Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

South Africa1 346 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 1 346 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 553 reviews

Too many sales calls

They offer a lot of training and a lot of support but still the targets are too high, for you to make a reasonable commission you must work late almost everyday day

I wish i could get back to work at old mutual

Old mutual is a very good company to work on they have a very well work being and they know how to treat employees with respect, I enjoy working there

Pros

Flessy time

Cons

Working hour is 7:00 to 17:00

It’s a fantastic place to work with a lot of learning being offered. If you are in the field of finance the company does go out of its way to help you hrow.

Stressful and unstructured

rude managers and no skills to manage people. All they wanted was sales, forced to sing, pray and clap your hands. Being punished and embarrassed Infront of others. harassment was also a factor. No room for growth. The culture is not great and you do not really have a knock off time. Always being threatend to be fired. The environment was very bad. Working there for me was not conducive.

Pros

Work Functions, you develop a tough skin for sales

Cons

No respect, no knock off time, stressful

improving live and homing work place

it impower positive product and satisfy everyone. it change and open people's minds and put better mindset and better outlook for positive success.

Pros

free transport

Cons

short hour

If you can for Old mutual it depend how they value you then you will get good salary. You have to know someone for you to be endorsed to higher position

Training and development, discipline and intergrity are core values together with respect, accountability and discipline

Training and development journey, which is mainly people and customercentric and focused on enabling one to self actualisation and discipline, integrity as well as leadership which is characterised by example to fellow workers and subordinates. Fairly positive culture and promotion of good relationships.

Pros

Training and Development

Cons

Not being able to work in location of choice

It is very fun at old mutual and the staff is very friendly

I enjoyed being part of old mutual family. It is like home to me. The environment is very good and they treat people well. Old mutual is the best company I ever worked for.

Pros

We were having free launches from the mananger

Cons

The hours were very good and reasonable

Stressful work environment

Stressful work environment, unrealistic targets to meet production, unprofessional management depression cause by high targets of production If you are a lady will expirience miscarriage, you will not have time for your family ,you can't sleep without meeting the targets of 3clients per day who take a policy. You will dig a grave for yourself if you be working as financial advisorEven if you meet your targets you will not be appreciated or rewarded

Pros

You manage your time

Cons

Unprofessional management

Productive and pressure

Oldmutual is a very gold driven company that believes in honest, integrity and always aiming to be at the top it pushes beyond boundaries. The pressure is to much but we get competitions to motivate us to work hard

Pros

Free CNT

Cons

I enjoyed working at the company, i was smartly dressed every day and i enjoyed every day i worked there.

The worst wotking for old mutual is that the company does not look after its employees. For an example the company do not offer basic salary, its a commission based salary only. It is very difficult to survive months to months without getting paid some of the months due to lot of reasons, one of those reasons being lapses from a client.If it wasn't for the salary structure I would have been still working there till today.

Productive and fun

Enjoyable company to work for. They car about your well being and take their employees into consideration in everything that they do. Pay is also fair

Pros

They care about you

Cons

Short breaks

Productive and fun workplace

Old Mutual helps to bring the best out of their employees with continues trainings and meetings, helping us meeting our objectives.Old Mutual is by far the best company to work for.

Pros

Fully paid trips around the world

Cons

Working on saturdays

Productive and fun work

It's was fun and productive but salary wasn't enough for the job we were doing,we were treated fairly enough but i feel our department was not given enough attention and resources.the environment was freindly and so were the managers and my colleagues.

Pros

Free goodies

Cons

Small salary

Self driven and self motivated. More about life cover and investments. Management would create an efficient working atmosphere and obtain willing cooperation in getting the job done by adjusting one's style on the twin dimensions of task and relationship behavior. The workplace culture was more of a team effort and helping each other. The hardest part of the job was getting people to sign-up and the most enjoyable part of the job was the hours.

Pros

Knock off early on Fridays, subject to target reached.

Cons

Getting people to sign-up.

Productive and hard working environment.

A typical day at work will start with a "bang" meeting with your manager discussing what you have planned for your day. I loved working at OM. I learned so much. I stayed in the insurance field until 2019 and would always measure the workplace culture to that of OM. I enjoyed the hard work the passion I had for the brand kept me going.

Pros

Cooooffffeeeeee

Cons

Changing rem structure

Fast paced

Theres a lot of room for growth, skills and qualification training programmes, needs dedication, hard work and be always eager to learn new things as we continuously learn.

Pros

Rewards and many other incentives

Cons

Hard work and long working hours, you work for your ow salary

It was a productive but when it comes to management on area level was not good.

The management needs to motivate the workers not push on targets only without checking on them are they coping or not. Yes the business its about target and all but some months are not the same when it comes to business.

Pros

Yes there were free lunches when you perform well.

Cons

Long hours was a big problem rep up meetings and yiu need to go to taxi rank it was quite risky.

Productive and enjoyinv my job.

Acquired communication skills through my experience and social involvement. Work with our supervision as well as under pressure. Computer skills Microsoft office, Outlook, Sap and Microsoft PowerPoint. Good oral and written communication. I have learnt to work well with people from various cultures, norms and values. Planning, organising,. control and time keeping. Office administration- filing, diary telephone management, good client/customer orientation.

Pros

Random braais

Cons

Work on weekends

Fun and healthy

Working there is most important and you learn more duties that advance your knowledge, you get bonuses as an employee and give your opinion its supers

Pros

Own lunch

Cons

8 to 5

It was fine. But some managers must put personal issue aside special at work, and they must encourage education because education is the key in future. Thank You

Pros

Travel allowance, car allowance etc.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 553 reviews

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,4 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,4 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,5 out of 5 stars for Management
3,8 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?