Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Work-Life Balance reviews

it impower positive product and satisfy everyone. it change and open people's minds and put better mindset and better outlook for positive success.
Pros
free transport
Cons
short hour
It is one of the best company but the challenge it is its management.The hardest part is when you do not reach your target they micro manage you.It was fun working at this company especially employee benefit,
Pros
Team buildings and year end functions
Cons
Long hours and job security
Old Mutual was a challenging yet interesting environment to work for. I had a contract role with them and therefore the period was to short for me to scope on the thorougness
Old Mutual is a good company to work for and they pride themselves on their Integrity and showing Ubuntu. They also focus on development of their leaders.
Unfortunately the company has gone through some serious culture shifts in the last couple of years, it also received bad publicity lately with a CEO being fired. This was a great company to work for and won the Employer of the Year award in 2016 and 2017, unfortunately the culture shift under new management has brought about huge stress levels and job uncertainty.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No promotional opportunities.
When I started at Old Mutual finance, I was just working for a salary. But then as the time goes by a passion developed. I loved my job a lot, except for the bad treatment I was receiving from my Branch manager. She would make me sign a couching whenever I made a meeting. She made me feel so small and useless. She was even bad mouthing me on my colleagues.
Old Mutual is extremly a great company to work for. The cutlure is fantastic,the work is great. One builds good relationships with the clients and you learn something new each and everyday. The room for growthand the sky is the limite when you work for such a grest company. There's alot of team building initiatives, different learning plateforms etc... OM is a great company to work for and gives many people from different backgrounds a plateform to begin their career paths.
Pros
Great culture and environment to work in
Cons
I had the worst project manager. I loved my job but she had an issue with feedback. She complained abt me for no reason. I went to speak to HR about her. She swore at me in front of people because of an error I picked up and brought to her attention. She ignored and it caused problems
Pros
Good foundatiin
Cons
Long hours. Lack of respect
Sales of Products : Advise Client on the Products Suitable For their Income : Doing Presentations in Different Companies Advising clients on which product is suitable for their family based on their salaries
Pros
Na
Cons
Old mutual is a good company and I love the thing that the adversers always do team building to grow the company so that we can accomplish more client and business
Pros
If you meet your targets you get the opportunity to get vouchers
Cons
Going etxa miles only if you are passionate about your jo
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company?
I love my job I love help customer at work I love workers and manager but no love criminal at work because the criminal was killed company and keep clean house
Pros
mass and pap
Cons
day shift and night
Great work culture Best employee rewards system Care about staff wellness Great benefits for staff and children Car loan benefits Great investment options for staff Great sports facilities
Pros
Best company to work for.
Cons
Get to office have a start up meeting, after meeting play uplifting meeting, pray and bless the day ahead then we start our day by servicing our clien
This was a very stressful environment to work in, because it is target driven. There's a lot of room for growth, and career advancements though. Learn a lot about the financial industry.
Pros
Acknowledged, and growth
Cons
Long hours while pushing target
Another wonderful place to work at, you think every day on how you can make someones life better. Prospecting at the heart of the business and to retain the clients you meet every day standing as a challenge. This was the most challenging job and interesting at the same time.
Pros
Educating
Cons
Stressful
It is a good company to work for and the manager's give you guidance and support and I am grateful to be the part of old mutual team and its a learning place how to improve my customer service skills.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
People are the greatest assets. Values and respect counts a lot at this amazing company. Here at Old Mutual you are really looked after as an employee. We believe in work, life and balance.
Pros
Good benefits and rewards
Cons
na
People are friendly they are very helpful .Good company to work for. The hours are very flexible. The training is very helpfull it help most of us on how to save.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Not long hours
Enjoyable company to work for, had the greatest manager, yet, the culture has died out, people being chosen to become management or who gets given a chance are those who are well liked or who are buddy buddy with top management. A disappointment as you are always told you just as good as your last week, yet when you are good for years its not good enough. the carrot gets held in front of your nose but you never get to taste or even given the chance to grow. Other than that hard work pays off your attitude within Company determines how you do, but the politics are demotivating.
Pros
Great people
Cons
not enough money for work done
my day at old mutual finance started at 07:00am, it will be a busy day especially when i am behind with my stats. it will be a productive and fun day. i have learned to multitask because of the kind of system we were using, because it required us to be on the call at all times with no interruption. the management was so supportive always checking on our well-being made sure we were well rested. workplace culture was very fantastic as i was the one who was a culture builder and i have won a Prize in 2018 for being a CULTURE BUILDER. the hardest part of the job was when you get a difficult client especially on your lowest days and you had to maintain one of the old mutual values which is "UBUNTU & INTEGRITY The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had special campaigns on our client's big salary days, you had to call the clients and make special arrangements in order to get some big incentives. i enjoyed those days.
A corporate company with a good culture, exciting opportunities for advancement and good work ethic amongst its employees. The short time employed at Old Mutual was educational and enjoyable.