Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Job Security & Advancement reviews

If you can for Old mutual it depend how they value you then you will get good salary. You have to know someone for you to be endorsed to higher position
This was a very stressful environment to work in, because it is target driven. There's a lot of room for growth, and career advancements though. Learn a lot about the financial industry.
Pros
Acknowledged, and growth
Cons
Long hours while pushing target
It is a good company to work for and the manager's give you guidance and support and I am grateful to be the part of old mutual team and its a learning place how to improve my customer service skills.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
People are the greatest assets. Values and respect counts a lot at this amazing company. Here at Old Mutual you are really looked after as an employee. We believe in work, life and balance.
Pros
Good benefits and rewards
Cons
na
Enjoyable company to work for, had the greatest manager, yet, the culture has died out, people being chosen to become management or who gets given a chance are those who are well liked or who are buddy buddy with top management. A disappointment as you are always told you just as good as your last week, yet when you are good for years its not good enough. the carrot gets held in front of your nose but you never get to taste or even given the chance to grow. Other than that hard work pays off your attitude within Company determines how you do, but the politics are demotivating.
Pros
Great people
Cons
not enough money for work done
A corporate company with a good culture, exciting opportunities for advancement and good work ethic amongst its employees. The short time employed at Old Mutual was educational and enjoyable.
I had a great experience I have grown in many ways. I am looking forward on implementing the skills I have received from my previous experiences. the motivation I received from my previous employer was so amazing he would offer me a lift to go and see my clients. The incentives I was receiving were very good and they motivated me
Pros
Free transportation
Cons
Great Exposure Massive Company in the industry it operates within Fun and exciting Great culture & everyone is friendly Always competitive
Pros
Lunch
Cons
N/a
Great place to work. Allows for continuous improvement of oneself and for personal growth. Also has a pre-school on site. Has flexibility in working hours and pay people well.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Highly competitive enviroment
Good company to work at. Difficulty becoming a permanent employee depending on the department, great company to learn about the industry, especially if you want to know more about the industry.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Each person's to work really hard for his or her own incentive
Old Mutual is one of the best companies that i have worked in so far, the very professional in times of work performed , meeting targets and time management. However they treat their employee's very well and they provide great career opportunities and career advice .They have great employee benefits and the treat all employee's equally.
Good company to work for, great benefits and interesting culture and management dynamics. Overall great organisation with awesome rewards and really takes care of its own.
Culture is very important to me. I feel that I have a good organisation I call my workspace. The remuneration structure is comprehensive and there isn't another organisation that offers what is offered here. I am very focused on growth.
Pros
Job satisfaction through achievement.
Cons
Growth
Old Mutual Finance is a great employer I've ever worked for. It possesses a great culture, built on very strong values, very inclusive of its employees, management is very transparent and offers great benefits to its employees.
Pros
Monthly Incentive Scheme and Phantom Shares Programme
Cons
Old Mutual has been there in ways it cannot even begin to understand, if it were a physical person, even then still, it would not be possible to put into words the happiness and joy I feel to be part of such as amazing brand, company and leader in the financial world. I will genuinely confirm that opportunities do exist and its greener on this side. I will recommend my company to any person searching for a purpose and new challenge Thank you
Pros
studies, salary, opportunity
Cons
departmental
Old Mutual is one on the best companies to for. The reason I would like to apply for a job in another company is that to grow myself. I have no more growth in Old Mutual.
Pros
Pension Fund
Cons
Myself development
My experience at Old Mutual is not good and I would not recommend anyone to apply there. Very hierarchical, difficult to explore innovative solutions. Old management style.
Pros
Retirement scheme - you have an option
Cons
Medical aid scheme - you dont have a choice
Old Mutual offers a great learnership programme. It consists of a 24 Month Academy which is intense but allows us to learn a lot. The downfall in my experience is that it is very difficult to earn a stable income.
Diverse culture, actively involved in socioeconomic development. Equal growth opportunities and advancement. Great Company to work for I had fun and growth in various departments
Pros
13th Cheque
Cons
Job diversification
Participates in socio economic development, diverse culture and values. I worked with divserse people and in various departments that gave me an overview of the company and contributed in my personal growth
Pros
13th cheque
Cons
Not much technology orientated
It was an exciting workplace to be in, it had friendly and fun faces. It traines and grows their employees. Offers so many opportunities to their staff. Motivated their staff with trophies when needed.
Cons
Healthcare