Omni Hotels

Omni Hotels Employee Reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Showing all 1 780 reviews

Beautiful Hotel

High volume, constant learning, commuting is hard to this property but overall people and coworkers are nice.Company audits to our department is a good measure to know how good or bad we're doing.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

No promoting from within

Corporate machine: with friends

Hospitality is hospitality. This company has a lot of great and interesting benefits, but just so you know, PTO doesnt start for a year. The toxicity amongst the hotels seems to be at a 0 which is very nice.Hospitality is just hard work.

Not bad

Management was understanding, not a bad place to work. Interact with a lot of people, could have used a raise. Nice location, and they’ve remodeled since then.

Excellent

I truly loved working here. Your peers become your family. They're short staff and rotating door of international workers so they are desperate for long term employees. As long as you work hard and are honest there's plenty of advancement opportunities. Honestly it was probably the most enjoyable place I've ever worked at.

eh

low pay, lot of work. lots of overtime available. good way to learn about basic electric, hvac, and plumbing. paid less relative to the same position at surrounding hotels

Decent Pay, but not a great place for work

For the 4+ years I’ve been in banquets at this company and it is the most disorganized it has been in those 4 years with a much overdue change in leadership and care in the workplace. It’s not a terrible job but it certainly doesn’t provide a good work life balance and sometimes it feels as though my work or my fellow co-workers hard work and extra hours goes unnoticed

Not that great

The pay,at least for my job, was less than what other hotels in the area are paying for the same job. This hotel has the money to provide better compensation but I guess Coordinators don’t matter as much as managers do….

No micromanaging-mostly friendly managers

Working for the Omni is a pleasure, with very few exceptions. There are a few overzealous managers and supervisors that pollute the culture-but overall it is a pleasure to work there. We are well fed, days off requests are accommodated, they have done an excellent job of weeding out corporate cancers. (Brown Nosers, gossips, chronic complainers). I love my job at Omni

Unorganized and unwilling to work with you

Over all management is poor and unhelpful. No lunch break or 15min breaks during 8hour shift. And don't pay holiday pay unless after 90days. Toxic place to work at.

Very toxic place to work

Absolutely disgusting management. They fire people over small things without any warning. The VP of revenue doesn’t value employees loyalty and treats everyone as just a number. People at the hotel are nice but management leads a bad practice and carry no responsibility over employees well-being. Do not recommend the culture.

Pros

People

Cons

Toxic leadership

Run

Managers are terrible and lazy, pay isn’t worth how you're treated cause the guest are snobby, schedule is crazy & any chance they get to walk over you they will. No opportunity for advancement, training sucks, barely any employee appreciation. This place sucks and needs new managers in all departments. I stayed as long as I did for the benefits.

Catty & disorganized team

Directors only care about saving their own jobs. There's absolutely no team mindset here. Understaffed in every department and turnover is high. People leave every 5-6 months.

Pros

Free lunch and free parking.

Cons

Disorganized. Low pay.

Underpaid & No Growth

If I learned anything about working with this company, it's that they don't care for you and see you as an expendable asset. I've been working with Omni for several months and I've been paid below minimum wage for what I was hired to do. There are other hotels in the area that pays much more than what Omni has to offer, and there's not enough staff members to cover their bases because no one in the right mind would want to work for a company that pays below the federal minimum wage.

Pros

Meet interesting people

Cons

Underpaid

Cooperate office is not racially inclusive

I worked at the cooperate office in Dallas. They have a hand full of Kens and Karens there. As a minority I felt some way during my days there.Some “jokes” were made about a fellow coworker which made that person uncomfortable. That person ended up quitting the job. I also heard things that were said that didn’t feel right to me or anyone with common sense.The dinning hall has a picture of a cotton farm proudly displayed so that tells you all you need to know.There is no opportunity to learn or grow

Low pay and little growth

The company needs to work on its pay structure and grow top performers. This company focuses on keeping employees that tarnish the work environment while allowing those that embrace culture get pushed out.

No work life balance, no support

There is no work/life balance and managers are expected to cover everything with very little support. Upper management is clueless and is certainly able to take their 3 day weekends and use their PTO while middle management is told to just "hang in there."

Good money good place to work

Good job while in college a lot of funClean and good food with a great kitchen and wine selection Employees get a free meal before their shift in a cafeteria setting

Great team to work with

Great team to work with, good benefits and free lunch. The culture and the team is amazing.They make you feel like family, the job sometimes can be stressful, however with a great team like Omni you will feel happy

Very unprofessional environment

They put on a good front for the first week. Fake smiles lasted about 3 days I'd say. Co-workers are not very welcoming and management is very critical with high expectations and demands while offering nothing in terms of assistance or guidance. It's like working with adults who never left highschool and they will go out of their way to make the new hire feel uncomfortable with college level hazing and pranks. If you survive the first week or two things don't get much better from there and you're expected to never make any mistakes or ask for any more help or assistance.

Rate of pay needs improvement

Good place to work family oriented. I learned a lot about my profession at omni during my tenure. It has a Karen turn over ratio. When it comes to employees for some reason.

Cons

Low pay rates

Low pay

This job does not pay what other hotels pay in the area for the same amount of work. They are severely understaffed and it shows. It sets me up for failure b/c I'm not able to do my job to the best of my ability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 780 reviews