Parker Hannifin

South Africa9 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 3 287 reviews

Very Corporate very stressful

Management expectations were high and kept changing therefore it made it difficult for me to complete projects. Its a corporate environment and most of the departments reports to international managers who did not understand the African culture and logistics.

challenging environment

Parker is a very challenging and also fun place to work in. The broad product base and different types of customers with different needs keep you learning more about the industry.

really good place to be

always busy and crazy in the mornings and late afternoon getting all the customers good out of the warehouse on time. learned to be patient and and calm. management really good no compalints the work culture really awesome really good balance and a pleasure to be around. there was not really a hard part of the job if you knew what was required of you. the most enjoyable was when we please the customer and the feedback comes back positive and also on a positive note the criticism from the customers was really good all because this how we improved on our customer service

Pros

every friday we would have a staff barbeque to chill

Cons

no long hours only when we were running behind schedule

Great company to work for

I enjoyed my working environment at Parker. I had a challenging position which required a fair amount of travel within South Africa and Sub Sahara Africa. Was subjected to very professional technical and motivational training.

Pros

Great benefits and work renvironment

Cons

Non

Working at Parker Hannifin was and extremely challenging yet rewarding. I would regard them as one of the best Corporations to work for.

I loved working there and my hart was broken to leave we had fun times but we all work very hard as a team and I would like to thank all that I worked

Duties: In the Past with Import Exports (Shipping) Exports Client Handles Shipping: • Printing of picking slips from JDE • Send pickings slips to warehouse department to pick and pack and then Invoice • Liaise with customer regarding shipping instructions and shipping quotations; • Liaise with customer on confirmation of shipping to address, freight forwarder details, collection date and pre-shipment inspection; • Establish inco term; • Liaise procedure of EXW invoicing to dollar customers and facilitate process; • Prepare invoice • Arrange collection, ship to address and inco terms; • Hand over file to Invoicing clerk for invoicing; • Send instructions to warehouse; • Track shipment; • Confirm receipt of goods; • Await shipping documents and SAD500; ATR’S (DA65) When goods are coming back • Prepare to close file. Exports When Company Handles Shipping: • Liaise with customer on confirmation of shipping to address, freight forwarder details, collection date and pre-shipment inspection; • Establish inco term; • Prepare p/s delivery note; • Prepare commercial invoice; • Notify freight forwarder to collect; • Request booking confirmation; • Track shipment; • Send regular updates to customer; • Prepare invoice according to inco term; • Confirm receipt of order; • Prepare to close file. Cross Traders: F2F (DROP SHIPMENTS) • Submit purchase order; • Await SOA; • Confirm ship date and notify customer; • Request pro-forma if COD; • Request w & d for shipping; • Request shipping quote; • Request any additional information from customer;  -

Pros

Cons

Some Times Stock Take and overtime when needed

Corporate Environment

A strong superior with great future prospects. Flat structure, located in East Rand, international concern, international support.

Pros

Geographically and finanically suitable

Cons

Staff don't have boss' foresight

Fun workplace

To make sure that on a daily basis everything that's needs to be done for the day is completed. I have learnt so much experience and to always obey your superiors. Management comes first and the workload they give you as at the end of the day you need to keep the customer happy. My fellow co - workers are like my second family as we are one big and happy family that work as a team and give a helping hand to one another. The hardest part is when is month end when everything needs to be done and make sure that all the paper work has been processed for that particularly month. The most enjoyable part is when you have all the right answers for your customers and always making sure that you always makes them happy.

Cons

Overnight

Productive and fun people to work with. Guidelines in place with vision driven management.

- Administering Leave- Compiling bsenteeism reports- Updating personnel records- Capturing Third Party Payments (Provident Fund, Trade Unions, Sick Fund, etc)- Administering the performance of management system- Updating employee data onto Payroll / HR system- Providing data for and preparing management information report and documents- Maintaining and developing the filing system of personnel- Conducting termination interviews- Termination and withdrawal from medical aid and Provident fund- Ensuring the execution of criminal record checks fully in a timely effective manner- Assisting during the Employment Equity process as and when required;- Assisting the Salary Administrator with Payroll inputs and internal audits and ensuring that all required documentation is correct and filed;- Assisting HR Executive/Manager with various HR projects to be completed annually- Assisting with HR policies and procedures- Assisting with the Group Personal Accident scheme claims- Assisting with the processing of Workmen’s Compensation claims and follow through with COIDA procedures as and when required- Assisting with the internal recruitment function – ensuring that all new positions are advertised internally;- Assist with filing of all employee information;Orientation of new employees- Liaising with payroll, absence recording, and holiday recording system- Supporting in completion of job application material and document, and preparation of employment interviews and tests- Administering staff benefits, programs, and events

Pros

free coffees and quarterly staff meeting

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parker Hannifin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 3 287 reviews