Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,4Pay & Benefits

Found 576 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 554 reviews

Learning new things about our economy.

Old mutual is an expanding company and well known all over the world. When you are working at this company you must know that people respect you ànd expect you to change their lives. They even put their trust in you. The company is looking for people who are honestly and willing to take the company to another level and willing to learn new things

Work from home

The company does not have a very good culture, management was not willing to adapt to changes, the set targets are impossible to reach, and growth is limited

Pros

Work anytime, anywhere

Cons

Commission based

Life experience

I learnt a lot of life skills working there and got to connect with a lot of people how assist in shaping my work life. It was a great eye opener and I did enjoy the life experience.

Their very supportive and it will depend on your Manager also.They will give you proper training tools and going to other branches to adapt culture of OMF.They have lots of games that makes you sometimes to forget about over loading at work.

relaxed and collaborative

I worked in one of the best teams. collaborative, work life balance. I had never woken up and dreaded going into the office. we were like family yet colleagues

Pros

relaxed environment

Cons

month end submissions

Stress

Working as Financial advisor is very challenging and and stressful. You need to be prepared. Old mutual has lots of benefits and is a great company to work for.

Unfun and boring

Bored from start to finish, found work generally boring, didn't have fun, manager and staff consistently abused their power to force more work than needed.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Long Hours

Hard work

I would recommend working at old mutual you get challenged everyday and you grow as the are skil you learn frequently about the company, you have to know what you want and always be on the move and challenge yourself to do better than you did the day before.

Pros

Fun days to detox the work stress

Cons

Lot of tessure

Fast pased

Working for old mutual was indeed a learning experience about things that most people are not informed about. Good place if you at the branch that strives and appreciate what you give in you would enjoy working there.

Productive and friendly wworkplace.

For me everything was fine, competitive challenging and manageable. ILove challenge and I'm super productive in everything I do and I am always willing to learn more.

Stressful and uncertainty

This is the worst job to find yourself at after you graduated. The nature of the job sucks, very demanding and long hours of work. Pay is not guaranteed.

Productive and fun environment

Good company to work for. Great incentives with benefits when you work hard by bringing more clients. You need to achieve your target in order to get better salary

No place for mistakes, accurate and on the ball at all times. Nice work ethic and culture

Management was professional and utmost helpful. Any problems was sorted quick and efficient. Client advise based on professional knowledge. A great company to work for.

Fun workplace

Working here is interesting and we receive equal respect and support . It is easy to communicate with the manager and resolution of problem is done in time .

Fun to work for

Great company with great incentives great working structure the job allows you to manage your own time and has much flexibility because of self managing your self

Productive work place

Classic corporate environment. Room for growth within your area. Job security. Medical aid and pension fund. Fun and ineteractive environment. Colleagues were great!

Productive and fun place to work at

I enjoy working at Old Mutual. Although it could be stressful at times in some months you are not paid which becomes frustrating. You learn as you go which is nice.

Takes a while to get recognition

Overall it's a beautiful company to work for. I'd recommend it to people who want to grow within the financial services industry. Opportunities are endless if you in the right team

The company has always taken long time review and understand that change, challenge and opportunity are the onlu contraits

Great company ro work for with lots of opportunities and growth , they take care of their staff by taking them for training, there's team work , employees offers help when they need to. It teaches you to manage yourself and i learned so much and gained alot of experience to work as a professional. Working under pressure to meet the target is one of the thing I have learned. Great place to work for with the culture that is defined with high performance.

Pros

You can take a lump sum when you rerire Registered members earn point's

Cons

Old mutual corporate consultants offers employees and trustees the support of fkxused investment

Great benefits, the company contributes to your retirement fund & medical aid.

Great company to work for with lots of room for growth. They take care of their staff offering good bonuses and benefits. Extensive training so you learn alot and training is on-going for you to perform at your best in your role.

Pros

Benefits - retirement fund, medical aid and bonuses

Cons

It is a good company to work

. Very competitive environment. Adapt easily or else you will be irrelevant. Management is on point. Best workplace culture ever. Chasing targets and (OMF) lower salaries than other colleagues in other departments at the same role size.. Recognition for the hard work you put in monthly.

Pros

Becoming shareholders not just employees

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 554 reviews