On The Dot

On The Dot Employee Reviews

South Africa96 reviews
3,0
As a driver you become a strategist, and problem solver because you have to deliver on all objectives and have to make decisions as you go. I feel like management can do better if the work is put in.
5,0
I loved to work the but in the end I wasn't happy about management because they said I stole books and let me sign a warning without proven guilt that y I quit the job because of in professionalism of them they stole books and coverd their guilt by me because they didn't want to look like thief's.I MIC MY JOB THOUGH.
3,0
Joining the company was very challenging and competitive, working in groups was good, learning new things and mostly I gained a lot of experience. U get to meet clients when going out for follo ups
4,0
Was a new place so everyone was new and that was nice. Proper training was given to ensure everyone knew what they were doing. Room for growth was there but never the option of permanency. Basic salary was okay. at the time. Overtime was almost compulsory and never notified beforehand. Salary with overtime was good. Friendly staff and helpful management.
2,0
Campany is being sold to other companies.working for this company,your job is not secure.its a matter of time before it closes completely.it was nice working for it good salary.good people
4,0
When i got stucked in Somerset West with a load of books at he back of my truck.it was late and i had to sleep in the truck for a night till they send someone to fix it and in the morning some mechanic from no where was just passing by and he assisted me.The hardest part was when locals try to steal the book but they where free book and the police just passed me as if nothing is happening.I enjoyed working with the team especially my coordinators. I was also part of admin staff when i finished with my deliveries i was doing office duties
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
8 hours
4,0
Good when you have a good customer base, must have excellent people skills. The managers are good and always helpful, You work from home in the morning so the rest of the day you have free to yourself.
1,0
My facts are as follows:
Salary payment is pour

Workload doesn't correspond with the income

They don't communicate with us the merchandisers when they take decisions they affect us e.g we work on Saturday without any pay and we work Monday-Saturday and only Sunday day off which is very straining as a human being and u can't spend time with your family spend time with your rest and rest and spend time with your family rest
4,0
Working independently and casual dress-code,great sales achievement incentives.13 cheque and company provides study bursary or allowance.Limited growth for advancement for black African employees.Print media has been replaced by Digital Media causing sales to be stagnant and lead to jobcuts.
3,0
I would appreciate to work for a couple that will be good for me mentally and also company that will help me grow and allow me to expand as a individual.
5,0
I had to adjust as I was not use to work on two computers. I really learned fast and the team where really helpful. My team leader was really great and once I had the hang of how my work needed to be done I really enjoyed doing my work.
Pros
great environment
Cons
Sometimes eat and work
5,0
On the dot is the company I can refer a friend to, it awesome working there, and many challenges I have had while working there, lots of experiences, the training they have given me on all the new developments they had
4,0
Working at on the dot was a bit of a challenge at times, because you needed to be able to everything at the warehouse, but other than that it was great experience.
2,0
They use cunning ways to reduce staff. They do not recognize hard work and do not give credit where credit is due. The staff are mostly unhappy as they use labour broker that under pay staff. Job titles does not correspond to actual job performed.
Pros
Cons
Some people in positions think they own the place
5,0
I have learned alot close colleagues worked as one and would choose this working space any given time. From. Being a shy distant person I start leaning how to talk to my job and do it best to my ability as my team was always there helping and giving advice. We work as a good team an never had any issues with any.
5,0
they create an environment to expand your knowledge and challenge your individuality
we started with helping the needy thru a foundation

no day is the same as the last
Pros
working together
3,0
I was working three days a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday).
I have learned how to check and confirm the quality of the stock from the customers.

Workplace was save.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no working over time
2,0
i work as a stock controller to make sure that stock on the system is corresponding with the stock on the shelf/ location. investigating if there is an shortage or extras.
Pros
Cons
10 hour
4,0
good working enviroment , it was nightshift.

learnt about logistics , and sap systems , nightshift work and how to manage without managers at your disposel
4,0
Start Early-own boss-managment always helpful-if you do your job well-you get paid well-good managment support base.
There’s a power in a group of people who work together toward a shared goal. A properly managed team, boost strengths and brings out the best in each member. All employees should work in teams. Because there’s no better way to achieve more than by working together and this what OTD is all about
Pros
good salary
2,0
Working at On The Dot was very stressful, i learnt to work with the drivers and to deal with customers telephonically. The hardest part to me was the hours, the drivers would only come to site after working hours and i still had to complete the data capturing of their trip which meant that i had to work overtime and not get paid over time but it was a stepping stone for me to learn the working environment..
Pros
Working with good people
Cons
Late nights working