OneClass
4,0 out of 5 stars.

OneClass Employee Reviews

4,0Work-Life Balance

Interned Here

Was required to do a few things and the rest they just demanded a lot and gave nothing at all in compensation. It was not the best experience or the worst but it could have been better.

Make your Own hours and share notes you're already taking

OneClass is an excellent way to earn rewards for notes that you are already taking. A recent transition in the payment scheme makes it less lucrative than in the past. However, as a dedicated student in university, it serves as an ideal opportunity to earn additional rewards for notes you are already taking. It also enables you to assist other students which is rewarding in its own right.

horrible job

do so much work for less. its a dollar for an email so its not worth it. you have to do a lot of public speaking so its perfect for building up courage

Pros and cons

Great place to start the career! I've learned and practiced so many during my work by working independently most of the time through the entire production process, which also significantly improved my professional skills. I also loved the room that the team gave me to be creative and dynamic about all the projects! It was always a pleasure to have a brainstorm with teammates. Most of the coworkers were young, friendly and supportive, which really made the time working there happy. As a startup company, it seems OneClass was still seeking the right way to go. Lots of room to improve management. Because of the fundraising, some positions may get cut down all of a sudden. The benefits were fine, but the salaries were usually lower than the average in the market. No reimbursement for traveling to Toronto for the interview, staying in the hotel temporarily or moving to Toronto from another city for the job. Sometimes the workload could be overwhelming and working overtime was a must.

Pros

Christmas break

Cons

salary, benefits, management and workload

There are people resigning their positions almost every week.

There are people resigning their positions almost every week. At first the HR sent emails telling everyone who has left for what reasons, after a few weeks the HR stopped doing that. Some of these who quit have just worked here for a few weeks, or even a few days, noticed the mess there and left wisely before wasting too much time there; some of them have worked there for a long time and eventually accepted the reality that things will never improve. For example, their work won’t be valued more or their salary won’t be increased or the management won’t be improved. It’s actually very easy to get hired by this company because they are expanding and they need people. However, instead of treating their employees seriously, they pay very little attention to employees’ needs. Well, there are many people looking for jobs in Toronto, no wonder the company is not worried about employees resigning at all.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Employees are not be valued, low salary, poor management

Good for students

Good part time for students, doesn't pay much but you have a very free schedule and a relaxed management style to do your work yourself. Best for a student with another job on the side.

Place to start but not to stay

Cut to the chase: The company is expanding like crazy currently, hiring new employees on a weekly basis. They even give hundreds dollars as the bonus to current employees in the international team for recommending their friends who are qualified to work here. The sudden increased heavy load of the computers in the office even causes the power outage for couple of times. However, the management could not catch up with the fast speed of the expansion. For thoes people who just graduated from university and struggle to find a decent job, this may be a good place to start the career, but definitely not a place to stay because of the disorganized management, low salary, heavy work loads and basic benefits. They prefer to hire more people with low salary, than to pay current employees enough or improve their management. The CEO is so into expanding company’s territory but doesn’t pay attention to improve the management at the same time, which is really not a positive sign for a company’s future. Personally I don’t think the working environment is professional. The CEO and his wife both work here as employees. Some couples are both working in the same office too. Dating coworkers is even encouraged by the HR lady. This makes the professional relationship hard and complicated.

Pros

Company events, young and dynamic professionals to work with

Cons

Disorganized management, low salary, no benefits for working over time

Fun company culture, low salary

Great people to work with! Office culture was laid-back with open desk concept and really enjoyed the free snacks and coffee. Micro-managing was non-existent and the work hard, play hard mentality encouraged employees to be primarily independent and responsible for their work. Onto my critiques. Friday afternoons consisted of seminar-style meetings where everyone was allowed to take a break and listen in to the team that was scheduled to highlight what they were working on. This allowed everyone insight into other areas of expertise by other teams. While the concept of this is aimed toward skill development and keeping everyone informed on the status quo/future direction of the company, intermingling between teams would have a better method to share ideas and room for improvement instead. Group chat (Slack) for communication was alright for the most part but group channels added an element of being interrupted which left me figuring out whether the message was worth reading or not. If it wasn't, it was mostly wishing happy birthdays to other co-workers or welcoming new team members. It became very addictive to use which diverted attention from the work that was to be done. Management is disorganized and there is no specific evaluation system or feedback on improvement, The same can be said for the workload as it was highly dependent on demand, There was either too much work to do or too little which was quite frustrating for an environment that actively promoted individual skill development. Side note: the company is also expanding way too fast, especially in the -

Pros

Free monthly lunches, inspiring company culture working with like-minded young professionals, emphasis on skill development

Cons

Low pay, workload demand and method of pay inconsistent, no overtime, tax forms or benefits

See the detailed review

Free lunch and company event every month. Most of the employees just graduated from the university, young and dynamic. It’s a good place to start the career, but not a good place to stay. It’s especially bad for people with senior experience. Compared with other companies, the salaries here is much lower for the same position. The leaders were young and not that professional in their fields. Most of the employees are heavily loaded by their work. If someone had a paid vacation, it usually causes other coworkers to be overloaded. The company itself expands too fast without matured management. Frequent overtime is encouraged by the leaders and the company. BTW no payment for the overtime. In general the company is cheap to its employees, and doesn’t really consider employees’ work-life balance.

Pros

Company events, dynamic, winter break

Cons

Working overtime, low salary, heavy work load, poor management

Easy enough but time consuming

Spent a lot of time outside of class revising notes to ensure I was rated well. It was important that there be at least two full pages of text excluding pictures, which was difficult to achieve for the specific course I was taking notes for.

Fun place to work but very low salary

It was a fun place to work! Management is very nice and trains you well on various marketing techniques. However the salary is very low and only commission based.

Pros

fun side job

Cons

low salary

Well rounded

Was given direct instruction of what to do on a day to day basis and hours were left up to me. But the flexibility in how we wanted to promote the campaign was very narrow and not flexible.

Pros

Make your own hours

Cons

Commission based

One Class is a Scam

They do not pay people in 2-3 weeks as promised. They will attempt to steal your time and not compensate you for it, despite contacting the appropriate personnel. This is a scam company. On the bright side, I can never get fired for a job that does not pay me.

Great company, great product, good people

Great place to work, amazing team, brand new office in a great, accesible location in Toronto. Work hard/play hard attitude. Free lunches and team outings every month.

Overall a decent place

Online work very flexible and easy to work for. Learned about note management and filing. Flexible timing so it did not really take that much part of my day

Pros

flexible timing

Cons

nontypical job feel

Good work setting

-Clear instructions provided for task -Working environment was very flexible and fit between classes -Staff were very resourceful and helpful with any issues

Creative and relaxing team atmosphere

I was in a group of 4 that was in charge of the Business Development division at Boston University's campus. We were spreading information about OneClass and worked to get as many individual referrals and uploads as possible onto the website. I successfully referred and uploaded a total of 50 sign-ups and notes onto the website during the summer sessions. I learned how to advertise and market the business as well as have friendly conversations with potential users. I also learned how to work in a team of 4 to efficiently develop the business.

Pros

Flexible work schedule, paid internship, worked with a group of people

Cons

No supervisors, group effort

Helping new comers got a lot of fun.

We provide help to freshman who begin to study in University of Victoria. First, I should be very familiar with every facilityin UVic. Because every new comer is different, then, I would like to have a general research about this freshman to analyze which part is the most difficult thing for him. I often exchange ideas with my co-worker. Some of my colleagues are the students in UVic so it is easy to keep in touch with each other. The hardest part probably is let the students who don't like to speak English get involved in the school's activities. But there are really lots of fun things for me. The most enjoyable part of the job is sharing own experience. Whatever it is a successful experience or failure experience, it does help the new comers.

Pros

Make friends and always get a lot of fun.

Cons

None.

OneClass gives your great chance to try yourself in selling product. It's all about you and how can you communicate with people

Truly enjoyed working with OneClass. They have an excellent team who is very flexible with your school schedule and supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneClass. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,5 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,5 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,6 out of 5 stars for Management
3,9 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • OneClass
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?