Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,4Job Security & Advancement

Found 344 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 554 reviews

Learning new things about our economy.

Old mutual is an expanding company and well known all over the world. When you are working at this company you must know that people respect you ànd expect you to change their lives. They even put their trust in you. The company is looking for people who are honestly and willing to take the company to another level and willing to learn new things

Work from home

The company does not have a very good culture, management was not willing to adapt to changes, the set targets are impossible to reach, and growth is limited

Pros

Work anytime, anywhere

Cons

Commission based

Life experience

I learnt a lot of life skills working there and got to connect with a lot of people how assist in shaping my work life. It was a great eye opener and I did enjoy the life experience.

relaxed and collaborative

I worked in one of the best teams. collaborative, work life balance. I had never woken up and dreaded going into the office. we were like family yet colleagues

Pros

relaxed environment

Cons

month end submissions

Stress

Working as Financial advisor is very challenging and and stressful. You need to be prepared. Old mutual has lots of benefits and is a great company to work for.

Hard work

I would recommend working at old mutual you get challenged everyday and you grow as the are skil you learn frequently about the company, you have to know what you want and always be on the move and challenge yourself to do better than you did the day before.

Pros

Fun days to detox the work stress

Cons

Lot of tessure

Great company to work for... I would like to go back but every time I apply, no one gets back to me

Loved working at old mutualWished I never left, but at Old Mutual being a Financial Advisor you need to have 120 credits and I didn't so I had no choice but to leave

Fast pased

Working for old mutual was indeed a learning experience about things that most people are not informed about. Good place if you at the branch that strives and appreciate what you give in you would enjoy working there.

A professional work place

Working at old mutual has been very exciting, the team is united and management very hands-on. Getting to deal with so many different people on a daily basis, teaches you more and more about people skills and how to interact with them in a way that is in alignment with Old Mutuals principles.

Fun

Enjoyable, challenging. A lot to explore.I liked meeting different types of people on the working fields, which educated me a lot about human various behaviour and values of life. Got to learn a lot about financial planning needs. They were lot of challenges that gave me experience which have groomed me on how to tackle them.

Fun to work for

Great company with great incentives great working structure the job allows you to manage your own time and has much flexibility because of self managing your self

Productive work place

Classic corporate environment. Room for growth within your area. Job security. Medical aid and pension fund. Fun and ineteractive environment. Colleagues were great!

Takes a while to get recognition

Overall it's a beautiful company to work for. I'd recommend it to people who want to grow within the financial services industry. Opportunities are endless if you in the right team

A stressful environment to work at

Their commission structure changes from time to time. You never know how much is going to be.They prefer paying people through competitions rather than commission. Managers never wants to approve leave yet they take leave for days.

Pros

guaranteed job security

Cons

Salary is too small

Fun and casual place to work

I'd say my experience at Old Mutual brought their culture to life! It was amazing working with people from so many backgrounds, and learning from more experienced colleagues, and the training was the best part of the job for the first 5 months, but things got real toward the end of those 3 months.

Pros

Fuel allowances on training trips

Cons

Chasing targets

The company has always taken long time review and understand that change, challenge and opportunity are the onlu contraits

Great company ro work for with lots of opportunities and growth , they take care of their staff by taking them for training, there's team work , employees offers help when they need to. It teaches you to manage yourself and i learned so much and gained alot of experience to work as a professional. Working under pressure to meet the target is one of the thing I have learned. Great place to work for with the culture that is defined with high performance.

Pros

You can take a lump sum when you rerire Registered members earn point's

Cons

Old mutual corporate consultants offers employees and trustees the support of fkxused investment

Great benefits, the company contributes to your retirement fund & medical aid.

Great company to work for with lots of room for growth. They take care of their staff offering good bonuses and benefits. Extensive training so you learn alot and training is on-going for you to perform at your best in your role.

Pros

Benefits - retirement fund, medical aid and bonuses

Cons

Good place to gain experience

Old Mutual is a good place to work for but they seem not to care about contracted employees. I was informed on the day that my contract ended that it would not be renewed and I would be unemployed. They do not make staff permanent, it is easier for them to have contracted staff so they don’t have to provide employee benefits.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

No job security

The work environment is good, however quite competitive

Working at Old mutual was a good experience, however the manner in which I had to leave work due to retrenched was distasteful. I was forced to sign resignation.

Pros

Working at your own time.

Cons

High targets

Comfortable place to work at

Old Mutual could be a great place if the leadership is flexible and approaching , in each business units. Career growth is largely driven by managers who are biased and not on performance of an individual. Qualifications is a none issue in most businesses and the salary is not market related, especially in the back office environment,however job security was secured during my 13 years with Old Mutual, always had great people as in team members that can actually become a family.

Pros

Constant training

Cons

Poor growth you end up being stagnant.

Process driven, competitive and regulations.

Competitive, process driven, accountability, work life balance, flexibility , fun culture very driven by results, people management and willing to develop careers

Pros

Time off, recognition programmes, learning and development, career growth

Cons

Stressful, competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 554 reviews