Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Management reviews

The management needs to motivate the workers not push on targets only without checking on them are they coping or not. Yes the business its about target and all but some months are not the same when it comes to business.
Pros
Yes there were free lunches when you perform well.
Cons
Long hours was a big problem rep up meetings and yiu need to go to taxi rank it was quite risky.
worksites management good communication friendly to our clients stop order markets honestly outings to motivate team work entertainment good management
Client requisition and presentation was very typical to me and I was young , confuse and working with very much experienced people. I learned to interact with new people Not sure of management because I spent more time with the Representative as I was training. Workplace culture, to be out in the field as always Since we did not have basic salary ,commission was the hardest part to me because I was not an experienced employee by that time I really enjoyed teamwork , I understood how to sell policies to clients,( life cover, funeral cover, education plan, investments and other) And it was actually the company that I dreamed of working for while I was still at school . I loved old mutual unfortunately I did not have the qualification to work as a full time Representative. It is difficult for me to rate the company because I worked under a Broker
Pros
Cons
Late appointments
It was a great company to work for. The Soweto branch that i worked in was the best, Great people and great management.we had flexible hours and achievable targets
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Clawbacks
Working at old mutual comes with a lot of pressure,litlle support from management,if you don't reach a certain Target which escalates every month it's tough especially being in the field without a car is even a huge challenge,I wouldn't recommend for anyone without a car or needing security..otherwie is a great credible company which sells itself.
Pros
Free training at a luxury hotel
Cons
Commission
Management and leadership are only concerned with climbing the ladder by belittling and undermining their advisors. They provide no support and in no way provide assistance and guidance for one to be successful as an Advisor.
Pros
Cons
Dreadful Leadershio
None that is worthy to give. The management are a bunch of conspiratorial capitalist extortionists that are there to see for themselves only. There is no system in place to safeguard the employees interests as the management is so WHITE that they can still practice APARTHEID values and get away with it.
Pros
None.
Cons
Slave driven. And if the bosses need to cover themselves. They just fire u
old mutual its a good company but the management its bad sometimes when it comes on treating the employees , it offers good benefits and fun it gives employee vibe and good times at work and feel like home.
Professional and productive company to work with, with the typical large corporate office politics to navigate. Pleasant working conditions with some really professional people and attitudes.
Pros
Results oriented, enjoyable
Cons
Office politics, red-tape
Enjoyable company to work for, had the greatest manager, yet, the culture has died out, people being chosen to become management or who gets given a chance are those who are well liked or who are buddy buddy with top management. A disappointment as you are always told you just as good as your last week, yet when you are good for years its not good enough. the carrot gets held in front of your nose but you never get to taste or even given the chance to grow. Other than that hard work pays off your attitude within Company determines how you do, but the politics are demotivating.
Pros
Great people
Cons
not enough money for work done
my day at old mutual finance started at 07:00am, it will be a busy day especially when i am behind with my stats. it will be a productive and fun day. i have learned to multitask because of the kind of system we were using, because it required us to be on the call at all times with no interruption. the management was so supportive always checking on our well-being made sure we were well rested. workplace culture was very fantastic as i was the one who was a culture builder and i have won a Prize in 2018 for being a CULTURE BUILDER. the hardest part of the job was when you get a difficult client especially on your lowest days and you had to maintain one of the old mutual values which is "UBUNTU & INTEGRITY The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had special campaigns on our client's big salary days, you had to call the clients and make special arrangements in order to get some big incentives. i enjoyed those days.
There is structure, there is rythm, The company takes pride in their image. The systems in place are very tight, thus all is detected before the company looses money due to discipline issues.
Pros
Awards and recognition
Cons
Quality is key
It was a very professional workplace with assistance at all times learnt alot old mutual helped me grow has there were very ethically good managements
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
A typical day at work starts off with calls and booking your diary. Constant learning and courses are done Management is available, but it is a hands on position and you have to be able to run your "own" business Culture is fine at the workplace, but socializing is limited as work comes first and you work individually The hardest part is that it felt like there is not enough hours in the day to do everything, the more you work the more you earn, so if you want to earn great money, very late hours are required and if you need to work at the office later than usual, access is limited Most enjoyable is the traveling, seeing places, meeting people, building relationships, seeing that you were able to change peoples lives, experiencing being part of a clients life almost as a family member and being included in important decisions in their lives going forward
Pros
Able to earn what you worked for
Cons
No company benefits
A typical day at work should be about settling in with a fresh cup of coffee and routinely orientate myself with the environment; comfortably attending to my Outlook dairy to see what screams immediate attention and what can be parked for later. In addition the better part of the day will be about engaging with people more than sitting behind a desk and pushing pencil/pen. What I have learned is to play a positive role in the lives of others, sharing my life experiences and imparting knowledge not only in my profession but also life skills in general. Management focus should firstly be on human relations, inspiring, encourage, engage and motivate individuals and collectives. Collaborative management makes great teams work together successfully, win together and celebrate rewards together. Workplace culture in my opinion is about mindset shifts from silo to open mentality. Embracing differences and respecting individuals for who they are. Aiming to achieve a common workplace culture taking in to account diverse dynamics. The hardest part of the job in my opinion is what we tell ourselves we cannot do or believe that it is beneath us to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a smile on someone's face which l influenced, even though after tough conversation.
Pros
Performance incentives, Benefits and Rewards structures enticing
Cons
My typical day at the office starts very early I am at the office from 7am-5:30pm. I come to my desk sit and then hardly move unless its to go to the ladies or make coffee. I have learned that with certain positions peoples "power" go to there heads. I have been employed at Old Mutual for 5 years now and management has changed so many times there was a point in time I had no idea who I was supposed to report to, Workplace culture: not very satisfying. The hardest thing about my job is that there is no fixed process and procedure due to this I cannot function optimally. Also to many changes
Pros
Sometimes we receive little gifts in the form of free lunch vouchers and little care packages.
Cons
No structure in my team.
diverse group, different cultures.Pressurised environment.Really looking after its employees.Excellent support structure.Management fully trained, workplace very cultural.Paying for employees trainingNew business in this day where more competitors is in the market.Making a difference to many South Africans where funeral and all types of investments is offered.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Pressurised environment
Old Mutual is one of the best companies that i have worked in so far, the very professional in times of work performed , meeting targets and time management. However they treat their employee's very well and they provide great career opportunities and career advice .They have great employee benefits and the treat all employee's equally.
Good company to work for, great benefits and interesting culture and management dynamics. Overall great organisation with awesome rewards and really takes care of its own.
Typical day is that one needs to call plus minus 10 to 20 leads and set up appointments with clients and sign them up for their needs. I have learned that people are not all the same and one can not treat them as thou they are. The culture of the company is good and balanced management needs more training most enjoyable time is going out to awards events in recognition of the work of people.
Typical day at work was your normal inbound call centre Day. Dealing with unhappy and happy clients, assisting where ever we could. Pushing beyond boundaries to make sure, no matter how that call started, that the customer was happy before hat call was ended. Fun times with staff members It is such a lovely environment; only management could of done better with motivating the employees.