Pam Golding Properties

Pam Golding Properties Work-Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & Benefits

Overall Company Culture and Brand experience

Working for the company has been beneficial in that there were many efforts made by the organization to provide skills development as well as training as it pertains to being an effective professional individual. The work environment was one that offered much support as well as openness for engaging freely, with a mix of people from various backgrounds as well as walks of life. Some challenges I would acknowledge are the limitations when it comes to furthering expertise, as well as challenges with management that often were not supportive when it was necessary. The hardest part of the job is most definitely the running and increasing operating costs that are accumulated as an individual, as well as the risks that do not guarantee rewards. Inconsistent income also made the job quite a challenge.

Pros

Frequent training, frequent team building initiatives

Cons

Unpredictability of income, limited growth

Rental agent

There’s a slow start to one’s commission as you have to start on a zero salary and work your way up. You should atleast have 3 months money to keep you afloat when starting

Pam Golding (Mandela Rhodes House)

I worked at Pam Golding (Mandela Rhodes Branch) for some time and these are few of the things applicants/new workers can expect: * Favoritism in the workplace - Communication between upper management and employees are very difficult as you feel like you are getting the run around. Upper management has limited interaction with employees unless you do something wrong. * Even when/if you choose to start at 5am or 6pm they will not allow you to leave a minute earlier. When you come late you are made to work in the minutes owed to them. *With regards to time off work, if you ever apply for a day off they need a full explanation of why you want time off and three people need to sign it off before it's even approved. *The only time you are allowed to take tea is between 10:00-10:15 and 15:00-15:15 PM. Lunchtime is at 12 everyday and this is not negotiable. *They do not care how much work you do or even if you are better at your job than the next person. The rules are simple - it does not matter how hard you work as promotions are rare and few. *They allow their favorite employees to get away with anything *Don't even think of asking for parking EVER Overall the experience with this company was the worst I have experienced in the property Industry.. You will end up doing all the PM's work while the PM get's his salary and to top that off you will be thrown under the bus around every corner. The money earned at this company is neither worth your stress or time. I have worked in the property industry for many years and Pam Golding, being the most well known name -

This is a stable company to work for

The work week is standard Monday to Friday at my current location. The people and culture are lovely. It's time to move on to something new and more challenging.

Property Sales and Rental Company in South Africa

One of the top Property Companies in South Africa, very competitive, high standards and strict business work ethic. Very stressful, high maintenance position. Long hours and constant deadlines to be met. Time management is crucial in order to accomplish what needs to be done each day. You need to be able to multi task and work independently. No room for error and you need to be able to work with a range of different people and be able to deal with different personalities (some not so nice.) Loved working with my fellow employees and we had the most amazing work bond. Means a lot when you get on so well with you fellow employees and everything runs smoothly within the office.

Pros

You get to meet people from all walks of life.

Cons

You are literally on call 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. It's not a job but a life style.

Good working environment People Skills Working with people Allot of Admin and after care services needed for clients Meeting new people everyday Canvasing

Pros

Meeting interesting people

Cons

Long Hours

Productive and professional

A beautiful team of people to work with. A culture that believes in people and the ability to allow people to grow within themselves and within the Company. Management and staff were very approachable and enjoyable to work with and for.

Medium

Only a dedicated,hard working and patient person will survive in this industry. You must also be a peoples person,willingness to adapt. My personal best is meeting different people and knowing how to deal with them.

Great culture but commission structure does not provide security

The team and company is a great place to work and ability to have a work life balance. The rewards are great but it is tough working on commission basis and supporting a family as the financial security is not there

Pros

Independence and financial rewards

Cons

Commission structure and late nights

It was very Productive and a fantastic working environment.

My Boss and my co-workers were very nice people to work with, everyday was a happy day. We all worked well together, we had lots of fun aswell as workerd very hard to achieve our goals and was motivated by each employee. We had meetings every Monday morning where we discussed our work done for the week with Management. I had a wonderful time working with new people everyday. The Boss was a very understanding person but also very strict in what he expected from me. The hardest part of the day was going home. I really enjoyed my job. I was sent on multiple courses to help me with all my sales skills, which I enjoyed very much.

Pros

Free Lunches and braais sometimes.

Cons

Long hours, and Sundays

Jobs at Pam Golding Properties

See more jobs

Propery listed

Buy and sell property Do listings of new property in market Enjoy to work with people (white and black) Hardest part of job was to got loans for buyers Working the internet

Cons

Working long hours

R21 200

My day normally begins with me briefing jobs into the studio. I then start planning upcoming events. We have events on a regular basis. Majority of the day is spent dealing with agents and helping them put together marketing strategy's for their respective areas. I have weekly meetings with my team. Alos I spend time after hours putting in system and process to streamline work flow.The hardest part of my job is managing work follow. As there is always lots on the go. But the best part of my job is my job. The people are so dynamic and passionate.

Pros

learning everyday

Cons

no growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pam Golding Properties. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Pam Golding Properties
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?