Pam Golding Properties

Pam Golding Properties Management reviews

Clear

Overall Company Culture and Brand experience

Working for the company has been beneficial in that there were many efforts made by the organization to provide skills development as well as training as it pertains to being an effective professional individual. The work environment was one that offered much support as well as openness for engaging freely, with a mix of people from various backgrounds as well as walks of life. Some challenges I would acknowledge are the limitations when it comes to furthering expertise, as well as challenges with management that often were not supportive when it was necessary. The hardest part of the job is most definitely the running and increasing operating costs that are accumulated as an individual, as well as the risks that do not guarantee rewards. Inconsistent income also made the job quite a challenge.

Pros

Frequent training, frequent team building initiatives

Cons

Unpredictability of income, limited growth

Pam Golding (Mandela Rhodes House)

I worked at Pam Golding (Mandela Rhodes Branch) for some time and these are few of the things applicants/new workers can expect: * Favoritism in the workplace - Communication between upper management and employees are very difficult as you feel like you are getting the run around. Upper management has limited interaction with employees unless you do something wrong. * Even when/if you choose to start at 5am or 6pm they will not allow you to leave a minute earlier. When you come late you are made to work in the minutes owed to them. *With regards to time off work, if you ever apply for a day off they need a full explanation of why you want time off and three people need to sign it off before it's even approved. *The only time you are allowed to take tea is between 10:00-10:15 and 15:00-15:15 PM. Lunchtime is at 12 everyday and this is not negotiable. *They do not care how much work you do or even if you are better at your job than the next person. The rules are simple - it does not matter how hard you work as promotions are rare and few. *They allow their favorite employees to get away with anything *Don't even think of asking for parking EVER Overall the experience with this company was the worst I have experienced in the property Industry.. You will end up doing all the PM's work while the PM get's his salary and to top that off you will be thrown under the bus around every corner. The money earned at this company is neither worth your stress or time. I have worked in the property industry for many years and Pam Golding, being the most well known name -

Very good company to work at

Nice staff and friendly management Anyone is allowed to study and gets funding. Pam Golding takes Care of their staff. I would work there again given a chance

Pros

You can make extra cash by house sitting

Cons

Thanks

Pam Golding is a great place to work in

A typical day at work involved me going into the office at 8am, working through all administrative assignments and leaving at 2pm. I learned a lot about Real Estate in this job. This job helped me to greatly develop my administrative skills as well as become savvy within the sales market. I learned professional people skills, how to collaborate and healthily compete with other colleagues and how to make a successful sale. The management of Pam Golding always showed 100% dedication to the company. They were always ahead and on top of making sure that everyone did their jobs and that the customers were always happy. The culture within the workplace was a friendly one. Everyone minded their own business and supported one another in whatever they needed to do. The hardest part of the job would be when sales were low and targets were not met. This sometimes affected the employees, but everyone worked hard to do better. The most enjoyable part of the job would be that the interaction with new customers and maintaining good relationships with existing customers.

Leaders in their category

Great company to work for as the brand is well know which made it easy to market n sell it's products. Great team n good support structure from management.

Good brand and franchise system, offset by new management.

Rentals usually forgotten about, no proper support structure. Any new marketing and/or campaigns to be approved on multiple levels, slowing down output. Good brand awareness and marketing and footprint.

Pros

Excellent commission structure.

Cons

Poor new management.

Not progressive, its all about certain camps and conforming to be liked

I learned about real Estate and some tricks of trade. Culture is non transformational, Cannot challenge status quo. must please the GM to be likable.

Pros

Lovely Brand

Cons

Lots of gossip and back stabbing

Property Sales and Rental Company in South Africa

One of the top Property Companies in South Africa, very competitive, high standards and strict business work ethic. Very stressful, high maintenance position. Long hours and constant deadlines to be met. Time management is crucial in order to accomplish what needs to be done each day. You need to be able to multi task and work independently. No room for error and you need to be able to work with a range of different people and be able to deal with different personalities (some not so nice.) Loved working with my fellow employees and we had the most amazing work bond. Means a lot when you get on so well with you fellow employees and everything runs smoothly within the office.

Pros

You get to meet people from all walks of life.

Cons

You are literally on call 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. It's not a job but a life style.

Hard work pays off

A typical day at work starts with canvasing for new stock (Properties to list) followed by client relations, its a self management job that requires lots of self discipline as well as loads of patience. the hardest part of the Job is doing all the work and not being paid at the end of the month. most enjoyable is the big paydays you get when a property is sold, however it is also a very demotivated job and extremely hard to do.

Pros

Potential for big money

Cons

no guarantee for salary

Productive and professional

A beautiful team of people to work with. A culture that believes in people and the ability to allow people to grow within themselves and within the Company. Management and staff were very approachable and enjoyable to work with and for.

Jobs at Pam Golding Properties

See more jobs

Productive and fun

A typical day at work a relaxed environment but also very strict management. I learnt a lot of computer skills that I didn't know. Everyone in the office were very friendly and very helpful. There wasn't anything challenging with this job, I enjoyed the experience.

Professional workplace

Very professional company to work for , management was excellent. Learnt a lot which has helped me to mature as a human being..

Productive, Welcoming environment

Everyday duty of switchboard operating, answering calls and emails of client queries. Learnt a lot about people management and interacting with walk in clients to make them feel welcome. Worked with wonderful, genuine and hardworking people. Toughest part of the job is having to deal with frustrated clients and trying to convince them that they need not worry as they are in the good hands of an established company. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a great group of people and working for a very established company with good workplace morals and values

It was very Productive and a fantastic working environment.

My Boss and my co-workers were very nice people to work with, everyday was a happy day. We all worked well together, we had lots of fun aswell as workerd very hard to achieve our goals and was motivated by each employee. We had meetings every Monday morning where we discussed our work done for the week with Management. I had a wonderful time working with new people everyday. The Boss was a very understanding person but also very strict in what he expected from me. The hardest part of the day was going home. I really enjoyed my job. I was sent on multiple courses to help me with all my sales skills, which I enjoyed very much.

Pros

Free Lunches and braais sometimes.

Cons

Long hours, and Sundays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pam Golding Properties. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Pam Golding Properties