Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews

South Africa1 341 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 1 341 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 548 reviews

Their very supportive and it will depend on your Manager also.They will give you proper training tools and going to other branches to adapt culture of OMF.They have lots of games that makes you sometimes to forget about over loading at work.

Good company to work for balance life

Fantastic company to work for no pressure flexible own time aslong as your daily target is reach for what was allocated.Good management and teamleader. Team work is always considered.

Pros

Flexi times can have tea in your own time

Cons

Not necessarily by choice only if work load is heavy

Productive work place

Classic corporate environment. Room for growth within your area. Job security. Medical aid and pension fund. Fun and ineteractive environment. Colleagues were great!

Profitable and fun when we are preforming well

I have learned a lot and the most important thing is that they care about their staff.The environment is very user friendlyManagement do support and advise and inspire for all team members to succeed.It's easy to adjust to the winning culture and making more money, being successful in your personal space and at workwhen your not preforming it can be hard hey When you win with your team and your branch is meeting target and exceeding it, plus the month when you get your dividends and qualifying for sales competition and earning more money monthly.

Productive and fun place to work at

I enjoy working at Old Mutual. Although it could be stressful at times in some months you are not paid which becomes frustrating. You learn as you go which is nice.

Takes a while to get recognition

Overall it's a beautiful company to work for. I'd recommend it to people who want to grow within the financial services industry. Opportunities are endless if you in the right team

A stressful environment to work at

Their commission structure changes from time to time. You never know how much is going to be.They prefer paying people through competitions rather than commission. Managers never wants to approve leave yet they take leave for days.

Pros

guaranteed job security

Cons

Salary is too small

High pressure

Mental health is not prioritised in branches. Workload as a Client Relations Consultant for Old Mutual is very high and there is no support. Be prepared to be overworked with no chance of takinga break 6 days a week.

Fun and casual place to work

I'd say my experience at Old Mutual brought their culture to life! It was amazing working with people from so many backgrounds, and learning from more experienced colleagues, and the training was the best part of the job for the first 5 months, but things got real toward the end of those 3 months.

Pros

Fuel allowances on training trips

Cons

Chasing targets

The company is good and invests on its employees. Problem is Micro-management

The company provides equipment and tools to work. Company invests in employees. Management is bad you end up hating your job. Pressure us too much leading to weightloss and stress to employees.

Pros

Learning and development

Cons

Bad management, meetings every morning with manager

The company has always taken long time review and understand that change, challenge and opportunity are the onlu contraits

Great company ro work for with lots of opportunities and growth , they take care of their staff by taking them for training, there's team work , employees offers help when they need to. It teaches you to manage yourself and i learned so much and gained alot of experience to work as a professional. Working under pressure to meet the target is one of the thing I have learned. Great place to work for with the culture that is defined with high performance.

Pros

You can take a lump sum when you rerire Registered members earn point's

Cons

Old mutual corporate consultants offers employees and trustees the support of fkxused investment

It's a sales job

Great working environment, you earn by commission. Management was really great, manager was understanding, motivates and encouraged full participation.

Pros

There is teamwork, co workers were really helpful when you needed help.

Cons

Too much pressure to meet targets

Great benefits, the company contributes to your retirement fund & medical aid.

Great company to work for with lots of room for growth. They take care of their staff offering good bonuses and benefits. Extensive training so you learn alot and training is on-going for you to perform at your best in your role.

Pros

Benefits - retirement fund, medical aid and bonuses

Cons

Productive and hard working place

If you are looking for a job that that requires you to work 24hr,7day and 365 without compromise. If you are also looking for an unprofessional, uncivilized and unsupportive managers who are self absorbed and don't care about your working environment and your safety! Then old mutual is the company for you.

Pros

Free beverages and lots of colleagues

Cons

Long working hours, unsupportive and unprofessional management

It was stressful working as a financial advisor

It was stressful. It was stressful working as a financial advisor. The targets were unreachable at times. Management can be on your neck pushing you everyday.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Targets

It is a good company to work

. Very competitive environment. Adapt easily or else you will be irrelevant. Management is on point. Best workplace culture ever. Chasing targets and (OMF) lower salaries than other colleagues in other departments at the same role size.. Recognition for the hard work you put in monthly.

Pros

Becoming shareholders not just employees

Productive and Fund Workplace

Hard Work, Over Time and Not appreciated for your efforts from clients. Targets had to be reached in time. Applications needed to be captured before Every Friday end of business day so that your stats are reflecting the following week. Always pressure.

Pros

Commission good and Company Benefits

Cons

Long Hours

Poor remuneration structure and horrible management

The remuneration structure is beyond pathetic and will leave you without money for many months. Targets rise and eventually become unattainable. Rules will be changed at a whim, even if they will negatively affect your pay. Company will also refuse to pay at every opportunity they get. Managers are under pressure to meet their own targets and will at times push you to resign for their own benefit. I would not recommend this company to anyone who cherishes their mental health

Pros

Medical aid training

Cons

Pathetic remuneration structure Poor management unpaid in certain months

fast paced and stresfull place to work

fast paced, management sucks, communication with management hard, witch-hunt mentality of managers to staff, maybe i was just in the wrong department with an incompetent manager

Pros

incentives

Cons

too much admin

Good place to gain experience

Old Mutual is a good place to work for but they seem not to care about contracted employees. I was informed on the day that my contract ended that it would not be renewed and I would be unemployed. They do not make staff permanent, it is easier for them to have contracted staff so they don’t have to provide employee benefits.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

No job security

Productive challenging workplace fun and culture fit

The culture, management and colleagues are what makes working there enjoyable on a day to day basis I've been with the company for 11 years and I don't see myself leaving anytime soon this is like my 2nd home and I'm glad to make a difference

Pros

Lots of benefits especially the share allocation payouts

Cons

Target stressful especially nowadays with this pendemic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 548 reviews