment options for staff Great sports facilities
Pros
Best company to work for.
Cons
Professional and productive company to work with, with the typical large corporate office politics to navigate. Pleasant working conditions with some really professional people and attitudes.
Pros
Results oriented, enjoyable
Cons
Office politics, red-tape
Was great place to work in and had great relationdhips wth colligues. Team building and team work was good. Targets was a challange and was met. Wonderful experienced builder
Pros
Sales policies
Cons
9 Hours
Old mutual is a great place to work at. Crunch time is crunch time and they take the variety if cultures very seriously. The company itself looks after their employees.
Pros
Recognition of employees
It is the pinicle of a proper well oil machine in all the department's. it is all about striving for success and embracing the achievements of one's self and colleagues in growth personally and the business as a whole .
Enjoyable company to work for, had the greatest manager, yet, the culture has died out, people being chosen to become management or who gets given a chance are those who are well liked or who are buddy buddy with top management. A disappointment as you are always told you just as good as your last week, yet when you are good for years its not good enough. the carrot gets held in front of your nose but you never get to taste or even given the chance to grow. Other than that hard work pays off your attitude within Company determines how you do, but the politics are demotivating.
Pros
Great people
Cons
not enough money for work done
my day at old mutual finance started at 07:00am, it will be a busy day especially when i am behind with my stats. it will be a productive and fun day. i have learned to multitask because of the kind of system we were using, because it required us to be on the call at all times with no interruption. the management was so supportive always checking on our well-being made sure we were well rested. workplace culture was very fantastic as i was the one who was a culture builder and i have won a Prize in 2018 for being a CULTURE BUILDER. the hardest part of the job was when you get a difficult client especially on your lowest days and you had to maintain one of the old mutual values which is "UBUNTU & INTEGRITY The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had special campaigns on our client's big salary days, you had to call the clients and make special arrangements in order to get some big incentives. i enjoyed those days.
A corporate company with a good culture, exciting opportunities for advancement and good work ethic amongst its employees. The short time employed at Old Mutual was educational and enjoyable.
Great Exposure Massive Company in the industry it operates within Fun and exciting Great culture & everyone is friendly Always competitive
Pros
Lunch
Cons
N/a
Great place to work. Allows for continuous improvement of oneself and for personal growth. Also has a pre-school on site. Has flexibility in working hours and pay people well.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Highly competitive enviroment
I have learned a lot on how to deal with all types of clients and how to manage a messy situation. My confidence was boosted , whereby I am not shy anymore , I can approach clients. The work place felt like home as we did everything as a team and those who needed support our manager gave full support so we can win as a team. All the hard work was recognized and also those trying was also recognized. We were all motivated as we had competitions an how to improve our work , as a team we divided into 3 teams that competed every week.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
working on Sundays
A typical day at work starts off with calls and booking your diary. Constant learning and courses are done Management is available, but it is a hands on position and you have to be able to run your "own" business Culture is fine at the workplace, but socializing is limited as work comes first and you work individually The hardest part is that it felt like there is not enough hours in the day to do everything, the more you work the more you earn, so if you want to earn great money, very late hours are required and if you need to work at the office later than usual, access is limited Most enjoyable is the traveling, seeing places, meeting people, building relationships, seeing that you were able to change peoples lives, experiencing being part of a clients life almost as a family member and being included in important decisions in their lives going forward
Pros
Able to earn what you worked for
Cons
No company benefits
One of the best insurance companies in the world and will never disappoint when coming to short-term insurance. I will recommend. It is good working with Old Mutual due to their culture and how they do things. I would say the employees are so calm and reliable.
A typical day at work should be about settling in with a fresh cup of coffee and routinely orientate myself with the environment; comfortably attending to my Outlook dairy to see what screams immediate attention and what can be parked for later. In addition the better part of the day will be about engaging with people more than sitting behind a desk and pushing pencil/pen. What I have learned is to play a positive role in the lives of others, sharing my life experiences and imparting knowledge not only in my profession but also life skills in general. Management focus should firstly be on human relations, inspiring, encourage, engage and motivate individuals and collectives. Collaborative management makes great teams work together successfully, win together and celebrate rewards together. Workplace culture in my opinion is about mindset shifts from silo to open mentality. Embracing differences and respecting individuals for who they are. Aiming to achieve a common workplace culture taking in to account diverse dynamics. The hardest part of the job in my opinion is what we tell ourselves we cannot do or believe that it is beneath us to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a smile on someone's face which l influenced, even though after tough conversation.
Pros
Performance incentives, Benefits and Rewards structures enticing
Cons
My typical day at the office starts very early I am at the office from 7am-5:30pm. I come to my desk sit and then hardly move unless its to go to the ladies or make coffee. I have learned that with certain positions peoples "power" go to there heads. I have been employed at Old Mutual for 5 years now and management has changed so many times there was a point in time I had no idea who I was supposed to report to, Workplace culture: not very satisfying. The hardest thing about my job is that there is no fixed process and procedure due to this I cannot function optimally. Also to many changes
Pros
Sometimes we receive little gifts in the form of free lunch vouchers and little care packages.
Cons
No structure in my team.