Outdoor Warehouse
3,7 out of 5 stars.

Outdoor Warehouse Management reviews

Being the Branch manager, i learned a huge amount of practical skills, be it management of staff, management of sales and customer care. A very structured company that has a wonderful work ethic
The work is great, the people are amazing. I would recommend anyone to work here. Management is top class! I enjoy the outdoors, so being able to design for this company feels good, very enjoyable.
It's a day to day work and I learn't a lot about customer service and how to deal with difficult employee. The management system it is OK workable and the way employees treat each other is acceptable.
Good working environment, opportunities to learn now and then, management is very approachable and the job is very enjoyable since I do different roles now and then.
* For a sales environment it is a fun place to work for * Management is hands-on * Commission on sales * No bonus * Long operating hours * Great management
Pros
Commission
Cons
get in clean my area find out targets i need to get for the day. I love meeting new people and getting them to buy all the things they need for there get away trips. Management where good hardest part job was hours over week ends meeting people
Pros
the courses they sent me on
Cons
I started as newbie in the sales industry but quickly learned with the help of management what my daily tasks were and how to do them. I got on the job training and I was given the freedom to use my own initiative to do displays and planning. I have grown within the company and by doing so I have been sculpted into the individual I am now. I have a full day from daily counts, cash ups, merchandising and reporting. The hardest part of my job is getting all repairs done on time and back out to the customers but overall my working environment is a happy and respectful one.
Pros
off every second weekend
Cons
never spent a loot of time but it was not a bad company and the management are good people
Our doors would always open at 8:30am, and before that, all the kayaks and outside displays had to be out. On some mornings, we would have internal training sessions about certain products and write a test on the Friday coming.I've learnt an enormous amount at ODW - ABC of selling, ABC of receiving and admin training. On the floor - from dealing with a variety of difficult customers, to being the go-to guy for all the staff members. I had a good relation with all the management members, we all pushed each other positively.There weren't too many difficult situations at ODW, and definitely nothing we couldn't handle. Even if it meant going far out of our way to sort the customer out in the end. The hardest part of the job was only getting every second Sunday off, basically.Other than that, my whole experience at Outdoor Warehouse was an enjoyable learning curb for me.
Pros
continuous learning
Cons
excessive weekend work