Oracle SA

Oracle SA Employee Reviews

South Africa4 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Creative and innovative thinking

this company thinks outside the box and tries to include students in their business. this inspires students to work harder. it also gave me a lot of experience in customer, artist communication.

Productive and interactive

Days work differ, but deal with the current work and I have learned a lot particularly in the IT space and where the business of work is going. management is amazing. There is a worklife balance and the culture is amazing and interactive. I would not really say there is a hard part about my job and the most enjoyable part is interacting with different people and being able to gain knowledge. People are not shy to share what they know.

Pros

Amazing interactions with people

Strategic approach to business development

Oracle SA is a typical point-of-sale entity for Global Oracle. All employees from management to Sales and Support cannot do anything that is unique and specific to the local environment without approval of Global Management who often do not have a clue or knowledge of SA. this rigid approach to business development does not give local management and staff the opportunity to think out of the box. For example, the cloud strategy was very much and still is premature for the South African market particularly the Public Sector. However, oracle went ahead with the full blown implementation of this Strategy which saw many experienced sales people and management leaving the organisation.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Very long hours

A challenging environment with its own dynamics.A leading company in the industry.

Working with a team of subject matter experts to achieve a single goal that meets and exceeds the customers expectations. This was a highly stressfull environment working in foreign countries where ones objectives are not necessary aligned with external parties.

Pros

Networking, dealing with other cultures, tough negotiations with customers

Cons

High stress environment

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Oracle SA?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle SA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance