OneClass
4,0 out of 5 stars.

OneClass Employee Reviews

4,0Work-Life Balance

Interned Here

Was required to do a few things and the rest they just demanded a lot and gave nothing at all in compensation. It was not the best experience or the worst but it could have been better.

Company that can't consistently pay its employees

The number of times that this company couldn't make its payroll was completely unacceptable, for a company with 300 employees and 1000 contractors. Work somewhere that will be able to pay you on time.

Terrible place to work

Do not apply for any job at OneClass. The pay is low, the hours are always overtime on weekends and evenings too, the founders and vps don't have anyone's confidence, employees put in ethically compromising positions, the atmosphere is weird. People are leaving every week but no one talks about what's going on. So much shady stuff is normal here. Getting worse and worse. People are worried if we stay we will get in trouble.

Pros

Hard working young people

Cons

Exploit employees, customers

No work-life balance, low salary

Chaotic management,no work-life balance. Will have to work overtime, and of course no payment for doing it no matter how long it is. Laying off employees without prior notice and proper reason. Good luck to those who stuck there.

Low salary & work overtime frequently without payment

Nothing concrete to support my living in this city by working for Oneclass, even as a full-time worker. The company is jaw-dropping cheap. They give you the salary which is much lower than almost all the same position in other companies. Their propaganda is that they have fun and flexible working hours, and the truth is that the off-duty hour is really flexible. It's very normal that you start in the early morning and had no idea when you could go back home. Of course, there is no payment for working overtime, no matter how long it is. The worst part is that the company tries very hard to make you believe working overtime is the right thing to do, and tries to make you feel guilty for leaving on time because your leader is still there. Fortunately, I've found a much better job and could finally leave. Really sorry for those who stuck there. Good luck.

Generally good

Very helpful team and managers. Students are very friendly and most of them are hardworking. Not bad to work there. They can schedule classes based on your time selection and the communication is always very fast and effective.

good one for working from home

This is a good part-time job for me during the outbreak of the coronaviruses. Considering this is an online job, I am satisfied with the collaboration with the colleagues from Beijing.

Funny company

Employees are not respected by the company. Low salary and complex working relationships. Long working hours is paid by free snacks from the CEO. Of course you have to say a lot of thanks to him if you take it, very funny.

Fun easy Job

This is a great job to have while attending university as you can make some money and help people in need out as well. Job is fairly easy as it only requires you to listen and make concise notes.

Easy way to work from anywhere and help students

This is one of the better opportunities out there for educators who want to be able to work with flexibility. I really like the fact that the platform is so easy to use, and I’m also able to get consistent hours with my students. Would highly recommend to any other full-time tutors out there

Great company with even better team members

I really enjoyed the whole process since applying to the company and being accepted. Through every step of the way, my teammates were all super helpful. The company’s training process is very extensive. From the moment that I was onboarded, I watched a few videos to learn more about the platform. The team also provides on-going training and has weekly virtual town halls so everyone is able to ask questions. I really like the company and I know that they have a bright future ahead.

Open culture and transparent communication with all team members

I've worked at companies in the past that were highly political and you had to engage in a lot of inter-office politics in order to get by and be offered advancement opportunities. Since day 1, OneClass has been the opposite of that. Everything is laid out in the open and all of my co-workers are extremely friendly and collaborative. Since our goals are aligned and we can only do well as a team if every individual is able to succeed. I really like the fact that during my training process, my manager was always available to answer any of my questions.They were very patient with me and made sure that I understood any coplicated processes. Really like the company and would recommend anyone who is interested to apply for a role.

Great place to work with a lot of supportive staff members

I can’t say enough about how helpful all of the tutor managers and moderators have been since day 1. I really like working with such a positive group of people who are always there to help. Even when there are upset people, they are so patient and always are able to resolve a negative situation. I particularly like the ability to work with so many diverse team members from different backgrounds. It allows me to look at problems from a very different perspective and allows me to come up with more comprehensive solutions.

Smooth transition from learning to earning

The company provides opportunity to earn while learning and provides ample support in terms of training and transition. The team members are professional and helpful.

Exemplary management with focus on excellence

The organization provides a positive workplace environment while maintaining focus on deliverance. I have met some of the most driven people, who were always there to assist and guide.

Motivating place with lots of friendly people

I’m constantly reminded of how passionate this group of people are whenever I’m on the platform and someone is experiencing an issue. They are always on top of things and they make sure that I feel like I’m a part of the team. It’s a really great company to work for.

Comfortable environment with lots of encouraging teammates

Simple sign-up process and plenty of teaching opportunities

There were not very many students in my area when I first started, so I decided to try out OneClass. After getting fully trained, the students started to come in. I really enjoy helping them and also being able to do so in the comfort of my home.

Great teaching experience through a easy to use platform

It was a breeze to sign up and I thought that all the requirements were more than reasonable. I received constant support from my manager and I was always able to reach them. There were some hiccups when I was getting set up in the beginning but those issues were quickly resolved.

Thorough training and onboarding provided by friendly managers

I really liked the fact that training was done in a very efficient way where we had to watch videos on our own time and complete the skill-testing questions. I thought that perhaps it was a bit long, but that’s to be expected if you don’t want just any random tutor to teach on their platform.

Quick support for all team members

After having bad experiences with some tutoring platforms out there, I was skeptical at first about what OneClass could offer me. However, my first few interactions with their managers made me a believer and they have always been very responsive to my needs. Highly recommend this company to anyone looking for additional work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneClass. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance