Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.
Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Review

Its just a means to the end

3,0
26 March 2019
My typical day at the office starts very early I am at the office from 7am-5:30pm. I come to my desk sit and then hardly move unless its to go to the ladies or make coffee. I have learned that with certain positions peoples "power" go to there heads. I have been employed at Old Mutual for 5 years now and management has changed so many times there was a point in time I had no idea who I was supposed to report to, Workplace culture: not very satisfying. The hardest thing about my job is that there is no fixed process and procedure due to this I cannot function optimally. Also to many changes
2,0Work/Life Balance
3,0Salary/Benefits
2,0Job Security/Advancement
2,0Management
2,0Culture
Pros
Sometimes we receive little gifts in the form of free lunch vouchers and little care packages.
Cons
No structure in my team.
4,0
12 February 2020
Same role
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) - Pinelands, Western Cape
great place to work with people and many more.. Management though, no job security and lack of respect for employees, and what the employees put in for them.
4,0
14 January 2020
Same roleSame location
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) - Cape Town, Western Cape
Good company with very good benefits. Great leadership. Has a work life balance for most departments depending on what kind of work you do. Some could departments like call centers and back office could become challenging based on workload.
5,0
22 July 2020
Same location
HR Practitioner (Former Employee) - Cape Town, Western Cape
I loved the benefits at Old Mutual, the company culture is great and they care about their employees in terms of their growth and development. They also have an onsite gym, mall and creche.
Pros
Employee benefits are great, competitive salaries, performance incentives, group life cover, free parking, onsite mall, creche and gym.
Cons
Specialized roles, exposure to a variety of functions can be limited.