Pam Golding Properties

Pam Golding Properties Employee Reviews

South Africa48 reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Okay

There is no workplace cultureNo lunch spotAgents are wonderfulSalary not so goodNo payslipWorking 5 days is great and no weekends included I have learned so much more

Fun workplace

State of the art IT facility, free coffee and internet. Get paid for doing work for other agentsDo site visits at properties to be sold with other agents

Excellent training and support.

The training is world-class. Agents have excellent support. Standards are very high. Sales positions are commission only, but earning possibilities are very high.

Pros

Flexibility and very good income opportunities.

Cons

Unpredictability

Fast paced work environment

The work load never ended so you need to have very good time management skills. The management showed favoritism to certain staff members so it didnt matter how hard or well you worked. The agents are very friendly and easy to work with.

Pros

Friendly agents, good work hours

Cons

Salary is very low for the work that needs to be done, they show a lot of favoritism, no overtime pay

Overall Company Culture and Brand experience

Working for the company has been beneficial in that there were many efforts made by the organization to provide skills development as well as training as it pertains to being an effective professional individual. The work environment was one that offered much support as well as openness for engaging freely, with a mix of people from various backgrounds as well as walks of life. Some challenges I would acknowledge are the limitations when it comes to furthering expertise, as well as challenges with management that often were not supportive when it was necessary. The hardest part of the job is most definitely the running and increasing operating costs that are accumulated as an individual, as well as the risks that do not guarantee rewards. Inconsistent income also made the job quite a challenge.

Pros

Frequent training, frequent team building initiatives

Cons

Unpredictability of income, limited growth

Rental agent

There’s a slow start to one’s commission as you have to start on a zero salary and work your way up. You should atleast have 3 months money to keep you afloat when starting

Enjoyed the challenge.

Exciting, fun and challenging. Team driven with solid work ethics. Started a business unit from scratch and out an excellent team in place. Very successful in a short space of time.

Pam Golding (Mandela Rhodes House)

I worked at Pam Golding (Mandela Rhodes Branch) for some time and these are few of the things applicants/new workers can expect: * Favoritism in the workplace - Communication between upper management and employees are very difficult as you feel like you are getting the run around. Upper management has limited interaction with employees unless you do something wrong. * Even when/if you choose to start at 5am or 6pm they will not allow you to leave a minute earlier. When you come late you are made to work in the minutes owed to them. *With regards to time off work, if you ever apply for a day off they need a full explanation of why you want time off and three people need to sign it off before it's even approved. *The only time you are allowed to take tea is between 10:00-10:15 and 15:00-15:15 PM. Lunchtime is at 12 everyday and this is not negotiable. *They do not care how much work you do or even if you are better at your job than the next person. The rules are simple - it does not matter how hard you work as promotions are rare and few. *They allow their favorite employees to get away with anything *Don't even think of asking for parking EVER Overall the experience with this company was the worst I have experienced in the property Industry.. You will end up doing all the PM's work while the PM get's his salary and to top that off you will be thrown under the bus around every corner. The money earned at this company is neither worth your stress or time. I have worked in the property industry for many years and Pam Golding, being the most well known name -

Very good company to work at

Nice staff and friendly management Anyone is allowed to study and gets funding. Pam Golding takes Care of their staff. I would work there again given a chance

Pros

You can make extra cash by house sitting

Cons

Thanks

flexible job for weekends

Most relaxing job assisting sales agent sailing property and taking down client information .Must be patient and very good with sales in property and referrals.

Great Company

It’s Commission based. It’s Fast paced. It’s a Sales environment . It needs a person with Good communication skills and also financially stable because its commission based

Pam Golding is a great place to work in

A typical day at work involved me going into the office at 8am, working through all administrative assignments and leaving at 2pm. I learned a lot about Real Estate in this job. This job helped me to greatly develop my administrative skills as well as become savvy within the sales market. I learned professional people skills, how to collaborate and healthily compete with other colleagues and how to make a successful sale. The management of Pam Golding always showed 100% dedication to the company. They were always ahead and on top of making sure that everyone did their jobs and that the customers were always happy. The culture within the workplace was a friendly one. Everyone minded their own business and supported one another in whatever they needed to do. The hardest part of the job would be when sales were low and targets were not met. This sometimes affected the employees, but everyone worked hard to do better. The most enjoyable part of the job would be that the interaction with new customers and maintaining good relationships with existing customers.

Leaders in their category

Great company to work for as the brand is well know which made it easy to market n sell it's products. Great team n good support structure from management.

Great Job Culture

Lovely people to work with. Challenges with new processes always being implemented and poor communication. Agents are also tough to please, however - very family orientated, and more of a relaxed corporate environment.

Great Company

I worked for Pam Golding Property in South Africa. The best property company in Africa by far. They have a very high standard of design in the services that they offer.

Established Brand

very reputable and established brand. ability to learn a lot and write your own cheque whilst being guided through their process. lots of support and loyal clients.

Creative enviroment

Good day I loved working at Pam Golding Properties. I was well liked by my peers. Pam Golding Properties has a wonderful workplace culture. I was Personal Assistant to the Group Marketing Director for 5 years.

Pros

Increased my knowledge

Cons

I gained knowlege in the Marketing Departemt

Marketing

This was my first "real" job when I finished school. working for a top 500 company was good and a lot of fun at the same time. It was my initial introduction into the corporate world. I learn a lot about publishing and being able to sell houses. I eventually did a course to sell houses as well. The culture is good. It is serious, but can also be fun.

This is a stable company to work for

The work week is standard Monday to Friday at my current location. The people and culture are lovely. It's time to move on to something new and more challenging.

Tough working industry

A typical day at work was long but enjoyable, i Learned many new traits as well as I grew in confidence and maturity. I learnt how to deal with people daily as i had to telecanvas. Pam Golding Properties is a family anyone would be proud to belong to and that was the best part about the job for me.

Great work structures and ethics

Great company with great structures. The agents were all about ethics and the respect for the industry was incredible. Would gladly go back to the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pam Golding Properties. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance