Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Culture reviews

Training and development journey, which is mainly people and customercentric and focused on enabling one to self actualisation and discipline, integrity as well as leadership which is characterised by example to fellow workers and subordinates. Fairly positive culture and promotion of good relationships.
Pros
Training and Development
Cons
Not being able to work in location of choice
One of the best insurance companies in the world and will never disappoint when coming to short-term insurance. I will recommend. It is good working with Old Mutual due to their culture and how they do things. I would say the employees are so calm and reliable.
A typical day at work should be about settling in with a fresh cup of coffee and routinely orientate myself with the environment; comfortably attending to my Outlook dairy to see what screams immediate attention and what can be parked for later. In addition the better part of the day will be about engaging with people more than sitting behind a desk and pushing pencil/pen. What I have learned is to play a positive role in the lives of others, sharing my life experiences and imparting knowledge not only in my profession but also life skills in general. Management focus should firstly be on human relations, inspiring, encourage, engage and motivate individuals and collectives. Collaborative management makes great teams work together successfully, win together and celebrate rewards together. Workplace culture in my opinion is about mindset shifts from silo to open mentality. Embracing differences and respecting individuals for who they are. Aiming to achieve a common workplace culture taking in to account diverse dynamics. The hardest part of the job in my opinion is what we tell ourselves we cannot do or believe that it is beneath us to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a smile on someone's face which l influenced, even though after tough conversation.
Pros
Performance incentives, Benefits and Rewards structures enticing
Cons
My typical day at the office starts very early I am at the office from 7am-5:30pm. I come to my desk sit and then hardly move unless its to go to the ladies or make coffee. I have learned that with certain positions peoples "power" go to there heads. I have been employed at Old Mutual for 5 years now and management has changed so many times there was a point in time I had no idea who I was supposed to report to, Workplace culture: not very satisfying. The hardest thing about my job is that there is no fixed process and procedure due to this I cannot function optimally. Also to many changes
Pros
Sometimes we receive little gifts in the form of free lunch vouchers and little care packages.
Cons
No structure in my team.
diverse group, different cultures.Pressurised environment.Really looking after its employees.Excellent support structure.Management fully trained, workplace very cultural.Paying for employees trainingNew business in this day where more competitors is in the market.Making a difference to many South Africans where funeral and all types of investments is offered.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Pressurised environment
Good company to work for, great benefits and interesting culture and management dynamics. Overall great organisation with awesome rewards and really takes care of its own.
The excitement of reaching the targets. Clients claims being successful. Meeting new people and making new contacts everyday. The drive to be accurate at all times.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
Culture is very important to me. I feel that I have a good organisation I call my workspace. The remuneration structure is comprehensive and there isn't another organisation that offers what is offered here. I am very focused on growth.
Pros
Job satisfaction through achievement.
Cons
Growth
Typical day is that one needs to call plus minus 10 to 20 leads and set up appointments with clients and sign them up for their needs. I have learned that people are not all the same and one can not treat them as thou they are. The culture of the company is good and balanced management needs more training most enjoyable time is going out to awards events in recognition of the work of people.
i was super happy, their top agent, a very profesional and friendly enviroment to work with. i admired the people the business and the eagerness to succed in life
Pros
super good enviroment and people
Cons
long hours to rich team target
It is a culture at old mutual PFA to hold meetings every Monday, especially to give information on Merit. As challenging as the job is, you get learn to be an entrepreneur, time management is very crucial, therefore you have to be able to manage your time very well because every is important. There is a smooth line of management, it is to know the correct go-to-person for everything. There is a merit listing called "51 club". The 51 club quarterly functions were created to inspire advisers and they are a true inspiration. The hardest part of the job is when you are up against meeting your monthly targets while you also have to minimize the clients' lapses. The most enjoyable part is the functions and being awarded for completing the 51 club round.
Pros
Free trips with our families.
Cons
Meeting clients after hours, even in the evenings. Not getting paid on the months that you did not meet your target.
Old Mutual Finance is a great employer I've ever worked for. It possesses a great culture, built on very strong values, very inclusive of its employees, management is very transparent and offers great benefits to its employees.
Pros
Monthly Incentive Scheme and Phantom Shares Programme
Cons
Old Mutual Finance is a great company to work for. The culture is excellent with good benefits. Good team spirit and team lead. Everybody is helpful. Because of the location of the job, I struggled to work long hours and keep my family happy
A typical work day is busy. Very deadline driven. Continuously multi-tasking. On the go. No one day is the same. The most enjoyable is working with different people within the business. The hardest part is there are too many processes which doesnt allow one to do ones job efficiently.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours. Juggling many activities at once.
Had an incredible experience..petrol allowance..car allowance and good outings and team meeting were always awesome..Team spirit was the moat preached culture
Pros
Petrol incentive
I enjoy working in a team and on my own.i like be challenged to boost the batteries again. i dont like it when people keep on pressing on old mistakes,because we all learn from it and need to improve and move on.The hardest part of this job is to go physically look for clients and still offer them insurance,some you still need to objection handle to the extreme.The work culture is fine.Management everywhere is never a good thing to speak about from any company,as long as you do what is expected then all should go well,that is my mojo.
prospecting over the phone, submitting new business, confirming appointment, workplace culture, training, learning new technique on closing business and doing admin
Pros
smoking time
Cons
admin
A typical day at work - entails a check-in on each business unit in the morning to ensure stability followed by a briefing with management to discuss the previous day's events and highlight any urgent requests for the upcoming week. Thereafter, I will manage all business outages with IT and finalize outstanding office projects/tasks. What you learned - I have acquired skills enabling me to build and maintain relationships as well as communicate with various levels of management and staff. This is vital for prompt service restoration. I have learnt to 'own' each incident and ensure that it is managed according to its SLA. Management - A manager is someone who helps to create and enforce not only current company policy, but also the company’s direction for success in the future. My management has motivated, supported and assisted in developing me, enabling me to competently perform my daily function. Workplace culture - I believe that learning about the similarities and differences of others creates a team that communicates at a high level. I work hard to develop relationships with others so that I can truly understand who they are as individuals. This helps me know how best we can work together. I volunteer annually with a community projects so as to expose myself with diverse populations. The hardest part of the job - is obtaining a client's approval or understanding that a different business unit has an outage or a high priority request therefore their level 4 or 5 request will be addressed thereafter. I usually manage the request in between outages but I prefer - more...
Pros
Being able to educate myself using various mediums, as well sharing the information, Never allowing myself to be in a comfort zone as each day i am faced with different scenarios
Cons
Diverse culture, actively involved in socioeconomic development. Equal growth opportunities and advancement. Great Company to work for I had fun and growth in various departments
Pros
13th Cheque
Cons
Job diversification
Participates in socio economic development, diverse culture and values. I worked with divserse people and in various departments that gave me an overview of the company and contributed in my personal growth
Pros
13th cheque
Cons
Not much technology orientated
It was an exciting workplace to be in, it had friendly and fun faces. It traines and grows their employees. Offers so many opportunities to their staff. Motivated their staff with trophies when needed.
Cons
Healthcare